• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Extra Holidays Experience

Reaction score
What has your experience been with signing a Listing Agreement with Extra Holidays and then getting paid? Has it helped pay maintenance fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
What has your experience been with signing a Listing Agreement with Extra Holidays and then getting paid? Has it helped pay maintenance fees?

There's another string or two about EH. Several people, including me, have posted experiences with EH.

Any payment from EH could help pay maintenance fees. It could also help pay rent, utilities, groceries, etc.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I've recently made some posts about EH as has Pink_Warrior. You should read them.

Zeke_62

Reaction score
@Pink_Warrior posted a few days ago with her 2022 results. Peeling out the extra commentary (she is a bit upset, rightfully so)
Submitted 10 reservations to EH is 2022
1 had not been booked 15 days out, so she cancelled it.
9 had booked 15 days out.
- 7 were cancelled
- 2 were completed.

If her post is accurate, the risk of wasting points for 7 out of 9 reservations is not a risk I'm willing to take. I"ll use the donate to charity option before donating to Wyndham.

Reaction score
Thank you for posting! Not a good track record
Anyone have a different experience?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Another friend just found out that only one night of a two night stay rented and how much he'll be getting for the night that did rent. It's enough to cover about 50% of the maintenance fees for that night. So he's 75% in the hole for that reservation.

He had a second reservation that never rented so he's 100% in the hole on that one.

There's a third reservation for this coming summer that 6 of the 7 nights were rented. If the renter cancels even up to the last minute he's out 173k points on that one.

He had them cancel all the other reservations he'd given them.

Extra Holidays renting stays through various other travel sites means there's a time lag in them being notified when the renter cancels. We don't even know if EH finds out that the renter cancelled until after the check in date has passed. That means the owners stays aren't getting relisted and sold to someone else. I can tell you from extensive experience that good last minute stays will often sell within hours to a day or two of being listed.

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to rent over a million points with Extra Holidays last year. From previous experience I made four 3 day reservations at Royal Vista and four 3 day reservations at Clearwater Beach. In 2021, RV and Clearwater rented in the fall season for far more than Bonnet Creek. Of the 24 days I tried to rent, I was able to actually rent 15 days. One reservation was never booked, one was fully booked but cancelled, and three reservations were only rented for 2 of the 3 days All things considered, I was paid $2791.59 for the 24 days I submitted to EH which cost me $8644.32 in maintenance fees or about 32% return on my investment. Very bad deal. To top it off, I tried to rent my Royal Vista and Clearwater reservations in 2023 and EH said they could not rent either of those locations because they are exclusively owner priority for the whole year. So, we officially started the Certified Exit, Limited Edition process today. They recommended that we use all our 2023 points before starting, so I converted them to pay maintenance fees for a grand total of $2100 for a million points. Since we are deeded owners, they said it will probably take about six months to complete the process during which we continue to pay maintenance fees. Eventually, we will get a million points a year for three years with no maintenance fees. But can only reserve at 10 months and my wife or I have to be on the reservations - no guest reservations. Will let you know what it goes, but we are on the way out of Wyndham after about 18 years of watching the benefits erode away.

Reaction score
I have not seen a thread that shows what owners who allow EH to list their reservations are getting paid.

It would be good if this thread could show what owners are getting paid by EH for the number points used for the reservation.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
As long as the renter can cancel on a shorter window than the rentee could, I'm would be out.

Unfair advantage to the house.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I have not seen a thread that shows what owners who allow EH to list their reservations are getting paid.

It would be good if this thread could show what owners are getting paid by EH for the number points used for the reservation.
look at post #7 just above yours.

Reaction score
Yes, agree # 7 is very helpful. Would be great to see others post similar EH transaction details.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
What amazes me is how much better their website is than Wyndham or Worldmark. I guess they invest in it because of the revenue they make and don’t in the others because they have already made the sale with owners.

Last edited:

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score

I don’t think there’s a standard, though please correct me if I am wrong. It seems like what Extra Holidays charges for a room varies by dates and locations, so you likely won’t see a standard answer. I know some places may not command a ton of points but could command a handsome rental fee.

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Midtown 45, Santa Barbara, Avenue Plaza
Not worth it. We own Wyndham. Minimum reservations allowed is 3 days. Did that at a popular beach area over a July 4th weekend thinking it would result in a nice gain. EH only rented out one of the three days. Our net after fees was about $150. Not worth it. If you have points you’re not going to use, you’d be better off rolling points into the next year, paying maintenance fees, give it to family and friends or give it away to the Veterans program. We recently added our kids to our account so at least someone in the family can enjoy it when we can’t.
Had a couple other ones they never rented, I cancelled the reservations and got my points back. Don’t bother. Tried RedWeek, hit or miss. Better to post on eBay or even TUG.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Not worth it. We own Wyndham. Minimum reservations allowed is 3 days. Did that at a popular beach area over a July 4th weekend thinking it would result in a nice gain. EH only rented out one of the three days. Our net after fees was about $150. Not worth it. If you have points you’re not going to use, you’d be better off rolling points into the next year, paying maintenance fees, give it to family and friends or give it away to the Veterans program. We recently added our kids to our account so at least someone in the family can enjoy it when we can’t.
Had a couple other ones they never rented, I cancelled the reservations and got my points back. Don’t bother. Tried RedWeek, hit or miss. Better to post on eBay or even TUG.
Posting on RedWeek, eBay, and TUG puts one at risk of getting the dreaded "commercial use" letter.

