• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gas Prices Are Going South

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today in the Tidewater, VA (Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk and VA Beach)
area you can find regular gas as low as $3.49 per gallon.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here in Apple Valley, CA it was $3.55. The lowest I've seen it in a long time.

Janna

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In Atlanta gas is $4.09 per gallon...if there's any gas in the pumps. Lines are long and "pump rage" is rampant. :doh:

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The shortages and high prices seem to be limited to Georgia, Tennessee, and South Carolina. In Alabama and Mississippi there have not been any shortages and the price in my area of Mississippi has dropped to $3.59 a gallon from $3.93 a gallon.

Last edited:

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
i kinda expected them to go down because the elections are close at hand. when they are over, the prices will go up again... JMO

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few of the stations not too far from us in Hattiesburg had a gas war yesterday and they hit $3.10 per gallon. There were massive lines!!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
The oil suppliers aren't dumb. They realize that the longer the keep prices so high, the more resolved we will be to find an alternate supplier. I, personally, think that they cooked their goose this time because both Presidential candidates have made it their mission to end our dependence on foreign oil.

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatelly for those of us who like to travel, there is not an alternative to fossil fuels to power commercial air fare. We might get solar, battery, or LP powered autos, but I am not familiar with any alternative to jet fuel that is even being explored. Overseas travel might soon be priced out of reach of the Average american because of rising fuel prices. Heck, as I check the current air fares to my favorite locations on line, I might already be priced out!

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I knew that Georgia was having major gas shortages, but I just saw on the news that Alabama is having huge gasoline shortages too. They even tried to postpone the Alabama-Georgia football game to another date in the future when the shortage has subsided. The governor of Georgia said the game will go on as planned. Thanks goodness rational thinking returned and priorities were kept in order. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
We're still having shortages in NC. The local BJ's has been out for a couple of days and the cheapest I've seen it anywhere close to home is $3.899

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paid $3.13 here in OKC Friday evening. Of course that's still far too high IMHO. ;)

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We just got back from a quick two days back in Ames (IA) where we paid $3.29 for midgrade :)

It did drop over the weekend here in Milwaukee, but we're still "high" at $3.59!

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
It is $3.89 and $3.71 in Savannah and HHI right now(9/27). There was no issue getting gas in Savannah near the airport or HHI. There were news stories about Atlanta though this weekend and someplace was thinking of cancelling a football game because of lack of gas.

Being a northerner I recall that gas was always cheaper than New England but not so anymore.

Bigbird-please post on your trip to Atlantic Beach NC. It is one of the few east coast spots we have not visited yet. Emerald Isle ,and further south,Kure and Wrightsville beaches/Wilmington NC. Thinking of a trip next year and curious on spring/fall weather.

Last edited:

Bigbird130

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gas Prices

Not really concerned about prices more about availibility.
We are going to Atlantic Beach NC on Oct 3 for a week and wondering how gas availibility is.
We will coming from upstate NY and get gas in Baltimore at our stop on the way down but am wondering how we will do during our week and filling up for the trip home.
Thanks for any help!

Last edited: