• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally got trade in II

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
I have had a request in since last December (deposited first) week in Waohai for march 2016 at whistler BC or very second choice Park City. could only go during UGA's spring break, but figured over a year out would be plenty of time.

As insurance had DVC looking for trade through rci to same resort.

II just came through with Park City Summit Watch. I didn't want to wait longer, so we took this. Longest I have ever waited for II trade.

Would have rather gone to Canada, but I bet park city will be fun! Also have used 2 AC's they gave me , one for a week at surf watch and one I gave to an employee who had never been to Disneyworld.

Took a while, but still a good trade through II.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
II just came through with Park City Summit Watch. I didn't want to wait longer, so we took this. Longest I have ever waited for II trade.

Would have rather gone to Canada, but I bet park city will be fun!

Club Intrawest just put in a bulk deposit for February and March weeks, including at Whistler, though I'm not sure if your exact dates were included. Many of them have been snatched up already.

You could always buy ePlus. But I'm sure you'll love PC too!

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
AAARGHH!

It is the universes way to teach me patience

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
do ePlus quickly if possible and see what develops.....could very well get lucky.

also can call II every day and see if a re-trade is doable. You might have to repay the fee, but that might be worth it to you. The extra A/C weeks sound really great for you.

JMSH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good thing about Canada however is that you would get a 30% discount due to currency difference......

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Good thing about Canada however is that you would get a 30% discount due to currency difference......

That's one of the reasons we're going to Canada next week for the third time this year!

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
We have been to 30 MVCI resorts and Summit Watch was in our top ten when we ranked them recently. We went three years ago during mud season in October and really enjoyed Park City.

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
Since I try to see the silver lining...it will be. Cheaper to fly to park city and means our daughter and sil can come,..it's a new place, therefore a new experience.
Next time I will wait it out to to the very end

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
do ePlus quickly if possible and see what develops.....could very well get lucky.

also can call II every day and see if a re-trade is doable. You might have to repay the fee, but that might be worth it to you. The extra A/C weeks sound really great for you.

Don't know what e plus is but may try this.
Thanks for all the advice,
We too liked Canada when it was50%off bought all our winter clothes while we were there.

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
Couldn't find e plus in help on II.
If anyone knows what this is let me know.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Don't know what e plus is but may try this.
Thanks for all the advice,
We too liked Canada when it was50%off bought all our winter clothes while we were there.
You can only buy E-Plus up to 5 days after the exchange for $49. It allows you to retrade up to three times.
Comes in handy when your plans are not firm or you would like a different resort or unit size. With a Marriott to Marriott exchange in the DC you do not need it as you can retrade for free but outside the Marriott family it is a great "insurance" that if you can't go, you can trade again for free.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you used a week enrolled in the DC than eplus is not available. You would have to retrade. A retrade into a Marriott is free. A retrade outside of Marriott is the regular exchange fee. If you set up an ongoing request with both Marriott and non Marriott, you probably had to pay the regular exchange fee and it was not refunded even though you ended up exchanging into a Marriott. Now if you see an instant exchange you want into a non Marriott, you would have to again pay the whole regular exchange fee to do a retrade. You do this though your history tab.

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
I think I'll be happy with what I have and next time be more patient

McFail

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are skiing take a look at the Epic Pass now. It may save some money vs lift tickets.

FWIW I took my 11 yr old daughter to PC last New Years and spent a couple of nights each at Mountainside and Summit Watch and we preferred SW although the studio unit was a bit odd in layout compared to normal.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
We own at Park City for a reason. It's super fun. We were at Whistler last year and loved it too. If you like big mountains Whistler has a lot to offer a serious skier but Park City is really fun apres. And that powder can't be beat. Whistler was a little slushy already late March. I ran into Robert Redford and other celebrities while shopping and at the slopes. Always something happening at Park City. I also prefer the ski schools at Park City. Whistler could be too much for beginners as even a green run had too many drop offs that could be extremely dangerous.

I'm still waiting for an exchange for Spring Break. When is your Spring Break. I'm waiting for March 20 week in addition to our existing booking for family and friends to join us. Maybe I'll run into you!

Last edited: