• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Eyeglasses Delima

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was trying to save a few bucks. My regular eye doctor is 50 miles away and it would cost me an extra $30 in gas for each trip (once for the exam and once to get the new lenses). Never had a problem with her services, but since I've been living off of savings the last few months, I decided to patronize the local eye doctor to save the cost of gas. Major nightmare. They screwed up my computer glasses and had to re-do them. Then they screwed up the prescription for my regular glasses as well as forgetting to include Transistion lenses. After 2 months, I finally thought all was well when I got the regular lenses on Thursday and they seemed to work. Now I'm having trouble reading for more than a few minutes with the bifocals, and the distance vision is only good if I don't look at anything for more than a few minutes. I've been wearing glasses for 40 years and never had this much trouble.

My question is: what would you do? Keep trying to get this doctor to get it right, or try to get my money back and go to the other doctor? I'm assuming a refund will be difficult, so any thoughts on how to approach it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I'd call the doc and have her re-check the 'script. They can tell if the glasses are made properly and shouldn't charge you more if it's the lab's fault. Or get the script and order new glasses from Zenni.

You can't continue to wear the ones you got.

Jim

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I'd call the doc and have her re-check the 'script. They can tell if the glasses are made properly and shouldn't charge you more if it's the lab's fault. Or get the script and order new glasses from Zenni.

You can't continue to wear the ones you got.

Jim

Thats my worry about ordering from Zenni, when they come in the mail i'm going to the local eye glass place and have them check the prescription on the glasses

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they progressives? (No line bifocals). Some are much better than others and some opticians are much better than others. I thought I couldn't wear them because of the amount of distortion till I found a good optician.
Liz

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses! I started a new job the other day which has cut into my TUG time. :)

No, they are not progressives. I do not like progressives. The distortion drives me crazy.

Right now it seems a glossy page or lighted page (iPad) causes the most discomfort. I have been reading a paperback book for the past few days and if I hold it at the right distance, I have no problem.

It's really all about the reading part. Any ideas?

Thanks!

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd give them one more chance to get it right; document the dates and issues in writing and ask for them to recheck your eyes and recheck the prescription. If you still aren't satisfied, I'd ask for a refund. Maybe you'll get it, maybe not, but give it a try.

Consider posting an honest review online; just google the name of the place and ratings or reviews, and you'll find sites where you can do that.

If it doesn't work out I'd go ahead with my regular eye doctor, gas prices or not.

samuraijack72

Reaction score
Thats my worry about ordering from Zenni, when they come in the mail i'm going to the local eye glass place and have them check the prescription on the glasses

I have bought all my glasses there in the last few years and the prescription was always right except once. I returned the glasses and Zenni remade the new ones for me. I will definitely stick with Zenni.:cheer:

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

I called and scheduled an appointment for next week. No argument with the office so far. At this point I just hope they don't blow me off as a problem client. They made all of the errors. I have been pleasant when calling, so I hope they will get it right. In 40 years of wearing glasses I have never had this much trouble getting glasses!