• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gas Prices Increases

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gas prices in the Tidewater VA (757) areas increase 6 cents per gallon regular gasoline this morning.. What is odd major name brand gas stations (Exxon & BP) and off brand gas stations (7-11, Race Track) are all the same price. $1.85 per gallon.
$1.79 to $1.85 per gallon

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Ours have gone up 30 cents per gallon over the past few weeks from $1.69 to $1.99 for regular.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Gas is still very cheap. I won't start complaining until it gets close to $4/gallon, as we have had in the past.

Kurt

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
If only I had some place to go to take advantage of the cheap gas. By the time I want to travel it will be back to $3.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ours went up about $.20 at Memorial Day and has stayed there. We buy so little (less than 25 gal/mo) that it's of little consequence. I bought 4 gal to come to the 2nd home (125 mi) and it'll take 1 more to get home. Gotta love that plug-in hybrid. Burn no gas on either end and it gets 45mpg on highway.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I got ya all beat, $3.09 in Huntington Beach today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Today in NH we paid $2.119

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Ours went up about $.20 at Memorial Day and has stayed there. We buy so little (less than 25 gal/mo) that it's of little consequence. I bought 4 gal to come to the 2nd home (125 mi) and it'll take 1 more to get home. Gotta love that plug-in hybrid. Burn no gas on either end and it gets 45mpg on highway.
Which plug-in hybrid do you have? I leased a Hyundai Ioniq and love it! Haven't purchased any gas in 2 months.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which plug-in hybrid do you have? I leased a Hyundai Ioniq and love it! Haven't purchased any gas in 2 months.
Ours is an '18 Honda Clarity. They are scarce and were sold as P-I hybrid, full electric or hydrogen fuel cell. They are only available for lease (no sales) as full electric and just in California and Oregon. I am not find of it's styling- especially the flat-topped rear wheel wells, but it's a very nice, and well appointed car. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2018-Honda-Clarity-Hybrid-Plug-In-Overview-c26825

Last edited:

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Since the price of crude has went from single digits per bbl close to the end of Apr to almost $40 per bbl today, should not come as any surprise at all.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is so odd every gas station in Portsmouth, Western Branch section of Chesapeake and North Suffolk, VA., regular gas is $1.89 per gal. Is this price fixing by the local gas stations?
Or is this just odd for our area of 757.

Brett

Reaction score
This is so odd every gas station in Portsmouth, Western Branch section of Chesapeake and North Suffolk, VA., regular gas is $1.89 per gal. Is this price fixing by the local gas stations?
Or is this just odd for our area of 757.

it's price fixing .... (legal :confused: )

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gas prices have also gone up in PA. It surprised me that I can't shop for the best price lately. Almost all stations have the same price.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Costco today regular gas$1.68 per gallon.
The outside world $1.89 per gallon for regular gas

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Sam's here is still keeping the lowest gas prices (currently $1.76) but less than 7 days ago, it was $1.64. :mad: :mad:

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In Calgary at Costco today it was 92.9 per liter.At 3.785 liters per US gallon that works out to $3.52 gallon. And we are the major producer in Canada. Still for jobs I'm glad to see the price back up. And no I don't work in the industry but I do realize how much money it pumps into our economy. Some beef today was 45.99 Kilo or 2.2 pounds. Now that hurts! Sorry these are Canadian prices.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gas prices in Southside Virginia, Portsmouth, Chesapeake and Suffolk is now between $1.89 to $1.99 per gal for regular gas.