• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First time going to St Thomas - (end of Nov 2022) looking for info..

KS2beach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WRF 2007
WKV 2019
SMV 2006
MVC 2020
any info on what to expect for weather that time of year? snorkeling good then?
must go to beaches? best snorkeling excursions? and transportation suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
(staying at Frenchman cove- planning a day trip to St Johns (wanted to spend time at both Westin and Frenchman Cove but couldn't get in to Westin)

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
We've been going to STT for over 10 years usually first week of December but we have been the latter part of November and May. The weather is about the same in the 80's occasional showers. We like Magens Bay and Coki Beach in St Thomas and Trunk Bay in St John. We usually take the car ferry to St John. We rent a car and the last couple of times I've used Dollar / Thrifty. We've taken a few day cruises to BVI but covid has shut them down. I think you can still take the ferry to Tortola. We like Aqua Marine for custom cruises for snorkeling. If you have any questions you can reply or PM me.

Last edited:

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
any info on what to expect for weather that time of year? snorkeling good then?
must go to beaches? best snorkeling excursions? and transportation suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
(staying at Frenchman cove- planning a day trip to St Johns (wanted to spend time at both Westin and Frenchman Cove but couldn't get in to Westin)

One thing I will say about the weather be careful out in the sun. You will burn much more easily than you realize. Also bring water shoes.

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
I would avoid Coki Beach…Its beautiful…but imo…kinda sketchy

We've never had any problems there. It can get crowded when the cruise ship day trippers come in which hasn't been the case the last two years :)

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Viator and Trip Advisor can give you some ideas on things to do during your stay.
I think there are now ferries running between the USVI and BVI:

Here is a link about the USVI’s that you may find helpful:

Some info on the BVI’s:

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Be careful driving there. You will need a car but the roads are terrible, very hilly and narrow and extremely dark at night.
Make sure you’re car rental allows for taking it by ferry to St. John’s.

A couple of fun places in St. Johns to check out….
59a89aff29c14e3a0588194d02f8b2a3.jpg

c3da67a5ab24f370e3e162d0dda3020f.jpg

fd567a64463a7a7f724672e13383a805.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KS2beach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WRF 2007
WKV 2019
SMV 2006
MVC 2020
Be careful driving there. You will need a car but the roads are terrible, very hilly and narrow and extremely dark at night.

Can't wait! Thank you for info on the cars I hadn't thought about it not being allowed to ferry car over

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Love St John! We always rent the car from Avis and they have no problem with us taking the car to St John.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Folks, St Johns is the largest city, and the capital of the Canadian Providence of Newfoundland. St John is the most beautiful of the islands of the the USVI. Please don't get them confused, they are VERY different places.

Agree. This is often a pet peeve of locals, so you raise a good point. Not to be too picky, but it is now officially referred to as the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador (bolding mine), and the capital city is St. John's (with an apostrophe). And Saint John (spelled out) is in the Canadian Province of New Brunswick. ;) :)

All three are definitely worthy places to visit, and quite different, especially the two Canadian locations when compared to St. John in winter!!! I'll take the latter, please! Wherever you are visiting, enjoy your vacation.