• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FYI - Colonies at Williamsburg no longer dual affiliated with II

rbjfamilytug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort
I too am interested in this topic. So I went to the II website to ask. I have attached a screenshot of the reply I received back yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-101813_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-101813_Gmail.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 62

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
No news there, and no evidence anything is changing. RCI has been their preferred exchange (at least to the sales team) for I want to say is at least a couple of years. You need not look any further that the current CWQ inventory available in II to tell that II is the "preferred exchange" of many, many CWQ owners.

I like the dual nature of it and have been making deposits in both.

I too am interested in this topic. So I went to the II website to ask. I have attached a screenshot of the reply I received back yesterday.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I like the dual nature of it and have been making deposits in both.
I also deposit Colonies in SFX. Headed to The Point at Poipu (Kauai) this Thanksgiving thanks to an exchange using my Colonies unit. As I've said in other posts, it's the little timeshare that could...

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
@NiteMaire, I am thinking (hoping) U and me may be among the first to deposit CWQ weeks into HGV's Destination Exchange once it expands. Knocking on wood.

I also deposit Colonies in SFX. Headed to The Point at Poipu (Kauai) this Thanksgiving thanks to an exchange using my Colonies unit. As I've said in other posts, it's the little timeshare that could...

kyaustin

TUG Member
Reaction score
so I'm wondering if this issue is 'resolved'? I'm looking to purchase a 4BR at the Colonies on Redweek but def. don't want to do it if I can't trade on II. Is it confirmed that buying a resale week is trade-able on II still?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm wondering if this issue is 'resolved'?

In ALL likelihood, there was never an issue other than the lips of someone on the sales floor were moving. This thread should not factor into your decision making.

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
so I'm wondering if this issue is 'resolved'? I'm looking to purchase a 4BR at the Colonies on Redweek but def. don't want to do it if I can't trade on II. Is it confirmed that buying a resale week is trade-able on II still?
Agree with @escanoe. We own Colonies and are still able to trade via II (and SFX) with no issues.

jenmcnitt

TUG Member
Reaction score
This post is more than a year old, but is it still holding that you can still trade the Colonies weeks via II?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I attended the owners update at The Colonies at Williamsburg this week and was advised they no longer offer II (Interval International) as an exchange company just RCI. I couldn’t find anything on here about it so I‘m just posting in case anyone is interested in knowing. Also, for entertainment purposes my final offer was a 4 bedroom EOY for $7,100 for any week without a holiday, 40,000 points a year, a premier package (they said they usually sell for $15,000), and $465 annual MF. My gift for allowing them to entertain me for a couple of hours was 2 Bush Garden tickets which included meals and non-alcoholic beverages, and a $60 food voucher to Honey Butter.
I own a week at the Colonies that I use to trade into our Wyndham ownership via their PIC program via RCI Exchange. Word to the wise on the Busch Garden tickets - don't forget to ask them to include a free preferred parking pass along with the tickets, otherwise you're on the hook to cover parking fees yourself. I learned this the hard way the first time we attended an update and went for the free Busch Gardens tickets - now I ask for free parking as well. :cool:

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
This post is more than a year old, but is it still holding that you can still trade the Colonies weeks via II?
Yes. I just made an exchange (for Marriott's Maui Ocean Club!) yesterday.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own a week at the Colonies that I use to trade into our Wyndham ownership via their PIC program via RCI Exchange. Word to the wise on the Busch Garden tickets - don't forget to ask them to include a free preferred parking pass along with the tickets, otherwise you're on the hook to cover parking fees yourself. I learned this the hard way the first time we attended an update and went for the free Busch Gardens tickets - now I ask for free parking as well. :cool:
I own annual passes to Busch Gardens, but we have some out-of-town friends staying with us there (in a separate unit) next month. How many days are the Busch Gardens passes for? I own there, but have never done a sales presentation (not a big fan of them).

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek
Here is the most recent RCI Points chart for it (below).

Current year MFs for a 4 BR lock-off are $869.00. In peak season that will bring you 147,500 RCI Points. So $00.0059 per point. That is about as good as it gets, we just need to wait on a resale market.

I own week 30 there now, and trade it in both II and RCI weeks.

https://www.rci.com/static/docs/en_US/pow/help/rci-points-grids.html

View attachment 51820

Do you know by chance how much are the MFs for the 2BDR Lock-off units? Also, are they as good traders as the 4BDR in II?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I own annual passes to Busch Gardens, but we have some out-of-town friends staying with us there (in a separate unit) next month. How many days are the Busch Gardens passes for? I own there, but have never done a sales presentation (not a big fan of them).
Sorry I somehow missed your question until just now - I don't believe we've ever asked for multi-day passes when going for this type of incentive for a sales update. I believe the passes we've received are only good for one day - but I've never asked for multi-day passes to be clear.