• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flexchange

GeNioS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started mudding up another thread so I brought it here....can someone help me with this flexchange thing?

I am understanding that flexchange is a 60 day window of travel in which I can exchange a small room for a big room, low-demand week for high-demand week, etc.?

The reason I'm confused is that I've traded a studio for a 3-br unit before and much more than 60 days out.....is there are separate area of Interval where I can see the flexchange inventory?

Way confused...thanks in advance for any help.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Bill already answered your question on the other thread, but to repeat - Flexchange just means within 59 days of check-in. It is not a separate area in II - it just refers to that timeframe.

And yes - you can often see larger units with a studio - you just can't request a larger unit with an ongoing request than what you're giving II. But depending on the quality of your resort and its trade power (per II's definitions) you can often pull larger units than your deposit.

But there are times when many units can only get a better quality resort or a bigger unit during flexchange when II relaxes most (but not all) of their trading power criteria.

GeNioS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never "placed a request." I've only made exchanges by searching and exchanging.....so to understand....

When I go to "place a request," if I select the studio portion of my lockoff unit, it will only bring up studio as an option of what I will accept in return. If something comes available at the resort I request, however, and it's less than 60 days away, they will notify me of it and allow me to have it even though it's larger? And more than 60 days out, they will only notify me and/or book me a studio in return?

I'm sure I sound like an idiot....please excuse my ignorance....

Bill4728

Reaction score
TUG's FAQ about II said:
What size unit can I get with an Exchange?
A.
• With an “Instant” online exchange, you can search for any size unit that your week will match with. So if your studio can find an instant exchange at a resort which show a 2 bd available, you can trade for that 2 bedroom.

• With an ““Ongoing Search" / "Pending Request" exchange, you can only search for a size unit which is the same as your unit size ( or less). EXECPT: If you are using a 1 bd unit and want a 2 bd unit, you can get a 2 bd unit by requesting an exchange into a resort which have only 2 bd units.
SO if you have a high demand studio deposit and request only resorts which are 1 or 2 bedroom, you should be able to get a match even outside of flexchange. And the same would be true for a 1 bd deposit being able to match with a 2 bed unit at a resort which has only 2 bed units.

The best example of this would be most of the time, you would be able to trade a studio deposit for an orlando 2 bed TS. If you pick only those orlando resorts which have only 2 & 3 bd units.

PS generally you are not allowed to start an "on-going search" during flextime (within 59 days of travel)

Sorry, It appear that you can do an on going request during flexchange it is just harder to find that option.

Last edited:

CAROLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to place an on-going request during flexchange using my a/c. Are you saying you definitely cannot do that?

Bill4728

Reaction score
I was hoping to place an on-going request during flexchange using my a/c. Are you saying you definitely cannot do that?

Sorry, It appear that you can do an on going request during flexchange it is just harder to find that option

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill-
I thought you couldn't place an on-going request during the Flexchange period. I haven't tried it in several years, but I do recall being told by II that it wasn't allowed. Has this changed?