• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally South Pacific Hiltons.....

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
For those longing to use their Hilton Honors points and want to travel to French Polynesia. This used to be just Starwood Territory. I actually think these 3 properties were the Sheraton properties rebranded. If I go by the names at least. Now you have options via the Hilton Brand...

They are not yet on the Hilton website, there are still on the SPG website.

Press Release......

SOUTH PACIFIC MANAGEMENT ADDS THREE STUNNING PROPERTIES
TO ITS FRENCH POLYNESIA PORTFOLIO

Management of the Hilton Hotel Tahiti, Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa and Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa delegated to South Pacific Management

Papeete, Tahiti, January 16th 2009 South Pacific Management today announced that it has been delegated the management of three hotels on the islands of Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora, in French Polynesia, by Mr. Louis Wane of Société des Hôtels Tahitiens. The three existing hotels, under a Hilton franchise agreement, have been re-branded as the Hilton Hotel Tahiti, the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa and the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, with effect from 16th January 2009.

South Pacific Management, is one of Tahiti’s leading resort management companies, headquartered in the Tahitian capital Papeete. South Pacific Management has a strong track record in managing resort properties in French Polynesia and currently manages a group of ten resorts located across the 3 main archipelagoes.

Laurent L. Bessou of South Pacific Management commented, “South Pacific Management has extensive management experience in French Polynesia and we are thrilled to be involved with these 3 new Hilton branded properties which will provide the best in service and products in the upscale segment in the South Pacific. We are confident that French Polynesia’s charm and natural beauty will continue to attract guests from all over the world, and these new hotels will contribute favourably to that experience.”

Louis Wane, Chairman of Société des Hôtels Tahitiens commented, “We are delighted to have teamed up with Hilton Hotels Corporation to rename our stunning properties. It’s a win-win situation that will ensure that our properties deliver Hilton’s legendary service to our guests, and at the same time, our hotels will become part of a global network Hilton Family hotels, which can be booked 24/7.”

Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa

The island of Bora Bora is located one hour’s flight from the international airport in Papeete, Tahiti. Built around a sacred and legendary cove of white sand and majestic lava rock, the resort rises above what Pulitzer Prize-winning author, James Michener, called “the most beautiful lagoon in the world”.

Access from the airport is by private motor launch with guests having the unique experience of arriving to the resort via the over water lobby. The resort has won many awards including the 2007 World Travel Awards for the best resort in French Polynesia. The Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa includes the following facilities:

120 villas (84 over water villas);
2 restaurants;
2 bars;
Meeting facilities for up to 100 people;
6 room health spa;
Pool and fitness centre.

Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

The island of Moorea is a 10 minutes flight or 30 minutes by catamaran from Tahiti. The Hilton Moorea Resort & Spa is set within the crystal waters of a 10 acre lagoon, with volcanic mountains as a backdrop.
The Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa includes the following facilities:

106 villas (54 over water villas);
2 restaurants;
2 bars;
Meeting facilities for up to 120 people;
4 room health spa;
Pool and fitness centre.

Hilton Hotel Tahiti

The Hilton Hotel Tahiti is conveniently located just 3 miles from the International Airport and 3 minutes from the heart of Papeete, Tahiti’s capital. The hotel is an ideal gateway to the outer islands for the leisure traveller and is well placed to meet the needs of the business traveller with extensive meeting facilities and ideal location close to Papeete’s business district.
The Hilton Hotel Tahiti includes the following facilities:

189 rooms;
2 restaurants;
1 bar;
Conference facilities including ballroom, with a total of 20,000sq ft of meeting space;
4 room health spa, pools, and fitness centre

Martin Rinck, President - Asia Pacific, Hilton Hotels Corporation, commented “Hilton Hotels is proud to have been selected to have branding rights for these three properties. Hilton Hotels will work closely with the owners and managers of these properties to further develop the international reputation of the hotels and location. We believe these hotels will quickly become favourites among our guests, and will further strengthen our Hilton Worldwide Resort presence in the South Pacific.”

- ends -

Last edited:

benjaminb13

Reaction score
For those longing to use their Hilton Honors points and want to travel to French Polynesia. This used to be just Starwood Territory. I actually think these 3 properties were the Sheraton properties rebranded. If I go by the names at least. Now you have options via the Hilton Brand...

They are not yet on the Hilton website, there are still on the SPG website.

Press Release......

SOUTH PACIFIC MANAGEMENT ADDS THREE STUNNING PROPERTIES
TO ITS FRENCH POLYNESIA PORTFOLIO

Management of the Hilton Hotel Tahiti, Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa and Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa delegated to South Pacific Management

Papeete, Tahiti, January 16th 2009 South Pacific Management today announced that it has been delegated the management of three hotels on the islands of Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora, in French Polynesia, by Mr. Louis Wane of Société des Hôtels Tahitiens. The three existing hotels, under a Hilton franchise agreement, have been re-branded as the Hilton Hotel Tahiti, the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa and the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, with effect from 16th January 2009.

