• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Extend Reservation After Checkin?

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm booked for 4 days at HGVC LV Strip in July. My wife is indulging me in a longtime dream of mine -- I'm going to enter one of the WSOP (World Series of Poker) events. The 4 days should be enough for this particular event. However, in the unlikely event that I make it to the final table, I may need to extend my stay by an extra day.

It looks like the Strip location isn't heavily booked during this time; and if I need to extend it, it would be for a Tuesday night, which should be uncrowded. So there should be room.

I booked this online via a changeable reservation. The question is, does 'changeable' mean that I can extend it by an extra day after I've already checked in? Can I do it just before I'm scheduled to check out?

Thanks.

-Bob

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
According to the HGVC rep I spoke with you can only change prior to check-in to extend the reservation. This was confirmed by a supervisor at the call center.

The supervisor said they may be able to add additional days through the resort directly if there is inventory and the resort cooperates, but they may also charge a $49 fee as an additional reservation.

I also had an interest in this answer as I'm planning on extending one of my stays in August and this may be the only way to do it.

HGVC 1-800-932-4482

Last edited:

janckenn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Grand Waikikian x1
HGVC West 57th Street x2,
HGVC Flamingo x2,
HC The District x1
HGVC member since 2007
I extended my stay after I checked in at the HGVC at Seaworld during the middle of June. They charged me Open Season rate for the extra nite. The front desk staff is usually pretty friendly about helping out an HGVC owner.

Good luck at poker! Keep us updated on your success in the tournament.

jestme

Reaction score
If you make it to the final table, affording the extra night shouldn't be a problem. .. Best of luck to you.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. Bummer that I can't just extend the reservation. Hopefully, HGVC will let me stay. If not, there should be lots of open hotel space on a Tuesday night. And Vegas is cheap mid-week.

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm booked for 4 days at HGVC LV Strip in July. My wife is indulging me in a longtime dream of mine -- I'm going to enter one of the WSOP (World Series of Poker) events.

Good luck!

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck at poker! Keep us updated on your success in the tournament.

If you make it to the final table, affording the extra night shouldn't be a problem. .. Best of luck to you.

Good luck!

I made it through Day 1A so far. This event is so large, they split Day 1 into two days, with half playing on Saturday, half on Sunday. They winnow it down to 15% of the entrants each day. Day 2 starts on Monday, with 15% left. So I get tomorrow off, to hang by the pool. The tournament should finish on Tuesday, Day3, though it could go into Day 4 on Wednesday.

At any rate, I'm in the final 15% right now. They pay 10% of the places, so I'm getting close. What a blast! Wish me luck!

-Bob, aka "Blues"

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Sounds like you are having a blast. Good luck in the rest of the tournament!

Kurt

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Go get 'em Bob. The rest of us are all wishing our wives would let us do it too...

That's the great part. My wife doesn't just "let" me, she's the one who suggested it as an advance birthday present. She's the one encouraging my bucket list. Indeed, she suggested I enter into the $10K main event, but I vetoed that. I don't want to invest that much until I get a little more practice at these major events.

I've got a real keeper there! :D

-Bob

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's the great part. My wife doesn't just "let" me, she's the one who suggested it as an advance birthday present. She's the one encouraging my bucket list. Indeed, she suggested I enter into the $10K main event, but I vetoed that. I don't want to invest that much until I get a little more practice at these major events.

I've got a real keeper there! :D

-Bob

Good luck Bob.
Did you go to the HGVC front desk asking possibility for extend the stay? They usually are very nice in helping the owner.

Let us know how you are doing in the next step.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone. I ended up in 312th place, out of 4680 entries (or thereabouts). They paid 468 places, so I made the money! Got paid $2347 for a $1000 entry. WooHoo!

But I won't need the extended stay after all. We'll go home in the AM.

Good luck Bob.
Did you go to the HGVC front desk asking possibility for extend the stay? They usually are very nice in helping the owner.

They were willing to give me a 1BR for $129/nt. I guess that's a discount from the rental (to the public) rate, but it's certainly more than the Open Season rate of $80 for a weeknight. That didn't sound too generous to me. I had decided that if I made Day 3 in the tournament, I'd move to the Rio, where the WSOP is held. I could have gotten a suite at the WSOP player rate of $89. And I'd be right at the tournament location.

-Bob

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
Congrats on the winnings! It's always nice when they pay you to have fun :)

janckenn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Grand Waikikian x1
HGVC West 57th Street x2,
HGVC Flamingo x2,
HC The District x1
HGVC member since 2007
Congrats on your success! Thanks for keeping us updated. No place like Vegas!