• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fire Sale - SVV

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received this morning:

Limited-Time Offer

A Limited-Time Offer from the Villages Key West Condominium Association, Inc.

Dear Villages Key West Owner,

Greetings from your Board of Directors! We are pleased to announce an owner resale program which will allow owners like you the ability to purchase Association owned timeshare weeks. As you know, over the past few years a number of owners have failed to pay their maintenance fees. As a result, these owners were denied the use of accommodations at the resort and their timeshare weeks were eventually foreclosed or they were offered a deed in lieu of foreclosure. The Association now owns approximately 79 timeshare weeks.

As an Owner, you are being offered the opportunity to purchase an Association owned timeshare week at a substantially reduced cost. This offer is subject to the following terms:

Timeshare weeks are offered on a first come, first served basis. Please visit mystarcentral.com, “Your Owners Association” on the left side of the screen. Then click on “ownership opportunities” on the right side of your screen. This will take you to a listing of available timeshare weeks, associated price and instructions. If you own weeks at other resorts, please select the link for your Villages Key West timeshare week and you will be directed to the resale offer for this resort. Owners who are interested in purchasing a timeshare week must submit a request to purchase as detailed on the website.
Qualified Requests to purchase available timeshare weeks will be processed in the order received. A purchase contract and related disclosure documents will be mailed to owners with further instructions. An initial deposit of 50% of the purchase price will be required at time of returning the executed purchase contract.
Requests will only be deemed as Qualified Requests if the person submitting the request is an owner in good standing with no outstanding balances due to the Association.
Timeshare weeks offered by the Association will be automatically enrolled in the Starwood Vacation Network (“SVN”).
Timeshare Weeks offered by the Association do not count toward SVN Elite status and may not participate in the SPG Conversion Program (exchanging the timeshare week for SPG or Starpoints). The Elite and SPG Conversion programs are funded by the Developer and are not available for this Association resale program.
This offer is limited to timeshare weeks owned by this Association.
The Association is not offering to take back any timeshare weeks. This is an offer to resell timeshare weeks already owned by the Association.
Please note that this is not a public offering but a limited term internal offer to Owners. This offer begins October 15, 2012 and ends November 14, 2012. Please note that the Association website will only be active beginning on October 15, 2012 at 12:00 P.M. EDT, until November 14, 2012 at 5:00 P.M. EST. Any inquiries should be addressed to the email address listed on the website.

Sincerely,
Villages Key West Condominium Association, Inc.
Board of Directors

This email was sent by SVO Management, Inc. You've received this email as a convenience
in the general course of communication regarding your ownership.

To ensure you receive your SVO Management, Inc. emails, please add
svomanagement@svomanagementinc.com to your address book.

Please do not reply. You may email the Association Management Team
at AssociationMgmt@starwoodvo.com.

SVO Management, Inc.
9002 San Marco Court,
Orlando, FL 32819
CID 2002

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
They did this (I believe successfully) for WSJ VG villas. I put in an offer for an adjacent week to the ones we own and it was already taken. Of course, some Owners felt that is was under-handed (in some manner?) - but a lot of WSJ VG owners seems to have some disconnect with reality. ;)

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hell, I wish I had access to make an offer on the SVV fire sale. :)

Nothing underhanded about trying to get weeks into the hands of people willing to pay the MF's.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
I thought I saw a lot of these going for next to nothing on eBay ???

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience has been the ones that are going for next to nothing are in the non-mandatory sections (Bella/Key West are mandatory), so they don't get StarOptions.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Ah, maybe that is why. I haven't followed SVV much, but wasn't there some kind of upgrading or something going on there as well ??

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Ah, maybe that is why. I haven't followed SVV much, but wasn't there some kind of upgrading or something going on there as well ??

Well, the Bella phase was refurbished a couple years ago(flat screens, slightly different decor) and the Key West phase was also refurbished recently.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
If the similar sale at WMH is any indication, the units with StarOptions will be priced higher than the resale market.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prices aren't bad. From $750 for eoy 1 bedrooms(plus $400 closing) up to $3500 for annual prime 3 bedroom lockoff. I submitted interest in a unit and that brings up a screen saying ill hear back in 7 business days

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Prices aren't bad. From $750 for eoy 1 bedrooms(plus $400 closing) up to $3500 for annual prime 3 bedroom lockoff. I submitted interest in a unit and that brings up a screen saying ill hear back in 7 business days

"Bad" is relative. Those prices are much higher than resale.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Bad" is relative. Those prices are much higher than resale.

