• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
is no ability to edit a review once its posted by the poster.

Marcia3641

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, the 2/6mo membership renewal awards are still in effect.

there is a note in every single renewal email reminding users how to cash them in.

Does the note tell you if you have renewal awards? I recently renewed my membership and I don't recall it saying I had any renewal awards and I've submitted reviews.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does the note tell you if you have renewal awards? I recently renewed my membership and I don't recall it saying I had any renewal awards and I've submitted reviews.

It doesn't. You have to keep track of these things on your own. When you get the renewal e-mail, just reply to indicate you want to extend membership with renewal credits. It would be good if there was somewhere that we could see how many credits we have at any given time.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
nothing more is required other than you to reply to the renewal email and say "please extend me with reviews"

you dont have to list them for us, you dont have to plead your case...we take care of it all =)

you can click your "resort review history" link within the tug2.com member homepage to view all the TUG reviews you have submitted.

Marcia3641

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
nothing more is required other than you to reply to the renewal email and say "please extend me with reviews"

you dont have to list them for us, you dont have to plead your case...we take care of it all =)

you can click your "resort review history" link within the tug2.com member homepage to view all the TUG reviews you have submitted.

Is there somewhere where I can see if I've ever used any of my credits and/or how many credits I have as I have over 10 reviews posted and honestly I'm not sure I ever used the credits to extend my membership.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
welcome to email me at tug@tug2.net and ill be happy to look it up for you!

note if you have been extended, you would have gotten an email notification of the extension!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its no problem, there are plans to expand this significantly in the future with the new site and all. hopefully itll become far more popular! Id also like for folks to be able to link their own review history in their bbs profile to share with everyone! (if you want to anywya)

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Problem posting a review

Hi Brian,
I wrote a review and am having trouble posting it. I saw where the resort said "Review Award Available". I clicked on that and it took me to this page:

http://www.tug2.net/resortreviewaward.htm

I saw two clickables. One which would take me to this thread and the other saying Review Submission Award. When I hovered over that clickable, it showed in a pop-up at the bottom left of my screen that the address was http://www.tug2.com/RnR/RateAndReviewResort.aspx

However, that link didn't work. Instead it took me to the page: http://www.tug2.com/Home.aspx

So I ended up essentially where I started. I'm a slow learner so I did this at least two times. :hysterical:

Can you comment on why I'm having problems?

Thanks, Brian.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, I need to update that review page badly...with the beginning of the year and the new site rollout...(and me being sick) im slammed with to-dos!

you dont need to submit the review through the review award page to get credit for the review.

just browse to the resort in question here:

http://tug2.com/BrowseResorts.aspx?Top TUG Resorts&top=TUG

once there, click "write a review" and it will let you submit it for that resort right then and there.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
update...I edited the page to reflect the info I posted above.

also we should indeed have a "Write a review" page that folks can just go to from anywhere, vs having to navigate to the resort (an extra step)...so ill add that to the todo list.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Thanks Brian,

I was able to post the review by going to the resort page and then searching the bar on the left.

Previously I had intuitively (?) clicked on "Review Award Available" thinking that it would take me to the write a review page.

In the previous version of the review section I kind of remember that it was easier to find the "write a review" section.

Thanks for the feedback. It worked.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought i wrote a review of Nautical Watch Beach Resort, but I am not seeing it. would like to verify it was received.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Brian,

I was able to post the review by going to the resort page and then searching the bar on the left.

Previously I had intuitively (?) clicked on "Review Award Available" thinking that it would take me to the write a review page.

In the previous version of the review section I kind of remember that it was easier to find the "write a review" section.

Thanks for the feedback. It worked.

its avail at the top dropdown of any tug2.com page under "resorts and reviews"

its also on the top left of the main tug2.com page (it used to be at the top left of all review pages, but i see its missing...have to get that back).

I went ahead and updated the link on the review award page to go directly to the start of writing a review, thanks for the feedback!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought i wrote a review of Nautical Watch Beach Resort, but I am not seeing it. would like to verify it was received.

I see the review was submitted, just hasnt been published yet...ill log in here shortly and take care of it for you.

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my review of HDM Cabo today as well.

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, is there a way to edit my review before or after its published?
I would like to add a few more details.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we can edit a review yes, do you want to just add a paragraph? email the corrections to tug@tug2.net and ill paste them in for you.

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG membership expiration date?

Hi! Where can I find my TUG membership expiration date? I don't see it in my CP --
:confused:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Hi! Where can I find my TUG membership expiration date? I don't see it in my CP --
:confused:
The BBS User Control Panel reflects your Bulletin Board registration. Log into your TUG Member Account for your TUG Membership info.

www.tug2.com

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I visited Marco Island Resort and club, as we were visiting next door, I got to see the units, the grounds and find out some information. would you want me to write it up as a review if i didn't stay there.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I visited Marco Island Resort and club, as we were visiting next door, I got to see the units, the grounds and find out some information. would you want me to write it up as a review if i didn't stay there.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't. I would think the more reviewed the better as long as you have meaningful input that you could provide. Just be sure to indicate that you didn't stay and it was a day visit.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just curious, is there a limitation of 1 year to extend membership using review credits? I submitted many this past year, most saying reward available, can't figure out the math unless it's limited to a 1 year extension using review credits.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, we only ever extend you one year for free...but you can extend year after year with your reviews...they dont expire.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
yes, we only ever extend you one year for free...but you can extend year after year with your reviews...they dont expire.
Oops! Just saw this. I have done 8 reviews this year alone. So I just keep replying back each year and say “ please use my review credits” ?