• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Four Seasons Punta Mita Purchase

RCorsa

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum. My wife and I are considering a purchase of a 3 bedroom villa at the Punta Mita Four Seasons. This is a true 1/12 fractional which includes 21 days and a 7 day option for an extra $200/night.

As those of you involved there are now 7 properties (just added Florence Italy) but most of the info I can find on the forum are based out of Aviara which I understand was the FS first property and is truly more of a time share model (some folks paid extra to get set weeks every year which is not an option in Punta Mita)

My main question is the usability of the exchange and if this is really usable. The salesman makes it sound easy of course. Seams like most of the Aviara people would say otherwise, but I'm yet to find a Punta Mita owner here?

Any help is much appreciated.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Hello, new to the forum. My wife and I are considering a purchase of a 3 bedroom villa at the Punta Mita Four Seasons. This is a true 1/12 fractional which includes 21 days and a 7 day option for an extra $200/night.

As those of you involved there are now 7 properties (just added Florence Italy) but most of the info I can find on the forum are based out of Aviara which I understand was the FS first property and is truly more of a time share model (some folks paid extra to get set weeks every year which is not an option in Punta Mita)

My main question is the usability of the exchange and if this is really usable. The salesman makes it sound easy of course. Seams like most of the Aviara people would say otherwise, but I'm yet to find a Punta Mita owner here?

Only buy with the intent of using your home week 95% of the time.

Also take a look at resale
http://www.triwest-timeshare.com/resort/info/MXNAPUFO
http://www.myresortnetwork.com/Timeshares-for-sale/Nayarit/Mexico/FourSeasons-Resort-Punta-Mita/

Honestly I won't recommend buying FSRC for the purpose of exchanging into the other FSRC resorts. In most cases, there may be limited to no availability during peak seasons at each resort and you won't get to select your desired travel dates. Look at renting instead.

Good Luck

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score

Just don't do it. Unless you are buying fixed week 52 etc. as part of these weeks and you will be using that week 95% of the time.

These things sound fantastic to somebody who is considering building a full vacation home (so this fractional alternative sounds good), but it is horrible investment. You will not be able to give this away for a $1 after few years.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I love Mexico and have stayed at beautiful resorts there. The reality is that many people are afraid of Mexico due to bad press. (I often wonder if we were quoting crime statistics in any US city, if their timeshares would rent also) I agree with sjuhawk that unless it is a fixed holiday week, you probably will have a hard time renting it for maintenance fees or selling it. Check out Redweek and VRBO to see what they are renting for compared to maintenance fees. If it is less, then keep your purchase price and rent from those owners.

dherring

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Disney's Grand Floridian, HGVC Anderson Ocean Club, Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas

I work with resale fractional ownerships. FSRC Punta Mita and Jackson Hole have held the highest resale value I've seen to date.
Pricing is roughly 200k for a 2 bed, 300k for a 3 bed and 375k for a 4 bed.
It is one of the few ownerships that allow all benefits to transfer via resale.
The rotating reservation priority is tge best/most fair reservation system in all of Timeshare. Reciprocity doesn't transfer on resale if buying anywhere in Four Seasons network that isn't Costa Rica, Jackson Hole and Punta Mita.
Did you ever end up buying?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I work with resale fractional ownerships. FSRC Punta Mita and Jackson Hole have held the highest resale value I've seen to date.
Pricing is roughly 200k for a 2 bed, 300k for a 3 bed and 375k for a 4 bed.
It is one of the few ownerships that allow all benefits to transfer via resale.
The rotating reservation priority is [the] best/most fair reservation system in all of Timeshare. Reciprocity doesn't transfer on resale if buying anywhere in Four Seasons network that isn't Costa Rica, Jackson Hole and Punta Mita.
Did you ever end up buying?

FYI, OP was last on TUG on Sep 5, 2016 and probably won't respond.

RCorsa

Reaction score
I did end up buying into FSRC 2016. We absolutely live the porosity and tend to make it there at least 3 weeks a year. We’ve also been to Costa Rica, Jackson Hole and Aviara in San Diego and are heading to Vail this summer. It’s very easy to move thing around and go for a few days (long weekends for golf trips) or 1-2 weeks in a clump. I’ve even been able to upgrade to 4 BR for big groups no problem. I’m not sure what these are selling for now.