• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE - Monarch Grand Vacations

hheckman27

Reaction score
Looking to get rid of my timeshare. It is now under Diamond Resorts, but we have not bought into Diamond. You can still use your points at any of the original Monarch resorts, Palm Canyon Resort in Palm Springs, CA; Desert Isle of Palm Springs; Riviera Beach and Spa Resort in San Juan Capistrano, CA; Riviera Shores Resort in San Juan Capistrano, CA; Riviera Oaks Resort and Racquet Club in Ramona, CA; Tahoe Seasons Resort, South Lake Tahoe, CA; Cancun Resort Las Vegas, NV; Cedar Breaks Lodge & Spa, Brian Head, UT; and Cabo Azul Resort in Mexico.

There's 7980 points every other year. Dues are $163.26 per quarter. No outstanding loans. Just looking to get rid of this time share that we don't use any longer. We do not want any money for this time share at all. Just would like the person taking it to pay the closing costs and enjoy!

Please contact me with any questions.

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
7980 MGV points? DRI points?
What does that number of points get at Cabo Azul?

hheckman27

Reaction score
7980 will get you 1 week in a 1 bedroom (sleep 4) at Cabo Azul. We typically break up our 7980 into 2 stays, depending on days of the week, potentially could get 2 4 night stays. Playing with the reservation system just now, I managed to find 6 nights in a 2 bedroom (sleep 6) for the point value, at Cabo Azul, just choosing random dates in April.

I believe it's 7980 DRI points, but as is can only be used at the listed resorts (MGV).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
hheckman - did you read the long thread on the Diamond subforum - Diamond has been taking back timeshares for a $250 fee and some have reported success in turning back MGV points.

Ndjsg

Reaction score
HH, are your points still available?