• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free - Deeded Floating week at Elysian Beach Resort St.Thomas, USVI

Normtp1

Reaction score
I'm wanted to get rid of my 1 floating week (week 18-51). I am getting ready to pay the maintenace fees for 2012, so that will be totally up to date...MF's are $836. My wife and I had twin girls, and with daycare and everything involved we can't continue to pay the fees. I'm willing to work something out with transfer fees and all of that (never done this so I don't know everything involved. My RCI membership is up in April, but willing to pay for one year's membership in RCI for the purchaser. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are interested.

Thanks,
Derek

Normtp1

Reaction score
Also, I forgot to mention...not sure if currently banked weeks in RCI are able to be transferred when the ownership is transferred or not. If so, there are still 5 left over weeks trading points from two years ago, and last year's week as well...the 5 trading points that are left over from two years ago expire on 6/30/12...I'm guessing that last year's week would then expire the following year. Again, not sure if we could get RCI to transfer those or not (I would figure that they would), but just wanted to let everyone know that those are part of the deal as well (again if RCI allows for them to be transferred).

lvnv2991

Reaction score
First time on this site. If this is still availlable, any idea of what the total costs will be and can the what issues there are in transferring the deed? Thanks.

Normtp1

Reaction score
I'm not sure about either...I believe that we would have to go through a closing company which I have seen can be anywhere from $100-300...we are willing to pay that...I'm thinking that Wyndham Vacations will require another fee for the transfer (we will also pay this). I will call their title and ownership division to figure out what that fee is (but like I said, we will pay the fee).

lvnv2991

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Forgive me. I'm from New York-a born skeptic...whats not to like about this deal? Why wouldn't you give this to your best friend? No ongoing costs beside closing and annual MT of 850? I am interested. Just trying to understand what I am looking at. Thanks for your understanding.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Thanks for the reply. Forgive me. I'm from New York-a born skeptic...whats not to like about this deal? Why wouldn't you give this to your best friend? No ongoing costs beside closing and annual MT of 850? I am interested. Just trying to understand what I am looking at. Thanks for your understanding.

Many people have used their timeshares and have enjoyed them for many years, but now their circumstances have changed and they just want to get out of the maintenance fees.
While I do not know the original poster, I have given away and also received for free several timeshares from people in similar situations.
Fellow New Yorker, Jacki

Normtp1

Reaction score
Many people have used their timeshares and have enjoyed them for many years, but now their circumstances have changed and they just want to get out of the maintenance fees.
While I do not know the original poster, I have given away and also received for free several timeshares from people in similar situations.
Fellow New Yorker, Jacki

Thanks for that Jacki...that is pretty much us...we have twin girls in daycare ($1400+ per month) and not a lot of extra money to go on yearly vacations (that is why we would like to get out of the maintenance fees). We have enjoyed our timeshare, both going back to the resort in St.Thomas, or transferring out to Mexico, Florida, etc, but again, we just don't have the same use for it that we once did (as can be seen by fact that we already hae last year's week banked, as well as aren't planning on using this year's week).

Normtp1

Reaction score
Ok, I just spoke with RCI, and they said that whoever takes my timeshare will also get my currently banked weeks. So the offer is this:

Regarding Elysians Beach Resort in St Thomas USVI
You get free-
This years week (hasn't been banked in RCI yet, so you can either go to the home resort or bank it in RCI)

Last year's week (currently banked in RCI)

5 Deposit credits (in RCI, you can either use them to go to a lower lever resort, or combine them with last year's week)

I have paid this year's maintenance fees ($836)

I will pay for the title transfer

I will pay for the transfer in RCI

I will pay for one years membership to RCI (my currently membership expires in April, so that will take you to April 2013)

Your only obligation is assuming yearly maintenance fees and continuing RCI membership.

Please let me know if you have any questions or you are interested.

Thanks

Derek

DiverDown

TUG Member
Reaction score
IS this still available?

Derek, Please advise if this ever transpired or if your offer still stands:)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Derek, Please advise if this ever transpired or if your offer still stands:)
The last time he logged onto TUG was March 25, so it would be better to click on his blue user name and send a private message or email.