• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frustration with points reservation system

sox21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Does anyone have any tips/tricks for the points reservation system? I simply want to enter a week and see all of the availability on the property for that week. This would be so much easier than going back to the search screen to change my room size and view. Resorts with 4 room sizes and 2-3 views makes this process a lot longer than it needs to be. I've repeatedly commented on this to Marriott and I don't think that it is ever going to change. Such a poor outdated system. It truly is the one thing I am disappointed with when it comes to being a member. I know I can call but I'd rather just look myself. Thanks.

will565

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke with an advisor last night about how bad the system is, she mentioned that a change is coming within the next month or two that will allow us the same ability the advisors have when we are looking to make a reservation. I'll believe it when I see it.

Bill4728

Reaction score
The current system works great for a resort like Newport coast were all the rooms are 2 bd and all the views are the same class.

BUT YES it is a pain when there are lots of different room sizes and dfferent views

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I spoke with an advisor last night about how bad the system is, she mentioned that a change is coming within the next month or two that will allow us the same ability the advisors have when we are looking to make a reservation. I'll believe it when I see it.

I get the impression that the reps can only really do what we can too. When I called about availability for our stay at Imperial Palms, it seemed like an ordeal to check other resorts.

will565

TUG Member
Reaction score
Time will tell, but the way it was explained to me the change will allow us to see what available at a particular resort over a wider period of time.

sox21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista

I've heard this several times over the last couple years and I complain about it in every survey I take. It really shouldn't be very difficult to implement, it has to be more of a "lack of desire" to implement.

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
The search capability provided is far too restrictive, and doesn't need to be. I too complain about on every survey and whenever I call MVC. Everyone I speak to about this agrees, but there appears to be no corporate interest in improving it. Wish MVC would poll owners to see what improvements they would like, and then prioritize them. I would guess a more robust search capability would be the top improvement cited.

Unrelated, but still somewhat irksome to me, is the survey sent out after virtually every online or representative interaction. In many cases, the questions and/or answer options make no sense with regard to the interaction you had. And, if you do request follow-up on a portion of the survey, it never happens, at least in my experience. Not a big deal, I know...

jpa2825

TUG Member
Reaction score
At a recent presentation, the initial presenter started with "we know the website is terrible and we're going to be rolling out new capabilities soon." I get the impression they have heard this a thousand times. Whether they care or do anything about it is yet to be seen.

will565

TUG Member
Reaction score
Logged onto the vacation club website this morning and it has been changed to allow us to see more of the available options available when booking a stay. It is still limited in that only the size unit you select will show what's available and I am not sure over how long a period it shows what is available. There are several other changes I still need time to explore, but at least I can finally access my maintenance fee account.