Ken, I'm not so sure. If the units offered are in the SVN mandatory phases of Sheraton Vistana Villages, those prices don't look too bad - especially if they are mandatory and prime season. eBay is pretty good at bottom floor pricing, and here are the closed sales prices for mandatory SVV units since mid-August. (The non-mandatory SVV units in Amelia and St. Augustine have been selling for $1.)

$1,288+ (2/2 Annual 67,100 SO's)
$722+ (2/2 EOY 67,100 SO's)
$3,300+ (2/2 Annual 81,000 SO's)
$4,500+ (2/2 Annual 95,700 SO's)
$600+ (1/1 Annual 37,000 SO's)
$51+ (2/2 Annual 67,100 SO's)
$1,075+ (2/2 Annual 67,100 SO's)
$676+ (2/2 Annual 67,100 SO's)
$1,780+ (2/2 Annual 81,000 SO's)
$680+ (2/2 EOY 67,100 SO's)
$1,500+ (2/2 Annual 67,100 SO's)
$2,425+ (2/2 Annual 81,000 SO's)
$1,500+ (2/2LO Annual 81,000 SO's)
$1,476+ (2/2 EOY 81,000 SO's)
$1,175+ (2/2 EOY 67,100 SO's)
$1,226+ (2/2 EOY 81,000 SO)
$2,325+ (2/2 Annual 81,000 SO's)

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
$1000(plus closing)for eoy 81k dedicated 2 bedroom isn't a bad price. Fees are around 1k per usage so not a bad buy for a mandatory unit.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ken, I'm not so sure. If the units offered are in the SVN mandatory phases of Sheraton Vistana Villages, those prices don't look too bad - especially if they are mandatory and prime season. eBay is pretty good at bottom floor pricing, and here are the closed sales prices for mandatory SVV units since mid-August. (The non-mandatory SVV units in Amelia and St. Augustine have been selling for $1.)

$1,288+ (2/2 Annual 67,100 SO's)
$722+ (2/2 EOY 67,100 SO's)
$4,500+ (2/2 Annual 95,700 SO's)
$600+ (1/1 Annual 37,000 SO's)
$51+ (2/2 Annual 67,100 SO's)
$1,075+ (2/2 Annual 67,100 SO's)
$676+ (2/2 Annual 67,100 SO's)
$1,780+ (2/2 Annual 81,000 SO's)
$680+ (2/2 EOY 67,100 SO's)
$2,425+ (2/2 Annual 81,000 SO's)
$1,500+ (2/2LO Annual 81,000 SO's)
$1,476+ (2/2 EOY 81,000 SO's)
$1,175+ (2/2 EOY 67,100 SO's)
$1,226+ (2/2 EOY 81,000 SO)
$2,325+ (2/2 Annual 81,000 SO's)

Do they all include StarOptions? If so, I'd agree. Otherwise, nope.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

Didn't the original post say:

Timeshare weeks offered by the Association will be automatically enrolled in the Starwood Vacation Network (“SVN”).

SVN membership implies SOs, right?

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
They're all key west units which is a mandatory phase.

Yes, but it's a resale with the resort association as the seller. Just like every other mandatory resale.

Although Key West is mandatory and StarOptions come with the week, there is no counting the week toward SVN Elite status or conversion of StarOptions to Starpoints allowed.

Timeshare Weeks offered by the Association do not count toward SVN Elite status and may not participate in the SPG Conversion Program (exchanging the timeshare week for SPG or Starpoints). The Elite and SPG Conversion programs are funded by the Developer and are not available for this Association resale program.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, but it's a resale with the resort association as the seller. Just like every other mandatory resale.

Although Key West is mandatory and StarOptions come with the week, there is no counting the week toward SVN Elite status or conversion of StarOptions to Starpoints allowed.

Correct. The question was about staroptions not other portions of the svn/svn elite program, nowhere was there a discussion about starpoint conversion, ect.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct. The question was about staroptions not other portions of the svn/svn elite program, nowhere was there a discussion about starpoint conversion, ect.

From YYJMSP:
SVN membership implies SOs, right?

From Ken:

So what's your point?

SVN membership can imply convertibility or Elite status - or not. I just pointed out there are StarOptions and, then, there are StarOptions. All are not the same. Some people care about the difference; some don't. Salty

Valmiki

Reaction score
I am also an owner at SVV --- I have a 2 bedroom in Bella and another in Key West. --- 81,000 staroptions each.

If this offer is not allowing conversion to staroptions or starpoints, I can't see the benefit of purchasing even for $1.

You would still have to pay mtce fees for around $1,000 and since you have no flexibility, that mtce payment will only allow a stay at svv or maybe a trade on Intervald. If I am missing something, please advise.

Anyway I got an email today that indicated that an offer is being sent by Fed Ex to me.