• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Expiring Wyndham Points

leeomo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased resale Wyndham Points from the TUG market place. The deeds were submitted to Wyndham the end of October and first week of November respectively. I was told it takes 4-6 weeks to process the transfer. I told them we have 2015 points due to expire. I thought I would get some sympathy and get them to do a rush process. Not the case, however, I was told that there have been times when the points were reinstated after expiring due to the lengthy transfer process. Therein lies the big question ! Trust what was told to me by the Title/Ownership dept at Wyndham or have the owners deposit the points with RCI ? I was also told by Wyndham/RCI if the Sellers deposited the points with Wyndham /RCI, once I have an account # the Seller just simply call there and request the points be placed in my account. I am hoping to get feedback on the accuracy of the information received thus far. Thanks, TUG family in advance.:wave:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased resale Wyndham Points from the TUG market place. The deeds were submitted to Wyndham the end of October and first week of November respectively. I was told it takes 4-6 weeks to process the transfer. I told them we have 2015 points due to expire. I thought I would get some sympathy and get them to do a rush process. Not the case, however, I was told that there have been times when the points were reinstated after expiring due to the lengthy transfer process. Therein lies the big question ! Trust what was told to me by the Title/Ownership dept at Wyndham or have the owners deposit the points with RCI ? I was also told by Wyndham/RCI if the Sellers deposited the points with Wyndham /RCI, once I have an account # the Seller just simply call there and request the points be placed in my account. I am hoping to get feedback on the accuracy of the information received thus far. Thanks, TUG family in advance.:wave:

I don't know how they can reinstate 2015 points in 2016, unless they give you equivalent 2016 points. I don't know what their incentive would be to do this for a resale buyer. Not saying they are lying, I just don't understand why they would do it. I'll follow other responses here with interest.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
I would not expect sympathy from Wyndham, or any attempt to speed up the transfer of a resale contract. Nor would I expect any lost points to be reinstated simply because it transferred after the first of the year. When someone says unusually long, I would expect that to be considerably more than 2 months after Wyndham received the correct paperwork. So in your case, I would not have expected to be able to use those points. When you buy resale, you need to go into it knowing what to expect as far as timing and the possibility of losing points because the transfer didn't occur quickly enough.

Do you really have someplace you expect to be able to make a last minute reservation that you can use before this year ends? I would expect most desirable reservations to be gone, especially during the Christmas and New Year weeks.

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What you are dealing with is very time sensitive.

As you have found out, you are now at the mercy of Wyndham and their business practices. Do not expect any special consideration from Wyndham.

If they do get the title work completed in time you will have very little time to find and set-up a reservation so a good outcome in that regard is something you should not count on.

When you signed your contract of purchase you should have established a contingency clause in your purchase contract to establish exactly how you would get use of the 2015 points.

With hindsight we now know that the only probable good outcome is the Seller (when asked) can immediately deposit the 2015 points into the Seller's RCI account and (assuming the Seller and RCI cooperate) you can follow up with the Seller and ask that the Seller transfer those points to your (to be established RCI account.)

Good Luck and welcome to the Community.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not count on getting 2016 points added to your account to balance 2015 points expiring---Wyndham can't just make them up out of thin air, they'd have to give them to you out of inventory they own.

I'd have the seller deposit them to their RCI account, and explore a transfer later. How many points are we talking about? Note that there is a transfer fee for moving RCI deposits from one account to another. RCI may or may not waive that for a sale; I do not know. It is about $100, give or take. So, if we're talking about a significant number of points, that could still be worth it.