• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free -- The Soundings Seaside Resort, Cape Cod | Bluegreen Vacations (2x points)

werdmann

Reaction score
Hi All,

Background
I bought this timeshare last year to use for the last minute deals Bluegreen offers (3000 points for a week in foreign countries!), to enjoy the benefits of their Traveler Plus program (discounts at many retailers, hotels, etc), and the RCI Membership. My current financial situation did not allow me to plan any trips overseas and I am not sure I can in the near future. Hence my reason for giving this to someone who would use it. My loss is your gain. The resort is fully paid for, only the maintenance fee will be charged annually.

Home Resort Information
The Soundings Seaside Resort, Cape Cod | Bluegreen Vacations (3 accounts together)
Unit #2101
Weeks #14,15,16 (One for each account number - even years)
Trust Fund: E
Sales Type: A
Anniversary Date: 12/1
Maintenance Fee: $626.80 (Due 12/15 for 2016 year)
Points in the account: 6000 (Expire 11/30/2016, 2000 per account)
Next Earn Date: 12/01/2016 (Biennial)
Traveler Plus Expiration: 11/30/2016
RCI Membership

Information about Bluegreen
Bluegreen points offer vacation choices ranging from single bedroom rooms to 5 bedroom houses at all Bluegreen resorts. Check out the companies website to view pictures of each resort. They are constantly being updated and all include fully stocked kitchens. Each year new resorts are purchased or built to expand your vacation desires. Today there are 60 resort destinations but you also have the ability to use your points towards cruises, RCI, and other options. https://www.bluegreenvacations.com/resorts/

Buyer / Seller Responsibilities
Transfer Fees to Bluegreen - I will pay these
Title Transfer[/B] - I will pay all transfer fees with *LT Transfers
2016 Maintenance Free - This would be the only immediate responsibility of the new owner. I believe it is fair given that they will have 6,000 points to use to start the 2016 year (I saved them from expiring this year) and will get 6,000 more on 12/01/2016. I'd like this amount payed to me if a new owner is not found in time as I will not be using the points and would have to pay it to keep the account current. Please feel free to counter-offer and I may consider rethinking this.

*Please click on my blue user name and send me an email or pm.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
what do you mean by "banked" points as Bluegreen doesn't have such a concept. Points are valid for only so long and then they are gone. Did you book a week and deposit to an exchange company? Or are these simply "saved points" with one more year of life before expiration?

werdmann

Reaction score
Apologies for the terminology I used. These are simply "saved points" with one year of life before expiration. They would have expired at the end of the month this year, but I already paid the fee to save them for another.

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I'm new to timesharing. I discovered The Club at Big Bear Village and would love to take annual 3-4 night trips there.

I've tried to inquire about a couple of other "free" point offers on here to no avail.

This add confuses the heck out of me! Lol! I suppose the other ones do as well. I can't seem to understand how many points annually are in the offer.

How many points annually is this? I get that there are 6000 points in the account. But how many points are received each year?

The Club is hella expensive so I believe I need at least 9000-10000 points annually for a 3 night weekday stay in the low season!

Also if anyone on here can point me in the right direction as far as information on how Bluegreen works I'd greatly appreciate it. I can't seem to find articles on it. Can resales trade within the system?

I need to know if I even have a chance of trading into this resort. I do understand that just because you have the points doesn't mean you'll get to stay where you want!!

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Werd, appreciate the post back, Saved Points, got it, thank you!

Jodi, bluegreenonline.com can give you some highlights, the very interactive Yahoo Group can fill in many many blanks. There isn't a BG presence here, sorry if you felt ignored as there aren't a lot of us.

I haven't been to Big Bear nor attempted to reserve as it's on the other side of the country from me. It's a newer resort to the lineup so that might make inventory tight for a while until more new shiny toys enter the network.

For BG, don't think in terms of trading because that's not how it works -you use your points to reserve time. The earlier you attempt to reserve, teh better your chances. Points are points, those bought from developer do not outweigh those bought another way, so, yes, resale points are perfectly fine and have same rights and expiration rules. But, resale points only get Bonus Time in the resort they are attached to while developer points get BT in all the resorts.

All that said, if Big Bear is the only resort you want to go to, I'd suggest you simply rent. I'm not sure it's worth it to buy into an entire network if all you want is one location and maybe some years you can't score a ressie for the time you want. note that Fri and Sat nights will cost the most points at all of the resorts, but since BB is much newer, it will be A LOT more points than an older resort in network.

So I'm new to timesharing. I discovered The Club at Big Bear Village and would love to take annual 3-4 night trips there.

I've tried to inquire about a couple of other "free" point offers on here to no avail.

This add confuses the heck out of me! Lol! I suppose the other ones do as well. I can't seem to understand how many points annually are in the offer.

How many points annually is this? I get that there are 6000 points in the account. But how many points are received each year?

The Club is hella expensive so I believe I need at least 9000-10000 points annually for a 3 night weekday stay in the low season!

Also if anyone on here can point me in the right direction as far as information on how Bluegreen works I'd greatly appreciate it. I can't seem to find articles on it. Can resales trade within the system?

