• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Panhandle Timeshare Question

GoGoNow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question....if not, please let me know where it should go.

I am interested in a timeshare in the Florida Panhandle area and wonder if anyone has tips, comments, experience, caveats, suggestions, recommendations or any other useful info to help guide my choice.

Thanks so much....

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Do you have a particular timeshare in mind?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question....if not, please let me know where it should go.

I am interested in a timeshare in the Florida Panhandle area and wonder if anyone has tips, comments, experience, caveats, suggestions, recommendations or any other useful info to help guide my choice.

Thanks so much....

[CORRECTED]

Have you had a chance to check out the TUG Resorts and Reviews for the Florida Panhandle?

Florida Panhandle: http://www.tug2.com/BrowseResorts.aspx?FL-Gulf Coast/Orlando | Panhandle Area&area=4&group=13

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Have you had a chance to check out the TUG Resorts and Reviews for Texas?

Texas Resorts: http://www.tug2.com/BrowseResorts.aspx?USA - Central | Texas&area=5&group=53

Did you mean Texas? big difference in flavor, but they do have many similarities.

If you're looking for the 'western' Florida panhandle (think Pensacola/Perdido Key) check the Alabama timeshares too.....they have a few nice ones at Orange Beach just over the Fl/AL line.

And then you've got Destin....

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Oh my goodness - I saw "pan handle" and blanked on Florida. :doh:

I corrected my post.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Oh my goodness - I saw "pan handle" and blanked on Florida. :doh:

I corrected my post.

If we dropped you on a Florida beach or Texas beach but didn't tell you which....you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in some areas... IMHO.

Also, I think the Alabama barrier islands should be in the Florida panhandle group. Maybe Florida will annex the island. ;)

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
\
I am interested in a timeshare in the Florida Panhandle area

Do you mean you're interested in buying one, renting one, or exchanging into one? That may help in getting more specific responses. But I agree - first step is to read the reviews here.

GoGoNow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi and thank you to all who posted....I was at my timeshare in Mexico and took a side trip that put me out of contact for a while.

I want to buy a week in the area of the Florida panhandle but renting first makes sense. I asked my original question in the hope of narrowing my choice based on good or bad experiences people have had ...so thanks for the tips.

I guess I was also hoping for some specific timeshare resort names. I own at the Royal Islander in Cancun and have no hesitation in recommending it to someone who is interested in Cancun.

I will spend more time getting to know how to navigate the wealth of information channels on TUGS so the links suggested are great. Thanks again.

Last edited:

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
Wyndham Panama City Beach just started a major renovation. New rooms are awesome. Right on the beach. Avoid spring break. Points required are on the high end of the Wyndham group of resorts.