• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Former Wyndham employee whistleblower's statement:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Another great idea, let's scare the bajeebies out of everyone, so they give back their contracts via the Certified Exit program. What is happening to those points, while Wyndham is working to resell them at full price? Are they working for good of the revenue stream (via their rentals and 3rd party resellers)? Surely these strategies are talked about in board rooms?

I think big picture that aggregate demand for timesharing is falling over time, especially when compared to it's heyday back in the 80's and 90's. For this reason, existing timeshare companies need to innovate to replace revenue streams. I suspect they are taking an "all of the above" type approach when it comes to revenue streams. Different sales methods, rentals, integration with third party rental sites, exit programs to resell inventory to net new buyers, you name it - it's all on the table I would imagine. If we look at what is happening in the vacation markets, we've seen the emergence and proliferation of vacation planning methods move toward Airbnb, Vacasa, Expedia, Travelocity, etc. A bunch of online vacation booking and planning tools that allow consumers to manage their own vacations without middle men being involved in other words. Travel agents are no longer necessary. Sure some people still use travel agents - but increasingly this is no longer the case with more apps coming out every day and the younger generations technology adept and able to utilize the internet/apps to plan their own vacations. Companies like Wyndham need to adapt or risk losing their existing revenue streams - they all see the writing on the wall so to speak and are piloting new programs trying to bring new revenue streams into existence. This is what their shareholders require of them as well - since most of the larger timeshare entities are publicly held companies. I fully expect to see more innovation and more change, not less. Anyone who expects anything else, in my view, doesn't see the writing on the wall.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I think big picture that aggregate demand for timesharing is falling over time, especially when compared to it's heyday back in the 80's and 90's. For this reason, existing timeshare companies need to innovate to replace revenue streams. I suspect they are taking an "all of the above" type approach when it comes to revenue streams. Different sales methods, rentals, integration with third party rental sites, exit programs to resell inventory to net new buyers, you name it - it's all on the table I would imagine. If we look at what is happening in the vacation markets, we've seen the emergence and proliferation of vacation planning methods move toward Airbnb, Vacasa, Expedia, Travelocity, etc. A bunch of online vacation booking and planning tools that allow consumers to manage their own vacations without middle men being involved in other words. Travel agents are no longer necessary. Sure some people still use travel agents - but increasingly this is no longer the case with more apps coming out every day and the younger generations technology adept and able to utilize the internet/apps to plan their own vacations. Companies like Wyndham need to adapt or risk losing their existing revenue streams - they all see the writing on the wall so to speak and are piloting new programs trying to bring new revenue streams into existence. This is what their shareholders require of them as well - since most of the larger timeshare entities are publicly held companies. I fully expect to see more innovation and more change, not less. Anyone who expects anything else, in my view, doesn't see the writing on the wall.
I agree. It amazes me that anyone (with a computer) would purchase full boat timeshares (meaning something like developer points from Wyndham). Really, just can't imagine onsite sales these days, but they are still alive and kicking. But for how much longer. I also thought we'd hear more about Wyndham offering a vacation club. I really expected to see inventory landing somewhere like that. And maybe it is, and I'm not smart enough to find it (then again I'm not looking).

I've supported coin telephones, directory assistance, and yellow pages. I started a COBOL programmer and ended doing automated testing and programming in languages like C. I've transitioned too many applications to offshore support - India (lost count), Muldovia, Argentina, and Mexico, oops Canada and Israel, too. I know how to adapt. Today I'm changing (grandbaby) diapers. I know when the quit.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Remember Linda, vacationhopeful was her TUG name. I tried to @ her name and it didn't work. She owns (owned if she is deceased) specific unit and weeks in Ft Lauderdale, oceanfront views, and when she arrived to check-in, they told her the unit was occupied. Wyndham assigned her a different unit. She tried to get to the bottom of it, but she got nowhere with Wyndham.

She was who I thought of as I read this letter.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Remember Linda, vacationhopeful was her TUG name. I tried to @ her name and it didn't work. She owns (owned if she is deceased) specific unit and weeks in Ft Lauderdale, oceanfront views, and when she arrived to check-in, they told her the unit was occupied. Wyndham assigned her a different unit. She tried to get to the bottom of it, but she got nowhere with Wyndham.

