• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

'Falling iguana' alert

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are not making this up.

The National Weather Service in Miami has issued an unofficial warning for falling iguanas on Tuesday night due to the unusual cold snap that's hit the Sunshine State.

First the water parks and rides and now this? :eek:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
When I first saw this on Facebook I thought it was a joke.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing like walking down the street and have an Iquana fall on your head. :eek:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Before we moved to Florida we used to like staying at Wyndham Sea Gardens for our annual winter vacation. There we a couple of good sized iguanas that we would always see in the trees in the area around the tiki bar. So one year other people mentioned they hadn't seen the iguanas and we are standing there looking up in the trees trying to spot them. The head of maintenance comes by and asks what we are looking at. We tell him and he tells us they fell out of the trees and died when it got really cold the previous month. I'm thinking what an a...h... to feed us a line like that. Imagine my surprise later when an internet search verified what he told us. He wasn't putting the dumb Northerners on after all. The cold puts them in a stupor but unless it stays cold long enough it doesn't necessarily kill them. Sometimes the fall from the trees or rooftops if they are high enough will kill them.

The past couple of years in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area we've seen what the news referred to as an infestation of iguanas. People were told they could kill them as they are considered pests and do damage. So we were due for a cold snap to control the iguana population.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Reason #33000 for living where the cold hurts my face.... NO IGUANAS. :)

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
The South Florida iguana invasion is real, now every trip to Fort Lauderdale I see the green iguanas, in trees and hanging around bushes. They are usually in groups. So far, they have not invaded the Tampa Bay area. Maybe it's too cool for them up here in the winter time.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took this photo of an orange one a few days ago in Deerfield Beach.
We soon after saw a female nearby.

2020e-Iguana.jpg