• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First Time In Vegas - Help!

malago

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to Vegas in 2 weeks - staying at the Marriott Grand Chateau.
Any advise of places "reasonable" to eat - Breakfast Buffett? - Lunch? Dinner?

Best spots to see? Staying 4 days...

Suggestions are appreciated.
marisel

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Off the stip possibilities:

Gandhi is a fine Indian food restaurant with a lunch buffet. At the NE corner of Flamingo and Paradise, behind Morton's.

Las Vegas is a good place to get authentic Hawai`ian food. Las Vegas has a large population of native Hawai`ians. Look in the phone book for a J&L Hawaiian BBQ place.

You're from NY, but you'll be out west. Visit an Inn-N-Out burger if you get a hankering for burger-fries-shake.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Also off the strip: Kathy's Southern Cooking, in Henderson. It's a hole-in-the-wall, quite inexpensive. But it has probably the best soul food this side of the Mississippi River (ever since Ruby's in Kansas City closed).

I want to bathe in their brown gravy. :D

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Paris and the Aladdin . . .

. . .they get my vote. The worst buffets I've had were at the Flamingo and Treasure Island. The Bellagio buffet is very good but not better than the Paris and Aladdin buffets.

Charles

PS Also see the new Wynn hotel. It almost makes the other hotels look like a Motel 6 [that's a stretch but I'm trying to make a point]

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
More off the strip: La Sierra an outstanding inexpensive Mexican restaurant on East Flamingo a bit west of I-215. It's n a strip mall on the north side of Flamingo.

Yama Sushi is a very good "all you can eat" Sushi place in a strip mall on the north side of Falmingo just east of Maryland Parkway.

BTW - it's not that I look for cheapo restaurants in strip malls (though that may be true). It's just that once you venture off the Strip in Las Vegas, almost everything commercial is in a strip mall.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
PF Changs is across the street in the Planet Hollywood (the former Aladdin) and is very good Asian bistro/Chinese food.

cluemeister

TUG Member
Reaction score
Things to do?

It's hard to help without a little more information. Kids, no kids? Do you like to gamble? Do you like nature? Do you like comedy, dancing?

If you have kids, I hear the indoor amusement park at Circus Circus is good. If you like to gamble, I guess you can get that anywhere. If you like to see natural wonders, there's helicopter tours of the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam close by (and a dinner boat cruise on Lake Mead) and there's Red Rock Canyon area, and even Death Valley to the West.

If you're at the Grand Chateau, restaurants.com has a $10 coupon good for $25 at the Commander's Palace at the Aladdin.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah.

Weather permitting, you can do snow skiing at Mt. Charleston in the morning, and water skiing on Lake Mead in the afternoon.

Bob B

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marisel,
You will find a HUGE amount of information at lasvegasadvisor.com. Go to their forums and search for the information you want.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are downtown, and you should go downtown, Main Street breakfast buffett and Golden Nugget dinner buffett get my votes. If you're there very late, try the 99 cent shrimp cocktail -stay away from the fried twinkies or oreos.

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Things to do

One of my favorite (free) things to do in Vegas - go to the Conservatory at the Bellagio. The arrangements and fresh flowers are amazing and they change the displays throughout the year. Just follow the overhead signs inside the resort.

I also really enjoy feeding time for the penguins in the Flamingo gardens. Again, free. I think they do this at approximately 8 am and 3 pm.

malago

TUG Member
Reaction score
No Kids. Our Anniversary. Not much gambling. Sightseeing, Restaurants. Have tickets to see Celine Dion and also "O".