She was who I thought of as I read this letter.
Me, too, I miss Linda. I met her in NYC once, just happened to be there at the same time. That was several years ago. Yes, I remember her stories (nightmares) about her fixed week units in Pompano. You can still find her if you search for her (I just PM'ed her to see how she's doing). I don't know why the @vacationhopeful isn't working.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Me, too, I miss Linda. I met her in NYC once, just happened to be there at the same time. That was several years ago. Yes, I remember her stories (nightmares) about her fixed week units in Pompano. You can still find her if you search for her (I just PM'ed her to see how she's doing). I don't know why the @vacationhopeful isn't working.

Her "Last Seen" for her profile was 9/21/2021 - over a year ago now. Perhaps she just doesn't visit TUG any longer. Hope she is OK.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I always wanted to meet her. I have met so many TUG members. It's been fun for me. We are back in Orlando in January and would love to attend the TUG get together. I am pretty sure it's smack dab in the middle of our trip.

I am so frustrated personally with my attempts to log into Wyndham. It hasn't worked for a long time, and my recent call to Wyndham was creepy because the guy just hung up on Rick and me, as we were trying to explain our frustration with the new process.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I always wanted to meet her. I have met so many TUG members. It's been fun for me. We are back in Orlando in January and would love to attend the TUG get together. I am pretty sure it's smack dab in the middle of our trip.

I am so frustrated personally with my attempts to log into Wyndham. It hasn't worked for a long time, and my recent call to Wyndham was creepy because the guy just hung up on Rick and me, as we were trying to explain our frustration with the new process.
I never met a TUGGER I didn't like :) It has been fun. I don't think January will work for me, darn, I'll have to put that on my bucket list.

Sorry you are having so much trouble with your account. Today Chrome decided to hang for me, but I was able to login and book using Firefox. I realize that is likely not your issue. Just so frustrating!!!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
So this guy only whistle blows after he got terminated. I see this as a fired employee trying to stir up trouble for former employer.
Anything wrong with that? Easier that way than when collecting a paycheck.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anything wrong with that? Easier that way than when collecting a paycheck.
If he really believed his employer was doing wrong, he should have whistleblown when he was working in the company, for many years in a high level position. I see this as a disgruntled former employee.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
If he really believed his employer was doing wrong, he should have whistleblown when he was working in the company, for many years in a high level position. I see this as a disgruntled former employee.
According to the declaration in the OP, that’s basically what happened:
I believe my position was eliminated because I brought an integrity concern to the CEO, Mike Brown, regarding the Executive Vice President of Human Resources Kim Marshall and General Counsel, Jim Savina. My concerns were validated by other colleagues prior to my addressing it with CEO Mike Brown.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the declaration in the OP, that’s basically what happened:
I don't see how an integrity concern about the EVP of Human Resources and General Counsel is the same as whistleblowing about timeshare inventory management practices. The EVP of Human Resources certainly wouldn't be the one making those decisions. And while they might provide legal opinions on those practices, the General Counsel isn't the one making those decisions either. Doesn't add up to me. Not that I have a horse in this race, I don't own any form of Wyndham timeshare. I'm just sitting here with my popcorn waiting to see what the resulting fireworks will look like.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am aware of that statement. But he had known about the so-called issues all along.
Collecting a nice wage may have kept him from coming forwarded. No one was being killed or physically hurt directly by Wyndham actions and his inactions.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the Kirchners serial suers? Here is a link to their March, 2021 lawsuit that was outright dismissed by the judge

"Civil Action No. 20-436-CFC

03-30-2021

III. CONCLUSION
For the reasons stated above, I will deny Wyndham's motion to strike and grant its motion to dismiss."

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good detective work. When I read the first post, I went "yawn". I expect this to be dismissed by the judge again.
We have to wonder who is paying the bills for these lawsuits? The only thing worse than getting taken to the cleaners by a timeshare salesperson is getting re-washed by attorneys who convince their clients that they can win a class action lawsuit against Wyndham.

Are the Kircherners being represented again by the attorneys who knew so little about what they were doing in the March, 2021 lawsuit, or did the Kirchners move on to other attorneys who know little about timeshares and what they are doing suing Wyndham?

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Agree. It's the transparency, or lack therefore, I take issue with. I still contend Wyndham uses the megarenters to divert the blame. They've done a masterful job of directing the blame at megarenters, meanwhile 'back at the ranch'...

Another great idea, let's scare the bajeebies out of everyone, so they give back their contracts via the Certified Exit program. What is happening to those points, while Wyndham is working to resell them at full price? Are they working for good of the revenue stream (via their rentals and 3rd party resellers)? Surely these strategies are talked about in board rooms?
Definitely transparency is key. My other chain they brought it up at the AGM and we all said ok.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
This seems to be a common fallacy. Increased occupancy from rentals, Wyndham's or owners rentals, doesn't reduce maintenance fees or help cover the resort expenses. It increases the utility expenses, staffing expenses and other expenses such as laundry which costs more than most of us would guess, etc. The higher occupancy necessitates the units being updated and deep cleaned more frequently which increases maintenance fees.

I'll use Bonnet Creek as an example because it's something many of us have encountered there. When a tower at Bonnet Creek is down for several months for updates and refurbishment which happens more frequently due to the high occupancy, there's that many less units available to the owners. Owners have had their reservations cancelled or downgraded when the work took longer than expected.

Some owners have been told by resorts staff that they've been instructed that Wyndham's rentals get preference over owners when it comes to unit assignment. As in the units with the best views or the nicest units. :mad:
Disagree. The additional revenue is more than the additional cost. Costs are the same whether it's an owner or renter staying the week. You're talking about quantity whereas i'm talking about mix, ie going from 60-40 owners to 40-60 owners, regardless of quantity of unbooked weeks.

Last edited:

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This seems to be a common fallacy. Increased occupancy from rentals, Wyndham's or owners rentals, doesn't reduce maintenance fees or help cover the resort expenses. It increases the utility expenses, staffing expenses and other expenses such as laundry which costs more than most of us would guess, etc. The higher occupancy necessitates the units being updated and deep cleaned more frequently which increases maintenance fees.

I'll use Bonnet Creek as an example because it's something many of us have encountered there. When a tower at Bonnet Creek is down for several months for updates and refurbishment which happens more frequently due to the high occupancy, there's that many less units available to the owners. Owners have had their reservations cancelled or downgraded when the work took longer than expected.

Some owners have been told by resorts staff that they've been instructed that Wyndham's rentals get preference over owners when it comes to unit assignment. As in the units with the best views or the nicest units. :mad:
Definitely they allocate good views for rental, why wouldn't they? More revenue into the timeshare.

Transparency is a key for sure. But if you have it, then i don't see the issue. Smart owners, like those on tug, will know how to book while the uneducated masses will curse lack of availability.

I actually had a different chain transfer back a week for me from their rental side when no owner availability showed, so i could book it with owner points. It was a special booking scenario and i knew the right people to ask.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely they allocate good views for rental, why wouldn't they? More revenue into the timeshare.
This seems like complete speculation on your part, or can you provide any concrete evidence? Exchangers get lesser views than owners. I would think renters would be a step below exchangers.

It seems to be hit or miss even with owners:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a strange lawsuit. How many hours did these lawyers charged these individuals in this class action lawsuit?

Lawyers are not cheap and someone must pay theses lawyers for their time before court and after court.

Lawyers do not work for free; unless there are hidden agendas.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a strange lawsuit. How many hours did these lawyers charged these individuals in this class action lawsuit?

Lawyers are not cheap and someone must pay theses lawyers for their time before court and after court.

Lawyers do not work for free; unless there are hidden agendas.
Most of these type of lawyers don't get paid unless they win. Hence, usually only the scum bag lawyers would take up frivolous lawsuits, hoping to strike lottery.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of these type of lawyers don't get paid unless they win. Hence, usually only the scum bag lawyers would take up frivolous lawsuits, hoping to strike lottery.
Do you feel Wyndham may have settle with this law firm to dismiss this law case?????. Big money still talk.