• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FAMILY Ski Resort type area....

annenp

Reaction score
my fellow tuggers/friends:

I am looking for a quaint ski resort town with (almost movie type picturigue) with family type ski meaning that tubbing, sleding and snowmobiling would be avaliable. By the way we've never even set one foot on a ski before. Oh.... would also need fireplace and spa for wife - resort feel.

I have three boys 16, 14, and 7 so I'll need minimium 2brs.

any suggestions?? I am open on dates.

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
With HGVC association with Club Intrawest, I'd look at one of their ski resorts.

Whistler BC
Mt Tremblant, Quebec
Panarama, BC
Blue Mountain, outside of Toronto

All are beautiful

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Spa, Tubing and snowmobile

Well,

I think Whistler or Keystone would fit your needs. There are many great resorts, but to get spa, tubing, skiing and snowmobile all in a "quaint" village is quite a bill to fill.

Beaver Creek and Vail both fit all your needs but tubing. Whistler in British Columbia may be your best bet. But, if you need something in the US - Keystone can fill the bill on all your needs.

There may be something in Utah, but I am not as familiar with Utah resorts.

Keystone was originally developed by Intrawest before Vail resorts purchased the resort. So, Keystone's River Run Village feels very much like Whistler IMO. Anyway, the difficult part of this question is what is most important or are all items needed for your vacation?

Vail has a wonderful village that is unmatched and they have the best ski terrain IMO. But, to the best of my knowledge they do NOT have tubing. Tubing is a blast, so I understand your desire to have it available.

Good luck and enjoy! Invest in some good ski lessons for anyone who has never skied, perhaps spring for a private lesson and you may become quite fond of the sport!

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Smugglers!!!! our personal favorite...close enouph drive to Canada and great homey feeling and people.

annenp

Reaction score
can I book Ketstone through Hilton??

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Not a lot of timeshare in Keystone

As far as timeshare, there are a couple of RCI and II properties. I believe Valadoro in Breckenridge is part of the Hilton family. Valadoro is not quite as nice as Grand Timber in Breck, but it is still very nice. Breckenridge is a nice town, we like Breck just as much as Keystone. I think for a first time ski experience, either would be fine. If you end up staying in Breck, you could make the short drive to Keystone or take the shuttle for the tubing. Keystone also has night skiing, something you may or may not be interested in. Here is their web site http://keystone.snow.com/Home/Resort-Activities.aspx
Also here is Brecks http://breckenridge.snow.com/home/

Keystone is just a VERY short drive from Breck or you can take a regularly scheduled shuttle. You just go down Hwy 9, back towards 1-70 and make a right on Swan Mountain Road.

There is one RCI resort that is in Keystone and always has good availability. It is called Swan Mountain Resort and it is within one mile of Keystone. I am sure you could get a unit at Swan Mountain. We have a stay booked at Swan Mountain over spring break 09 because our condo in Keystone is rented. So, I am very comfortable recommending Swan Mountain and then there are numerous choices in Breck. Good luck!

bluemax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Valdoro Mountain Lodge (HGVC), Hilton Hawaiian Village (HGVC), Hyatt Lost Pines,
Skiing

I recommend Breckinridge (Valdoro) for the best family skiing. I have been there the past four years and also to Beaver Creek, Vail, A-Basin, etc and Breck is the best for families and new skiers.

Valdoro is close, convenient, has a spa within and the town is great. Give it a try.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
We do not ski but enjoy walking around the mountains. We have had excellent experiences at Park City, Utah, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and Whistler, British Columbia.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Another good area to consider is Lake Tahoe.

Sedona204

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a look

at Steamboat Springs, CO. Kids ski free and it is a very family freindly area. There are several timeshares located there.