• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First time I have seen this renewal offer from RCI.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are eligible to receive the RCI 35th Anniversary Renewal Special! Get 5 years for the price of 3 – a savings of $178 USD! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to take advantage of the improvements coming in our 35th year! Check out the “My Account” tab above today.

Contrary to popular opinion, I do plan on renewing my RCI membership at some point. Its good till 2011, I think. I have gotten all the trades I requested, so I'm sticking with them for a while longer.

Is this offer a deal or no deal?

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
5 for the price of 3? How could it not be a good deal? You won't see a better one. If you are happy with RCI I'd go for it. I am. I still get the trades I want.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're happy with RCI and plan to continue on with them, yes it's a good deal

That last two times that I have renewed my membership, I have utilized the pay for three and get five years. Not only are you getting the two additional years for free, but you are also locking in the membership renewal price for five years at today's rate. I have been an RCI member since 1984. There are some issues at times, but I still find them the most beneficial for exchanging.

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh Thank You. How did you get this message? If I am not up for renewal, do you think I can add the 5 years? Thanks.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a deal to me too. I will call and extend my membership for 5 more years under these terms. RCI isn't a perfect system, but overall it still works very well for me.

Last edited:

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh Thank You. How did you get this message? If I am not up for renewal, do you think I can add the 5 years? Thanks.

Yes you can add to your membership at any time, well at least you always could before. Mine is good until like 2020 or something like that.....

I have to say I have fared best in the last 18 years or so with RCI for exchanges but this new site...well I do not mind the enhancements although everything takes longer but for how long is it going to have problems......yesterday was first time I could do anything with it...hope it is okay from now on...

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Too bad they don't have this kind of deal for points. I have to pay a lot for my points membership, $95 a year is the discounted price.

I wish I could talk them into using a lesser week for an exchange I need for Kauai. I see it with my best traders, but I cannot see it with any of my other weeks. I am thinking of begging. :rofl: