• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fiesta Americana Vacation Club

N2qmt

Reaction score
Urgent help requested! I bought into the FAVC points system and I need to be talked off the ledge before the 5 day window for cancellation is up.
Please tell me if I’m getting ripped off? I’ve seen plenty of negative reviews but some go several years back. I am so scared I made a wrong decision. Any information good or bad would be most appreciated. Thanks!
J

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Urgent help requested! I bought into the FAVC points system and I need to be talked off the ledge before the 5 day window for cancellation is up.
Please tell me if I’m getting ripped off? I’ve seen plenty of negative reviews but some go several years back. I am so scared I made a wrong decision. Any information good or bad would be most appreciated. Thanks!
J

If you have doubts - RESCIND !

the deal you got - will be available next visit .
You are paying” full price / retail “ to the developer.

once you have done additional researched you can decide -

FAVC - can be bought resale for much less. I have seen them listed on this Forum.
I believe there are some benefits that Developer purchases have ;that are removed by FAVC when transferring a resale to a a resale buyer .

That said - resale can have a much lower up front cost.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
If you feel like you got ripped off, you probably did. But we can't give much advice until you tell us the price, and your understanding of what you bought.

N2qmt

Reaction score
If you feel like you got ripped off, you probably did. But we can't give much advice until you tell us the price, and your understanding of what you bought.
Thanks for the response. I
Thank you for responding. So I went with a modest point balance of 1700 points/year for $11,475. I was able to see last years point chart and I am comfortable in the value for what I’m paying. My concerns are where I’m allowed to use the points for.., For example, I thought that all Posadas properties were included but it appears only a select handful of FA properties are where I can use points. I’m also now confused on if I can use the points at Hilton Grand Vacations and RCI?
I’m reading of major difficulties booking through RCI and very slow/poor customer service. I will be trying to get answers tomorrow directly from them, but since I only have 2 days left in the window, I wanted to reach out here too for advice.
I think I can also derive value from the travel booking website but I don’t have login credentials yet to verify. I’ve also heard that the code provided when you call to use the 2 for 1 airfare is usually invalid and comes with many restrictions.
What do you think?

N2qmt

Reaction score
If you have doubts - RESCIND !

the deal you got - will be available next visit .
You are paying” full price / retail “ to the developer.

once you have done additional researched you can decide -

FAVC - can be bought resale for much less. I have seen them listed on this Forum.
I believe there are some benefits that Developer purchases have ;that are removed by FAVC when transferring a resale to a a resale buyer .

That said - resale can have a much lower up front cost.
Thanks for responding. How would that even work (buying these point resale)? I went with the lowest price quoted and if I can get value out of this, I’ll be happy. $11,000 isn’t anything to sneeze at but I just don’t want to be taken to the cleaners and lose my investment. Thanks.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m reading of major difficulties booking through RCI and very slow/poor customer service.
This is one of the major reasons that people come to these boards. :) But the most important piece of information in your comment is that you are brand new to figuring out RCI and how it works. So as previously mentioned, RESCIND! You will have plenty of other chances to buy into timesharing some other way for a better price. You need to learn how timesharing works before spending $11,000.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
1700 points will not get much in HGV, mostly studios in low seasons.

Here is the chart for using HGV points in RCI.

6bc77e33dff162e08dfe9d3f90d675ae.plist

RESCIND!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

N2qmt

Reaction score
1700 points will not get much in HGV, mostly studios in low seasons.

Here is the chart for using HGV points in RCI.

6bc77e33dff162e08dfe9d3f90d675ae.plist

RESCIND!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I see your point. Do you know if HGV points work the same as FAVC points? In other words, is the chart you posted for HGV points to RCI the same as FAVC to RCI? Thanks.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
What you bought has pretty much zero resale value. Cancel while you can. Do it properly by the letter. In two days your investment will depreciate to zero.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
J

Rescind today -
as you have read above.

The value in timeshares is all in usage / vacation enjoyment .
FAVC is a perfectly good system -BUT ....

You will pay annually for that ( MF) -
there is no need to buy from the developer for $ 11K
when you can buy resale.

1)rescind

2) read TUG threads every day. for 6 months + / so that you better understand
[who- how-what - when ] - about timeshares & usage.

3) then decide your best plan to enjoy better vacations with timeshares

N2qmt

Reaction score
Rescind today -
as you have read above.

The value in timeshares is all in usage / vacation enjoyment .
FAVC is a perfectly good system -BUT ....

You will pay annually for that ( MF) -
there is no need to buy from the developer for $ 11K
when you can buy resale.

1)rescind

2) read TUG threads every day. for 6 months + / so that you better understand
[who- how-what - when ] - about timeshares & usage.

3) then decide your best plan to enjoy better vacations with timeshares
Thank you for your response! I am doing the cancellation request as we speak.

N2qmt

Reaction score
Thank you for your response! I am doing the cancellation request as we speak.
I dont think the address provided to send the cancellation request is correct. This is exactly how it appears:

Coordinator of Legal Affairs
Prolongación Paseo de la Reforma
No. 1015, Torre A, Piso 9
Col. Santa Fe Cuajimalpa
Alcaldía de Cuajimalpa de Morelos
Mexico

Does this look right? Shouldn’t it have a postal code?

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The address you have posted is for a city hall / government type building (alcaldia). Are you sure it is the address for cancellations, and not complaints?

N2qmt

Reaction score
So I sent the letter overnight. I’ll let you know what happens...

Another thing I thought of is whether or not to immediately dispute the charge on my credit card or let it ride for now? Obviously, I will keep all documentation for the credit card. I’m not sure if doing that would make FA less likely to cancel? I’m not trying to make an enemy for life where I always am battling to keep my credit clean. Thoughts?

N2qmt

Reaction score
The address you have posted is for a city hall / government type building (alcaldia). Are you sure it is the address for cancellations, and not complaints?
Hello! Yes I posted the address exactly as it appeared in the contract. I did an address search and found the business to be located there. The Postal code was missing though but I believe I was able to locate that as well.