• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frontenac Shores - Help - anyone know this area?

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
My husband likes to bass fish in Ontario and I like nice places to stay and I came across this resort in II and I grabbed one for first week in June but he can't find enough fishing information to make him excited about it. Would love to find a nice place instead of just a little cabin like to do at Charleston Lake in Athens.

Can you tell me anything you know about the resort and/or the area in case the fishing is bad.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Remote location

Can you tell me anything you know about the resort and/or the area in case the fishing is bad.

You better hope the fishing is good, otherwise there is not much to do in June. Parliament Hill in Ottawa is about 190 km away.

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
we live in Perth ontario which is probably an hour and a half away (or less) from Frontenac Shores.
This whole area of Ontario is known for fishing. I'm not sure what season that will be in terms of what you are allowed to fish for.

You may still have black flies that time of year so you may want to bring a bug hat for hikes or fishing.

It is a lovely area and there are many quaint towns around. Perth is beautiful with many stone buildings. Kingston on Lake Ontario is an interesting university town an hour and three quarters or so away

When I was looking into Frontenac shores they seemed to have some of the nicest homes I had seen.

Reaction score
Frontenac Shores Administration

Hello, I am property management for Frontenac Shores. We are about an hour or so from Perth Ontario. If you travel from Hwy 7 to Sharbot Lake and take 509 North to the Ardoch Rd. Turn left on the Ardoch Road and len left again on road 506 and travel 14km to Frontenace Shores.
We are on Mississagagon Lake and the fishing is great - Pickerel (Walleye), Northern Pike, small and largemouth bass, perch and other pan fish. You noted your reservation is for June - please know that Bass is open the 4th Saturday in June. For 2012, it is the 23rd of June. Norther Pike and Pickerel opens in May.
Frontenac Shores is a wonderful destination and has plenty to do for those who like the outdoors - hiking, boating (the resort has paddle boats, canoes and kayaks for your use and there are motor boats for rent) Thre is also 2 lovely beaches.
The accomodations are very upscale and has everything you need.
If you would like more information, please don't hesitate to call us directly at 1-866-240-5194 or email info@frontenacshores.com
I look forward to meeting you and this property has far more to offer than just fishing. Our reviews from II are also very great. The cottages themselves are classed as a destination.
Pat Storms

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
undecided

I really need to find some reviews from someone who has gone there. Sounds like it might just be a nice unit. I called there is no pool or activity building. Need to think about it a little longer.

If you see anything on it please continue to post here. thanks tuggers.

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
more info for area

I would appreciate all suggestions for things to do in Canada. We always come up to fish at Charleston Lake or Cranberry Lake but never had really gotten to sight see this beautiful area.

Antonio 8069

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
reviews

The reason you are not seeing reviews for Frontenac Shores is because its a fractional ownership property, not a time share!

Reviews of timeshares are easily found on TUG:
http://tug2.com/RnR/ResortsGrid.aspx?ResortArea=9&ResortGroup=101

ps I went to FS for the sales presentation. I agree with others who have said its quite remote. I also recall they operate on a 6-day cycle i.e. a weekly rental is for 6 nights, with the other day reserved for cleaning.