I need to know if I even have a chance of trading into this resort. I do understand that just because you have the points doesn't mean you'll get to stay where you want!!

geekette

Reaction score
Jodi, checked on Big Bear - I only see Presidential units - these are enormous units, so will of course be big points. That said, I see a lot of availability up through April (didn't look past that).

Really, if you gotta have Big Bear, do it via Bonus Time. I'm not sure you will find resale at this resort yet but potentially a tiny dev contract that gets you BT everywhere will be the most economical. You might alternatively gobble up enough resale contracts to afford the 27k needed for one week in low season but ongoing maintenance on that might be more than you wanna pay every year. That's assuming you could get very cheap resale and not have to pay multiple transfer fees to collect the points needed.

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd just like 3-5 nights so 11000-15000 points will so. And we're big travelers so defininately like to try the other resorts as well. Especially Cape Cod! But any year we get Big Bear, that's were we'd go!!

That resort is $600-$800 a night renting!

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you own 1 or 2 nites at soundings ,it will be fairly hard to give this away unless someone just wants bonus time there. Studio no view is 10,000 points high red season. If I can be of any help just post here.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I think you own 1 or 2 nites at soundings ,it will be fairly hard to give this away unless someone just wants bonus time there. Studio no view is 10,000 points high red season. If I can be of any help just post here.

That is what makes it valuable. A resale owner can only book bonus time where they are deeded so you would be able to get bonus time here.
And if you are already a Bluegreen owner, adding 6K points EOY just adds $155ish to your yearly maintenance fee.

Or if you are looking for a small contract to add another name to your BG account. I purchased a 4K contract on Ebay for $51 to add my daughters name to our account.

werdmann

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the responses. Does anyone recommend I go to the BG Yahoo groups to offer this?

I realize this property is more lucrative for 1) those who are interested in getting into bluegreen at entry level mostly for the benefits I mentioned in my initial post or 2) to secure bonus time at this nice private beach included resort.

At this point, I'd like to only own one timeshare (instead of two), hence my trying to give this one a new home.

There was a question about if the maintenance was per week or total so I thought I'd include the breakdown that bluegreen gave me.

Week | Type | Payment
14 | Base | $340.00
14 | Club Dues | $129.00
14 | Maintenance Fee | $52.60
15 | Maintenance Fee | $52.60
16 | Maintenance Fee | $52.60

The units range from 200 sq ft.(Studio) to 820 sq ft. (2 Bedroom Presidential Elite). The website has a map to see where they are.

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread. Hope there is still some interest.

Not sure why you haven't responded to my inquiries. I'll try again. How many points per year are you giving away? What is the sales type and trust fund?

Maybe this doesn't have points?

Last edited:

werdmann

Reaction score
Hi Jodie,

I had updated the first post with this information. Sorry if that was unclear. I'll list it here as well.

6000 points every other year (If you need more, these can be bought relatively cheaply on ebay and other sources)

Thanks much,
werdmann

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Jodie,

I had updated the first post with this information. Sorry if that was unclear. I'll list it here as well.

6000 points every other year (If you need more, these can be bought relatively cheaply on ebay and other sources)

Thanks much,
werdmann

Are the maintence fees paid every other year? And how much are they? I can't tell how much the fees are for this from the earlier post.

Thank you!!

Last edited:

werdmann

Reaction score
Maintenance Fee is $626.80 each year and you get 6,000 points every other year.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have sent a PM

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone for the responses. Does anyone recommend I go to the BG Yahoo groups to offer this?

I realize this property is more lucrative for 1) those who are interested in getting into bluegreen at entry level mostly for the benefits I mentioned in my initial post or 2) to secure bonus time at this nice private beach included resort.

At this point, I'd like to only own one timeshare (instead of two), hence my trying to give this one a new home.

There was a question about if the maintenance was per week or total so I thought I'd include the breakdown that bluegreen gave me.

Week | Type | Payment
14 | Base | $340.00
14 | Club Dues | $129.00
14 | Maintenance Fee | $52.60
15 | Maintenance Fee | $52.60
16 | Maintenance Fee | $52.60

The units range from 200 sq ft.(Studio) to 820 sq ft. (2 Bedroom Presidential Elite). The website has a map to see where they are.

Are the maintence fees paid every other year? And how much are they? I can't tell how much the fees are for this from the earlier post.

Thank you!!

So interesting! The annual points pay the same maintenance fees as the biennials! Ok thank you for your time. I'll find an annual contract. Good luck!

If this was for an every year 6,000 point contract it would cost
Base fee $340
Club dues $129
Maint fee $105.20
Maint fee $105.20
Maint fee $105.20
Total 784.60

If you added another 10,000 points it would be $52ish x10 $520 + 784 - $1304

Bluegreen is a system where the more points you own, the cheaper the per point cost is.

6,000 EOY is $620ish
6,000 EY is $784
16,000 EY is $1304

This is why it can be difficult to give away these small contracts. They are best suited as an add on for someone who wants bonus time at a particular resort.
As a stand alone ownership, it is practically worthless as you really can't book much with only 3000 points per year :bawl: but it is a good place to start if you want to get several small ownerships to maximize bonus time.