• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE SDO small 1BR annual

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Small 1BR Sheraton Desert Oasis, annual usage, floats 1-52 and has Starwood trade preference in II. 2013 MF were $615.41.

I'll split the cost of transfer and you can opt to have first usage in 2013 by repaying my MF or 2014.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
What are the approximate closing costs? Please confirm that this is a mandatory resort.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
What are the approximate closing costs? Please confirm that this is a mandatory resort.

SDO is not mandatory. It will trade very well in II, and should be great to stay at once the refurb is done.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
These are the mandatory Starwood Resorts:

* Harborside at Atlantis
* Vistana Villages (Bella and Key West phases only)
* Westin St. John (Virgin Grand - Hillside only)
* Westin Ka'anapali & Westin Ka'anapali-North
* Westin Kierland Villas

SDO is known for being a cost-effective II trader.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Thanks Scott and Denise, I thought I had found a mandatory resort...

hellolani

TUG Member
Reaction score
2014 week

I don't have a week reserved for 2014 because the 2014 fees are not paid. I have paid 2013 week and it is not used or deposited for trade yet.

Actually, regarding the question of transferring, I have not done this before and would love the recommendation to any service trusted by TUG.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You don't have to pay the 2014 fee to make a reservation - you only have to pay it to deposit it.

Many people have used Tugger TTT (Alan) at Time Travel Traders for this service in the past, but he is retired and has sold his business to Lisa Short at Legal Timeshare Transfers for this service. Lisa has been receiving good reviews on TUG.

http://www.lttransfers.com/

email - readylegal@gmail.com
Phone - 706.219.2709
Fax No. 706-219-0092

Last edited:

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used Legal Timeshare Transfers and they provided very good service and the fees are very reasonable. They do not escrow but since almost no money is changing hands..not a biggie.

mommaO3

Reaction score
I used Legal Timeshare Transfers and they provided very good service and the fees are very reasonable. They do not escrow but since almost no money is changing hands..not a biggie.

LTT provides escrow service now! I paid $50 for it a few months ago.

dundey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
I used Legal Timeshare Transfers recently. They were cost effective and great to work with. I would highly recommend them.

What is the advantage of a "mandatory" resort?

hellolani

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still up for grabs

I booked March 1, 2014, but may be able to change this date if you prefer.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would this trade into 1 bedroom units only or can you get two bedroom villas with the Starwood preference period in II?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would this trade into 1 bedroom units only or can you get two bedroom villas with the Starwood preference period in II?

You can't put in an ongoing request with a 1 bdm., for a 2 bdm., but you can sometimes do an instant online exchange.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't put in an ongoing request with a 1 bdm., for a 2 bdm., but you can sometimes do an instant online exchange.

Every time I think I have a handle on Starwood I still get mixed up. The reason why this week would be good is because it will Trade well with Interval international?

In the priority period Will I see other resorts or just Starwood resorts?

One more time please, what is the difference if this is SVO mandatory or not?

I need a strong II trader with low maintenance fees, would this be the one?

Is this the same kind of unit?
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191503

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Every time I think I have a handle on Starwood I still get mixed up. The reason why this week would be good is because it will Trade well with Interval international?

Yes - The main reason to buy a Starwood trader, is to trade for other Starwood properties.

In the priority period Will I see other resorts or just Starwood resorts?

All Starwood resorts have FIRST PRIORITY for other Starwood deposits, so it would be a strong Starwood trader, and an average trader for other timeshares.

One more time please, what is the difference if this is SVO mandatory or not?

A mandatory resort has Staroptions, that can be used for internal trades within the Starwood system. Those sell for much more.

I need a strong II trader with low maintenance fees, would this be the one?

It would be a very good trader for Starwood resorts - average for other resorts.

Is this the same kind of unit?
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191503

Yes - it is the small one bedroom (Deluxe.) The large one bedroom is called the "Premium" side.

Last edited:

coachb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the amount of TPUs it would generate with an RCI trade?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood owners have reported that it gets a maximum of 25 TPU. Starwood does not permit you to choose a week and deposit it - the TPU is predetermined. However, you don't get the Starwood to Starwood prioity in RCI, like you do in II.

Last edited: