• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Favorite Maui (Kaanapali Area) Restaurants?

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ABC store in Kapalua has a delicious coconut shrimp meal. They serve prime rib as well, but Rick is fond of the loco moco and the burger.

Whenever they have it on the lunch menu, we order the chicken katsu moco with the gravy on the side. That way the chicken stays super crispy! We often eat in the car, since we can't wait to get back to our resort to dig into our orders.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a meal - but a cinnamon roll at Papi's Ohana, so yum! And I was surprised at how good the poke bowl was at Napili Market - bowl with choice of two poke on top of rice was only $11.99, very fresh and delicious! One poke choice was $8.99.

MCLRenoNV

Reaction score
Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman. They have the best mai tais I’ve ever had with lilikoi foam on top. They have a great happy hour with good deals on pizzas, apps and drinks. We went twice in one week, once with the kids and once without kids.

nancyyy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
worldmark
Not a meal - but a cinnamon roll at Papi's Ohana, so yum! And I was surprised at how good the poke bowl was at Napili Market - bowl with choice of two poke on top of rice was only $11.99, very fresh and delicious! One poke choice was $8.99.
Papi Ohana cinnamon rolls are the best!! The lines are long but worth it!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Japengo at the Hyatt Regency

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman. They have the best mai tais I’ve ever had with lilikoi foam on top. They have a great happy hour with good deals on pizzas, apps and drinks. We went twice in one week, once with the kids and once without kids.
I know lots of people like the lilikoi foam. I am not one of them. A good mai tai doesn't need it. Again, just my opinion.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
When we stay at Hilton Vacation Club Ka'anapali Beach Maui (new name) we like going next door to the Beach Club Restaurant in the back at the Aston Kaanapali Shores. Nice menu and many tables have a view of the sunset. Of course, you can also go to the Honoapiilani Food Truck Park for a wide selection of fast food.
Screenshot%202024-09-04%20231555.jpg
Thanks for the recommendation. I did not know this restaurant existed and will check it out next year when we visit! I enjoy KBC. We are staying at the Westin down the boardwalk so still within walking distance.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Thank you all! Being allergic to seafood can make eating at certain restaurants challenging, so having all these options is so helpful. Anyone have a recommendation for good pizza? We're going to miss Lahaina Pizza Company!
The poolside takeout counter at KBC has pretty good pizza, as well as burgers and sandwiches. They used to serve food at the poolside bar, but since COVID you have to get takeout food and bring it over to the bar. I spent 3 days eating takeout food when we stayed at the KBC in Feb 2023 because I got Covid. It was kind of a nice break from being the tour guide for our party of 4. I'm the only one that got it, so the rest had to bring food to me. 😁

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
If you don't mind driving to the northern end of Front St., Mala Ocean Tavern has reopened and is still a favorite of visitors. We also always enjoy Aloha Mixed Plate and Star Noodle. The Hyatt used have a Ululani's, but I think the next closest one is in Kahului (you might want to stop there on your way from the airport before you check in at Kaanapali).
There is an Ululanis in Kihei. It is about a quarter mile before HGVC Maui Bay Villas if driving towards Wailea from Kaanapali.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Gazebo is great for breakfast (and lunch, though I haven't had lunch there yet). They close at 2 pm.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Gazebo is great for breakfast (and lunch, though I haven't had lunch there yet). They close at 2 pm.

Ken, I've heard good things about the Gazebo. But we've tried 3 times to have breakfast there and each time there was a half hour to 3/4 hour wait. Standing up, in line, in the sun, and most importantly - - NO COFFEE (yet). ;):LOL: So each time we left and went elsewhere.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ken, I've heard good things about the Gazebo. But we've tried 3 times to have breakfast there and each time there was a half hour to 3/4 hour wait. Standing up, in line, in the sun, and most importantly - - NO COFFEE (yet). ;):LOL: So each time we left and went elsewhere.

Good things come to those who wait.

And, they have umbrellas.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've eaten breakfast at The Gazebo a couple of times. Worth the wait!

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
If you don't mind driving to the northern end of Front St., Mala Ocean Tavern has reopened and is still a favorite of visitors. We also always enjoy Aloha Mixed Plate and Star Noodle. The Hyatt used have a Ululani's, but I think the next closest one is in Kahului (you might want to stop there on your way from the airport before you check in at Kaanapali).
I second these recommendations. 🤙🏻
Thirded.

Pizza Paradiso is our favorite pizza shop on the island, and my sleeper pick is actually the Da Nani Pirates food truck in Whaler's Village, right in front of the ABC Store. Their tacos are so good.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Walking distance from the Westin Villas, food was quite good and a great view.

IMG_7706.jpg

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We haven't been back to Maui since before the fire and have reservations for next month. We used to eat the majority of our meals on Front Street. Other than Whalers Village, where are some good places to eat now in the Kaanapali area? Any hidden gems? Bonus points if it's not outrageously expensive-- along the lines of Leilani's or Hula Grill in terms of price. I'm allergic to seafood so I eat vegetarian, beef or chicken dishes.

If you have an absolute favorite outside of Kaanapali, I'd appreciate hearing about that too.

One last question: Is there any chance there's a Ululani (sp?) Shave Ice close to Kaanapali?
There is a Ululani in Kehei if you are touring around the island. We love Monkeypod, SeaHouse, Duke's near Kaanapali