South Pacific Management, is one of Tahiti’s leading resort management companies, headquartered in the Tahitian capital Papeete. South Pacific Management has a strong track record in managing resort properties in French Polynesia and currently manages a group of ten resorts located across the 3 main archipelagoes.

Laurent L. Bessou of South Pacific Management commented, “South Pacific Management has extensive management experience in French Polynesia and we are thrilled to be involved with these 3 new Hilton branded properties which will provide the best in service and products in the upscale segment in the South Pacific. We are confident that French Polynesia’s charm and natural beauty will continue to attract guests from all over the world, and these new hotels will contribute favourably to that experience.”

Louis Wane, Chairman of Société des Hôtels Tahitiens commented, “We are delighted to have teamed up with Hilton Hotels Corporation to rename our stunning properties. It’s a win-win situation that will ensure that our properties deliver Hilton’s legendary service to our guests, and at the same time, our hotels will become part of a global network Hilton Family hotels, which can be booked 24/7.”

Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa

The island of Bora Bora is located one hour’s flight from the international airport in Papeete, Tahiti. Built around a sacred and legendary cove of white sand and majestic lava rock, the resort rises above what Pulitzer Prize-winning author, James Michener, called “the most beautiful lagoon in the world”.

Access from the airport is by private motor launch with guests having the unique experience of arriving to the resort via the over water lobby. The resort has won many awards including the 2007 World Travel Awards for the best resort in French Polynesia. The Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa includes the following facilities:

120 villas (84 over water villas);
2 restaurants;
2 bars;
Meeting facilities for up to 100 people;
6 room health spa;
Pool and fitness centre.

Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

The island of Moorea is a 10 minutes flight or 30 minutes by catamaran from Tahiti. The Hilton Moorea Resort & Spa is set within the crystal waters of a 10 acre lagoon, with volcanic mountains as a backdrop.
The Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa includes the following facilities:

106 villas (54 over water villas);
2 restaurants;
2 bars;
Meeting facilities for up to 120 people;
4 room health spa;
Pool and fitness centre.

Hilton Hotel Tahiti

The Hilton Hotel Tahiti is conveniently located just 3 miles from the International Airport and 3 minutes from the heart of Papeete, Tahiti’s capital. The hotel is an ideal gateway to the outer islands for the leisure traveller and is well placed to meet the needs of the business traveller with extensive meeting facilities and ideal location close to Papeete’s business district.
The Hilton Hotel Tahiti includes the following facilities:

189 rooms;
2 restaurants;
1 bar;
Conference facilities including ballroom, with a total of 20,000sq ft of meeting space;
4 room health spa, pools, and fitness centre

Martin Rinck, President - Asia Pacific, Hilton Hotels Corporation, commented “Hilton Hotels is proud to have been selected to have branding rights for these three properties. Hilton Hotels will work closely with the owners and managers of these properties to further develop the international reputation of the hotels and location. We believe these hotels will quickly become favourites among our guests, and will further strengthen our Hilton Worldwide Resort presence in the South Pacific.”

- ends -
GREAT NEWS SANDY
WILL SOME OF THESE UNITS HGVC TIMESHARES?
iVE NEVER BEEN TO FRENCH POLYNESIA. IVE HEARD LOTS OF GOOD THINGS.
HOW DOES IT COMPARE WITH THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.
(SORRY FOR THE BASIC QUESTIONS, I NEED TO TRAVEL MORE)

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GREAT NEWS SANDY
WILL SOME OF THESE UNITS HGVC TIMESHARES?
iVE NEVER BEEN TO FRENCH POLYNESIA. IVE HEARD LOTS OF GOOD THINGS.
HOW DOES IT COMPARE WITH THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.
(SORRY FOR THE BASIC QUESTIONS, I NEED TO TRAVEL MORE)

Your shouting (that is what caps mean)...

NO timeshares, only hotel units. But accessible via Hilton Honors points which is a big plus. I have wanted to go here for some time, but lacked Starwood points to do so. I seem to focus my hotel stays on Hilton or Marriott as they seem to be better located for my needs.

Compared to the Hawaiian Islands, no really a comparison. Now as large a land mass, smaller islands, lot of lagoons and atolls, so mostly calm waters with the near continuous barrier reef around the island.

benjaminb13

Reaction score
I just found out about netiquette. my apologies, didnt realize my being lazy (I hate pressing the shift button) would backsfire.

Is there a lot to do in French Polynesia?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do?

Just lying around and enjoying the stunning scenary is plenty to do for me. Throw in some diving, snorkeling and/or sailing and I am in heaven.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Sandy:

Thanks for the tip. The hotels appear on the Hilton website today.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone stayed at any of these yet?

Elsie Mae

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are recent reviews of the French Polynesia Hilton's on tripadvisor.com.

I'm going to Hilton Moorea and Hilton Bora Bora for one week each in April 2010. I'm so happy to be able to use my HGVC/Hilton Honors points in French Polynesia!!