troy12n

Reaction score
Some of you complaining about not being able to make money renting your timeshare might have a legitimate complaint if Wyndham Vacation Ownership / Club Wyndham was a program you bought into for the purposes of selling timeshares or renting timeshares, instead of... you know, a timeshare for you to use when on vacation.

Every single one of you bought in before Extra Holidays even existed, and we've beat the dead horse about "not for commercial use" being in the directory for decades, so I kind of chuckle when I see the same bad actors complaining about "losing money" on your vacation ownership...

You knew the music would stop eventually and you would be without a chair, the question was never IF, but WHEN...

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some of you complaining about not being able to make money renting your timeshare might have a legitimate complaint if Wyndham Vacation Ownership / Club Wyndham was a program you bought into for the purposes of selling timeshares or renting timeshares, instead of... you know, a timeshare for you to use when on vacation.

Every single one of you bought in before Extra Holidays even existed, and we've beat the dead horse about "not for commercial use" being in the directory for decades, so I kind of chuckle when I see the same bad actors complaining about "losing money" on your vacation ownership...

You knew the music would stop eventually and you would be without a chair, the question was never IF, but WHEN...
I agree on the issue of commercial sales when it relates to someone going into business. However I think the point is how unequitable the Extra Holidays is. This is an approved way for the owner to offset some MF's or unused points. The owner takes all the risk while Wyndham profits twice off the same product. If they were a more honest company and cared about their owners, there would be more equal distribution of risk/reward. This is one of many reasons why Wyndham is despised by its owners.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
One of the main reasons I was okay with owning over renting is because I'm an hour from Orlando. I will never run into an issue where I can't use up my points since I can just quickly burn through them with Bonnet Creek staycations. I don't think I would have made the same choices if the resorts weren't such easy access for me.

WManning

Reaction score
I agree on the issue of commercial sales when it relates to someone going into business. However I think the point is how unequitable the Extra Holidays is. This is an approved way for the owner to offset some MF's or unused points. The owner takes all the risk while Wyndham profits twice off the same product. If they were a more honest company and cared about their owners, there would be more equal distribution of risk/reward. This is one of many reasons why Wyndham is despised by its owners.
Welcome to the Wyndham world. Then when you exit Wyndham will take back your ownership at a cost of 0/1000. A great deal compared to the exit companies Wyndham describes as unscrupulous. LOL

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
If Wyndham intends to make EH viable, it seems they would need rules that behave differently than rules for owner booked stays. Such as returning cancelled and unused partial week points regardless of when cancelled. Even becomming a ‘points manager’ where owners deposit points for them to manage or take back if not used. They would still need to honor the ‘owners only’ restricted dates to steer clear of owner interests. Or would this upset owners who feel all the inventory should be for owner use only?

Bob

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If Wyndham intends to make EH viable, it seems they would need rules that behave differently than rules for owner booked stays. Such as returning cancelled and unused partial week points regardless of when cancelled. Even becomming a ‘points manager’ where owners deposit points for them to manage or take back if not used. They would still need to honor the ‘owners only’ restricted dates to steer clear of owner interests. Or would this upset owners who feel all the inventory should be for owner use only?

Bob
I’m sure they think it’s viable for them. It’s just another way for them to make money off the owners.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I’m sure they think it’s viable for them. It’s just another way for them to make money off the owners.
But with the success rate as low as it seems, I would think they only get an owner to try it ‘once’. I am thinking you need repeat business to be ‘viable’.

Bob

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham took away the ability to transfer points from one owner to another many years ago. That was a very simple way to at least cover your maintenance fees on excess points that you just can't use for some reason. There was a very simple marketplace for your points without having to make any reservations or being responsible for guests.

troy12n

Reaction score
Wyndham took away the ability to transfer points from one owner to another many years ago. That was a very simple way to at least cover your maintenance fees on excess points that you just can't use for some reason. There was a very simple marketplace for your points without having to make any reservations or being responsible for guests.

Yeah, there's no possible way that could have been exploited... especially with the rampant FRAUD that existed when the credit pool could be exploited like a broken ATM machine to fabricate (read: STEAL) literally millions of points you weren't entitled to...

Wyndham may be stupid, but i'm sure they saw that was a big mistake long ago that even they couldn't turn a blind eye to