• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Club Question(s)

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I have a 2BR and a 3BR at MGV, both weeks are enrolled, and both are in the Florida Club. I have never paid any attention to the Florida Club before because I never had any use for it and always resented the fees associated with belonging.

However, next year due to circumstances I may be wanting to vacation in the vicinity of Boca Raton. My understanding of the FC is that I can book one of the other resorts in the FC, but it can only be 6 mos. out. Is that correct? That makes me nervous that I might end up with nothing.

The two options I'm looking at are Ocean Pointe (if I need 3 BRs) or BeachPlace Towers. I don't know anything about these resorts, but I assume they are both lockoffs, correct? So if I need 3 BRs, could I lockoff my 3BR and using that, would I be able to book a 2BR and a lockoff at either place?

If I need to book a fairly high demand week, either February vacation week or March vacation week, how likely am I to get a week at either of these places at 6 mos out? And lastly, would I have a better chance if I try to get a trade with II?

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
To my surprise I saw a 2 bedroom March 10-18, 2018 Beach Place Towers week on Interval in early September. Traded with one bedroom Grand Chateau unit. That is a high demand spring break week. Was shocked it sat on II. Then used VC points to get an additional studio. Had to check several times to get all the nights I needed. We got a "warning letter" from Beach Place towers about the week being a spring break week and lots of noise and crowds expected. OK with us since we are going with another couple and our college age kids. We will be so out of place there but hey, will be fun regardless. So keep checking II also. Based on my experience ongoing search might just work out. Split your 3 bedroom unit into a studio and 2 bedroom and do ongoing search with them.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I couldn't find anything about the Florida Club on Marriott's Vacation Club website, but I did find this page which spells out the benefits:
http://www.sellmytimesharenow.com/blog/florida-fingertips-didnt-know-marriott-florida-club/

It mentions trading into a sister resort (within the FC) without using II. How does that work? Do you think this would be a better option than reserving at 6 months out?
In the Weeks FAQ Sticky, there is a FL Club link.... https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/2011-how-does-florida-club-work.156392/
Check out dioxide45's nifty document in post 2 for more info.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find anything about the Florida Club on Marriott's Vacation Club website, but I did find this page which spells out the benefits:
http://www.sellmytimesharenow.com/blog/florida-fingertips-didnt-know-marriott-florida-club/

It mentions trading into a sister resort (within the FC) without using II. How does that work? Do you think this would be a better option than reserving at 6 months out?
It's not really a trade, you are simply calling Marriott and making a reservation at 6 or 7 months out depending. As the article mentions, if you are reserving concurrently or consecutively with 2 different deeded weeks in the FC, you can do so at 7 months out. The question I've seen mixed reviews with is how you can use those. As the article mentions, it has to be within the season you own. The 2 questions I'm not 100% sure of are whether you can lockoff a dedicated 2BR (of a 3BR) at the destination resort and what happens if you have a platinum plus week that could be reserved during platinum time at your home resort. The lockoff situation with the FC gets a little tricky and my understanding of the rules is a little different than some of the posts I've seen here in actual practice. My understanding of the rules is one should be able to lockoff a 2 BR into smaller components at an applicable resort in season and a 3 BR into a studio and 2 BR. But not take the 2 BR portion of a 3 BR and lock it off as well ending up with 3 smaller units (a 1 BR & 2 studios) but I've seen reports that some were successful doing so.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

If I need to book a fairly high demand week, either February vacation week or March vacation week, how likely am I to get a week at either of these places at 6 mos out? And lastly, would I have a better chance if I try to get a trade with II?

I don't think getting a 3br during the February Vacation week or March vacation week through either II of FC (at Ocean Pointe or Beach Place) is likely. You could do a request first through II for a 2 br using a 2br and immediately checking for a studio if you get a match from now until 6 months prior and then see what Florida Club has to offer if you don't get the exchange.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gotten reservations at Ocean Pointe and Beach Place for Feb/Mar using the Florida Club at less than 6 months out. The problem is you have to take what is there rather than having a selection of dates. These also may be cancellations so you may not see something at 6 months but later at 2-4 months out you might see something.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I have gotten reservations at Ocean Pointe and Beach Place for Feb/Mar using the Florida Club at less than 6 months out. The problem is you have to take what is there rather than having a selection of dates. These also may be cancellations so you may not see something at 6 months but later at 2-4 months out you might see something.

That's good to know. We can be flexible with the dates - any time in Feb. or March would suit us, though because of my d-i-l being a teacher, we would like to try for Feb. vacation week first. With airfares the way they've been going, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable waiting until a month or two before check-in to book my stay.

Which is nicer? Ocean Pointe or Beach Place? Or are they pretty comparable?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which is nicer? Ocean Pointe or Beach Place? Or are they pretty comparable?

Comparable in quality but the "nature" of the vacation is like night and day. Ocean Pointe is on the end of Singer Island with a very wide foot print. Beach Place is very urban. Ocean Pointe you could end up with a bad view while Beach Place has good views but you are not really on the beach. You have to walk by other businesses and cross A1A for the beach access. People tend to feel very strongly for one versus the other.