• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frenchman's Cove & Marriott VC Info

SpikeMauler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got back from St.Thomas(Marriott Morning Star).I took the Tour of Frenchman's Cove(I Liked it) and afterward asked the salesman some questions.I first asked him had Marriott halted construction at any resorts because of the economy.He said no,that they were recession proof and that Marriott has no liquidity problems and looked at this economy as a buying opportunity.He then proceeded to tell me that Marriott will be adding six new Vacation Club resorts.He mentioned these five: Italy(Tuscany starting at $106,000), Bahamas(Paradise Island), Hawaii(Maui), Cayman Islands, and Mexico. He didn't know when these locations would be a part of the Vacation Club, though it sounded like Italy would be first.. I then asked him about the dilapidated dock and the coral problem(on the shore) at Frenchman's Cove(Evening Star Beach). He told me within nine months a new dock would be built and all the coral would be removed. He said U.S.V.I. Government signed off on this, and the paperwork was in their New York or Chicago offices. They also will be adding a second private beach(on the other side of the cliff) for the up top buildings.The resort is 70% sold so far. Frenchman's Cove is the strongest trader among all Marriott Resorts(according to the salesman).The current price for a 2bed Plat is $36,100. He said it has been kept around this price the last three years because of the economy. He said once the economy improves and after the resort is complete, the price will eventually be around $72,000. They list the $36,100 price as Pre-Construction Pricing. If I would have bought from them right there(which I didn't), they would have gave me 110,000 points and a seven day trip, anywhere anytime to any Marriott Resort. I also took the Westin St. John tour, but that's another story.

Last edited:

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own and really like Frenchman's Cove. I'm surprised to hear that MVCI is recession proof. I'm going to check Redweek right now and see how much more my weeks are worth. They've been talking about the dock and the coral since it was opened in Feb 07. Nine months is an improvement though, they used to just say they were very close to doing it. $36,100 is about 1k less than they were selling for last winter. All in all I think salesman speak with forked tongue.

Can't comment on how strong a trader it is as I haven't traded it yet. A lockout unit from MPB has pulled in a 3BDRM silver week there during flextime on several occasions. Right now you can go to Morning Star for 7 nights with drinks and meals included for 90k points. I'm thinking of giving up one of my Feb 09 weeks to do this if I get an AC.

$106,000 for Tuscany? A little too pricey for me. But on another thread I read that Oceana Palms is touting the 120k+ price at Marco island as an incentive to buy at Oceana. Interesting sales technique.

Love to hear what you thought of the Westin.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Right now you can go to Morning Star for 7 nights with drinks and meals included for 90k points."

Jim,

I can't find this award on the Marriott site trying to use my points. What dates are you looking at? Best I could find was 115,000 for 7 nights, and this did not include meals or drinks. Thanks.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an email from Marriott about a week ago about a new reward that offered an all-inclusive option for Caribbean resorts. My understanding is that the all-inclusive is an added award much like an upgrade. So, you buy a week with X number of points (or reserve with cash) and then add the all-inclusive for an additional 115K points.

I wish you could do it all for 115K points, but I don't think so.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Right now you can go to Morning Star for 7 nights with drinks and meals included for 90k points."

Jim,

I can't find this award on the Marriott site trying to use my points. What dates are you looking at? Best I could find was 115,000 for 7 nights, and this did not include meals or drinks. Thanks.

Here it is. If the link doesn't work go to the rewards site>use your points>travel packages. The 5&7 night Caribbean packages are listed first.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi