• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Four Seasons Aviara Maintenance Fees

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
FSA had a 13.5% increase in maintenance fees. This well exceeds the rate of inflation. I need to read what they will be doing with this huge increase. I recall they will be refurbishing the units this upcoming year.

2022: $2642
2023: $2998

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
FSA had a 13.5% increase in maintenance fees. This well exceeds the rate of inflation. I need to read what they will be doing with this huge increase. I recall they will be refurbishing the units this upcoming year.

Realize that many resorts had $0 or near $0 increases for the last two years. I don't know if FSA falls into that situation. If so, then the increase is really a combination of three years of inflation. $0 increases over the last couple years were a result of resorts being closed or services reduced and not because of no inflation in those years.

Last edited:

Londonguyva

TUG Member
Reaction score

Your 2023 bill is higher than mine and we have a 2 bed/2 bath in Gold Season and it is 2820. That would be a 7% increase approximately.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Your 2023 bill is higher than mine and we have a 2 bed/2 bath in Gold Season and it is 2820. That would be a 7% increase approximately.

That is strange. I own 2 EOY gold weeks. Each one is $1499 or $2998 if they were one interval. Wouldn’t that be identical to your assessment for 1 annual week?

In any case, I was doing an apples to apples comparison with my invoices for my 2 EOY weeks for the 2022 and 2023 assessments.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
I don't have the exact number but we paid our 2023 MF early (for some reason I don't remember ) and we just got a $170 additional charge. This was for 2 bdrm/2bath gold week. Will find the original MF and post it.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
MF for 2 bed was $2820 for 2023.
They also now have a $40/night fee for non-owner guests. I thought the nightly fee was for exchangers only, but it also applies to any guests using an Owner week when not accompanied by the owner.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They also now have a $40/night fee for non-owner guests. I thought the nightly fee was for exchangers only, but it also applies to any guests using an Owner week when not accompanied by the owner.
Does the $40 fee go to help offset the owner maintenance fee or does that go straight into Four Seasons pocket>?

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
I’m not sure. How do you find that out?
Does the $40 fee go to help offset the owner maintenance fee or does that go straight into Four Seasons pocket>?

Apparently the BoD approved the change, but there was no proactive communication. As an owner I only found out when I filled out the guest authorization form. The guest services folks pointed me to the BoD meeting minutes, but all it specified was the wording change in the rules & reg language (no mention of the $ amount).

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I’m not sure. How do you find that out?

Apparently the BoD approved the change, but there was no proactive communication. As an owner I only found out when I filled out the guest authorization form. The guest services folks pointed me to the BoD meeting minutes, but all it specified was the wording change in the rules & reg language (no mention of the $ amount).

Send a question to your BoD. Why should they collect a fee from your guest and where is the money going?

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Send a question to your BoD. Why should they collect a fee from your guest and where is the money going?
Owners see the yearly budget. There is full transparency. The Four Seasons get a management fee to operate the resort -- and the bottom line costs ( like rising hydro or gas rates ) are covered by the owners. So for one --I love to see resort fee's for 'other users'. Calif is an expensive place to operate. Want something cheaper - try cheaper states. For me this place is heaven and the cost is worth it ( ps - I pay in Cdn dollars - still that is justified by how much we like this area in Jan-March while we escape winter. )

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Doe $2820 include property tax or is that billed separately by the county?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Owners see the yearly budget. There is full transparency. The Four Seasons get a management fee to operate the resort -- and the bottom line costs ( like rising hydro or gas rates ) are covered by the owners. So for one --I love to see resort fee's for 'other users'.
The FSRC owner in post #9 was unaware until they were completing the FSRC guest authorization form.

It would be helpful if you could share the FSRC owner communication regarding the change for guests of owners along with the budget line indicating where the fee goes.

phillyflyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aviara
Interested to see if any increase at the annual meeting this year after the large increase last year.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We just got ours for a 2 bdrm lock off gold week: $3007. This is the largest increase I can remember, and I have not been through the budget and paperwork that they also sent.

phillyflyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aviara
We just got ours for a 2 bdrm lock off gold week: $3007. This is the largest increase I can remember, and I have not been through the budget and paperwork that they also sent.
$1597 per each Gold Unit EOY I own. Looks like they have added on additional fees for EOY. I am waiting for minutes to be published.

$1,410 last year and now $1,597 ~ 13% increase

phillyflyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aviara
Looks like my invoice includes the full $187 increase, should be $93.50 and come out to $1503.5. More palatable.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA