• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Experience with Platinum Property Exchange out there

Kemosabe

TUG Member
Reaction score
This business is in Las Vegas and is involved with selling, buying and renting of timeshares and RV campgrounds.

Thank you in advance for pros and cons on their performance.

tommyboy

Reaction score
Platinum Property Exchange of Las Vegas

Has anyone ever listed a timeshare property for sale with Platinum Property Exchange of Las Vegas, and what was your experience?
I would very much like to sell my Mayan time share property. I have paid listing fees with other sales companies and had zero results. Several other of these companies have solicited our business, including Platinum P E, but I am very skeptical. Platinum sounds a little different, but before I give them $500 I feel the need to check up on them.
Thanks for any information anyone might have on this company.

jdb0822

Reaction score
#1. NEVER pay an upfront fee to anyone or any company to sell or rent your timeshare.

#2. There are a few reputable sites, (redweek, myresortnetwork, TUG) to name a few that charge a small fee, usually around $20 or so to list your timeshare.

#3. NEVER pay an upfront fee to anyone or any company to sell or rent your timeshare, no exceptions.

Any company that wants a large listing fee is a scam. There are NO exceptions to this rule.

They take the money and do nothing. To sell your timeshare, see #2 or list it on Ebay.

Keep in mind most timeshares DO NOT go up in value, many go down in value, up to 95% off of what you paid for it.

anyone that tells you they can "get top dollar" for your timeshare is a scammer.

hillm

Reaction score
I thought they sounded a little different too but I want to do some more research. It does seem odd to me that they wanted $500 from you and they asked me for $250. That kind of makes me wonder. Also they seem to want to make a deal with me very quickly. I hope you get some answers from people that have dealt with them so that we will know one way or another.

jdb0822

Reaction score
from the sounds of it, they are 100% a scam. You probably won't find anyone here with positive comments about them since they are an upfront fee outfit.

These type places change there names every few years, to escape the bad press on the net about them.

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a song from "My Fair Lady" where the words go something like --

"I have often been down this street before......."

Again -- the marvelous coincidence of a first time poster just coincidently having sold a timeshare through an upfront company that coincidently is a topic of discussion on TUG.

I coincidently am getting a migraine.

PS -- In case you are wondering rbenjamin has now edited out his coincidental, yet marvelous, experience with the Platinum People.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What i think about Platinum Property Exchange

I have listed my property twice. The first time was with Timeshares Only and the second time was with Platinum Property Exchange. I was a little weary about paying another company after being ripped off by Timeshares Only. I paid them $800 to list my property and never heard from them again. After that I didnt want to list my timeshare ever again. I was just going to donate it so at least I wouldnt have to keep paying maintenance fees. Then I got a call from Platinum Property Exchange and they insisted that they were different. I wanted to trust them so bad but after being ripped off but I told them that I wanted to do some research first and they offered to send me their business license and gave me their website information. I checked them out and after talking to my fiance, we decided to give it a chance. I REALLLY didnt want to hahaha.... but they told me that they would get it sold and get my money back from Timeshares Only. After a couple months they got it sold and now they are working on getting my money back from Timeshares Only. I had to lower my price a little bit but I still got more than I thought I would and made my money back so I didnt take that much of a loss after all. I have to say, I'm never going to buy another timeshare again! But if someone asked me what company they should use, I would say they did a good job. I would definitely refer Platinum Property Exchange.

( I know this is my first time posting something but a friend of mine saw this blog thing and told me about it since i used this company. i wanted to wait until my property sold so i would say the right thing)

Last edited:

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I listed my property through Timeshares R Us and they took my money. Then I listed my timeshare with Bronze property liquidaters and once again I was fleeced. I never wanted to list my week for sale again with anyone. Then the heavens parted and Platypus Property Exchange appeared to me.

Platypus Property Exchange got my upfront money back from Timeshares R Us with interest, they got me a million dollars from Bronze property liquidators, they made the developer refund the original sale price to me even though I purchased resale, then they sold my blue week studio in a non rated resort for more than my house cost me, they redecorated my house, gave me a makeover, and they filed my taxes and got me a big refund.

If only I was smart enough to have found them on my first post like others did..........

Last edited:

tarabell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done business with this guy Bernie Madoff in New York? All my friends in Palm Beach tell me he is getting them fantastic returns and almost never loses any money. I know it seems to good to be true, but I keep hearing about it over and over again. You know what, I'm going to give him a try. That many people can't be wrong:whoopie: :wave: :D

jdb0822

Reaction score
always nice when the upfront scam company shill's appear here on tug touting how great the company is and blah, blah, blah.

without exception, ALL upfront fee timeshare companies are scams.

Here's a few things to ponder.

#1. when you sell your house, do you pay an UPFRONT fee? nope, they get a commision at the end of it.

#2. Would you pay anyone $800 to list your car for sale? nope.

the list goes on, but you get the idea. Ignore the shills.

jdb0822

Reaction score
You should always check a company out before doing business with them, Although I did do business with Platinum Property Exchange and waited and waited for atleast 3 months before they sold my timeshare at Vistana Orlando for 28k. These timeshares are a waste of hard earned money and I will never buy one again.

Obviously a shill. To all, please ignore this post.

Never, EVER, pay an upfront fee, period. You will not get 28K or some other dream price that they claim to promise you.

You've been warned.

mrdy4u53

Reaction score
thank you thank you thank you

Finally a real honest and helpful company they did everything they said sold my timeshare and just sold my moms as well after being ripped off 3 times by flordia based people I got my timeshare sold Im so greatful!!! thank you thank you thank you

CER41

Reaction score
Strange that Tammy56 waited for 3 months to get her timeshare sold by Platinum Property Exchange, since BBB reports that they have been in business in Las Vegas since December 2008.

tsp001

Reaction score
This place is bad news!

I have been ripped off twice before, getting my money back one of those times. I was contacted by PPE recently. They told me they have been in business 7 years. A little research on the Nevada Secretary of State website showed that they incorporated in December of 2008! I read on this list that someone thought they were the same operation as ESCAPE TO PARADISE in California, which happens to one of the companies that tried to rip me off. A quick business entity search of both companies on the Nevada/California Secretary of state websites reveals that they are owned and operated by the SAME PERSON, even though they claimed to have never heard of Escape to Paradise! Beware! They took me once, and tried to do it again under another name! When confronted with these facts, they said "Enjoy your timeshare!" and hung up! These guys will LIE TO YOU AND RIP YOU OFF! A little research can save a lot of money!

Caboscubaguy

Reaction score
PPE

I was just contacted by John Goldstein Las Vegas NV, they e-mailed me the business lic. dated Dec 2008 but he told me they had been in business for 4 years, and were Christian owned. He promised he could sell my (bi annual) timeshare in Cabo for $28900. I asked him how he could do that when we paid under $13000, he said they market to millionaires who want them as a business tax write off and every conversation ends with " would you like to put that on visa or MasterCard?" the fee they want is $299.00 and John calls me every day even Sundays, I keep blowing him off while I check them out. The BBB in vegas gives them a c+ rating because they don't have enough info on them. They already sound fishy enough for me not to give them my money just from what I have read here.

Thanks much

Caboscubaguy

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Run, run away...

I was just contacted by John Goldstein Las Vegas NV, they e-mailed me the business lic. dated Dec 2008 but he told me they had been in business for 4 years, and were Christian owned. He promised he could sell my (bi annual) timeshare in Cabo for $28900. I asked him how he could do that when we paid under $13000, he said they market to millionaires who want them as a business tax write off and every conversation ends with " would you like to put that on visa or MasterCard?" the fee they want is $299.00 and John calls me every day even Sundays, I keep blowing him off while I check them out. The BBB in vegas gives them a c+ rating because they don't have enough info on them. They already sound fishy enough for me not to give them my money just from what I have read here.

The fact that these parasites (..or any other one like them...) wants any amount of money "up front" is all you really need to know before promptly sprinting in the opposite direction.

A BBB "rating" is absolutely meaningless anyhow. These types of parasites routinely change their names. As soon as they amass any amount of negative input against them, they quietly disappear, pay a new BBB membership fee under a different name (which the BBB happily and immediately accepts without question or hesitation) and, VOILA --- they reappear, reinvented with a brand new name and a "clean" BBB slate.

ALL "upfront fee" outfits are the slimiest form of pond scum. Do yourself a big personal favor and have nothing whatsoever to do with any of them.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm signing up RIGHT NOW!

I listed my property through Timeshares R Us and they took my money. Then I listed my timeshare with Bronze property liquidaters and once again I was fleeced. I never wanted to list my week for sale again with anyone. Then the heavens parted and Platypus Property Exchange appeared to me.

Platypus Property Exchange got my upfront money back from Timeshares R Us with interest, they got me a million dollars from Bronze property liquidators, they made the developer refund the original sale price to me even though I purchased resale, then they sold my blue week studio in a non rated resort for more than my house cost me, they redecorated my house, gave me a makeover, and they filed my taxes and got me a big refund.

If only I was smart enough to have found them on my first post like others did..........

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I'm so glad that I was lucky enough to find this post; I am truly blessed.
I too felt in my heart that the guys at Platypus were really on the level.
I'm signing up right now and I'm going to voluntarily pay them, up front, TWICE what they are asking for; I know that they really deserve it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

333hrl

Reaction score
1,000,000 can't believe it

Maybe i read this wrong but you got 1 mil. back from a timeshare company? Ha Ha...good job

Last edited:

Glenn G

Reaction score
Could be screwed....

Well folks, I maybe the one you will all call a dummy but for trial sakes I'm going to try this company. I already gave them $150 to list my property for sale and they just called asking for another $150 to list it for rent. The only reason I am doing this is because they say they have someone whom wants to rent the property for $1600 next week. They said that I will see the check by the middle of the week and all I have to do is give them $150... I guess we will see what happens...

For your info, I am just a dumb ass who purchased one of these things... Not anything else but that...

More to come...

Last edited:

TVinLV06

Reaction score
Summer and her CA phone number

I read on this list that someone thought they were the same operation as ESCAPE TO PARADISE in California, which happens to one of the companies that tried to rip me off. A quick business entity search of both companies on the Nevada/California Secretary of state websites reveals that they are owned and operated by the SAME PERSON, even though they claimed to have never heard of Escape to Paradise! Beware!

This completely jives with the fact that a young woman named Summer called me offering to list my Tahiti Village timeshare for only $175 up front advertising fee. She told me they are in Las Vegas and have more then 40 employees working there. She sent me information via email as I asked and the following Monday she calls me from a 949 number which a reverse directory listing shows as being the number for Lyndy A Kano of Irvine, CA 92618. Not exactly Las Vegas. A quick look at the address on Mapquest's Aerial View shows this is an apartment complex. She called from home! A little more research found a lot of personal information about her that I will not share. Maybe I know a little too much about her now. But it's always a good idea to know as much as possible about someone you are thinking of doing business with.

I didn't answer the call but called back a few minutes later. Some guy answered it after about 8 rings simply saying "Hello?" I said "I apparently missed a call from this number" and he asked me to hold a sec. He came back and said it was Summer and she would be with me in a moment. I didn't stay on the line and honestly do not expect to hear back from them again as they now know I have a phone number and address. At least if they have half a brain between them they will figure that out.

The literature they emailed me says "Platinum Properties Exchange employees and ownership have over 100 years of combined timeshare experience" Not bad for a company that only incorporated November 26, 2008. Even a company founded by senior industry members striking out on their own would never claim that. By the way, they are listed as having only 2 employees, Summer sounds 26 if she is a day. She must be working with someone who is well over 100 to make up the difference in years of experience.

And two last comments regarding their marketing venue, their web site. I looked on their web site, found they have listed more then 20 units for Tahiti Village where I own. The prices for sale are all over the map from as low as $13,000 to as high as over $30,000. I thought at first this represented the difference in kinds of ownership, but found this not to be so. If I were going to buy, why would I contact the seller with the higher price when I could get the same thing for half? Not like you are buying any specific suite or or week in the resort, simply time.

The other thing about their web site is it is registered through a proxy service. No ones name from the company is provided in the whois listing for this site. It is hosted by GoDaddy.com and could be there today and gone tomorrow. That makes me very leery about them.

So do I think they are a scam. Yes, but aside from the comments provided in the other posts and my own investigation, I have no proof of this. I will be very curious to learn the results of Glen G to see how he makes out. Please do keep us posted Glen.

Last edited:

acuchics

TUG Member
Reaction score
Platypus, Please call me back I really hate my money!

I just wanted to say that yesterday "Ted" from Platypus called me and tried the anxious real quick lets get this deal done type of phone call with me because someone wants to rent our very specific timeshare. He started the call with " Well Tahiti Village asked us to call you regarding selling your timeshare" I said really they asked you to call us? After I asked him for there website info and told him that I would be calling TV to verify this info, somehow I'm sure by some fluke the line went dead.
Dangit anyways!:deadhorse:

tiger84

Reaction score
John Goldstein called me also and gave me the same story. Also said they sold to wealthy people who wanted timeshares for tax write-off. I talked to several people at their listed ph. numbers and they seemed legitimate but I have been burned before so very skeptical. Goldstein starting quoting bible verses and talking about how much of a Christian man he was and he could not rip anybody off. He wanted to sell a $13,000 TS for $33,000. He even gave me a person to call who was a probable buyer and I could not tell if they were legitimate either.

Lee B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Somebody call them and say, "I'm a very wealthy person who wants to buy a timeshare for more than it's worth as a tax write-off. I'm looking for a Christian who will find a seller for, say, $30,000. Can you help me out?"

Reaction score
Consumer Alert!

Consumer Alert!

Platinum Interchange is aware of a possible consumer fraud issue/telemarketing scam concerning the company Platinum Property Exchange and Platinum Properties (“PPE” and “PP” both operate as one company). Over the past month, we have been contacted by various Platinum Interchange customers and non-customers inquiring about PPE and PP expressing concerns such as: 1) Is PPE and PP affiliated with Platinum Interchange, because they are implying this, 2) Is Platinum Interchange offering a new program under the name PPE and PP, and 3) Who are PPE and PP and why are they contacting me? We want to bring this to the attention of timeshare consumers since we operate as an Exchange and Rental Company (since 1979) in the timeshare industry and are concerned about timeshare owners possibly being taken advantage of.

First, Platinum Interchange is in no way affiliated, associated with, subsidiaries of, etc. with PPE and PP. Platinum Interchange does not support nor endorse PPE and PP. Thanks to the owners who contacted Platinum Interchange about PPE and PP. Most of these owners were timeshare owners in Florida, Nevada and Pennsylvania. PPE and PP’s representatives are contacting timeshare owners and offering to sell/rent their timeshares for a one-time, up-front fee of $499 (price can vary). Platinum Interchange is continuing to investigate the operations and practices of both PPE and PP. To date, Platinum Interchange has learned that both PPE and PP are not licensed real estate agents yet they are offering to sell timeshares. Both PPE and PP are also using two business addresses in Las Vegas, Nevada on their printed marketing materials, yet they do not appear to have physical businesses at either location. Also, certain PPE and PP representatives, Elaine and Sean, are claiming they are affiliated/associated with Platinum Interchange and Platinum Interchange affiliated companies- this is not factual and clearly a fraudulent misrepresentation by PPE and PP.

Platinum Interchange was established in 1979 and offers a wide array of vacation services to timeshare owners/vacation interval owners, resort developers and vacation ownership resort associations. We focus on vacation Exchanges, vacation Rentals, owner rentals (at select participating resorts) and various other travel services. Platinum Interchange not only services the timeshare industry, but we are consumer advocates for timeshare owners and take any possible consumer fraud, telemarketing scam, and the like seriously. Again, thank you to the owners who contacted us and made use aware of PPE and PP. The information these owners provided to us on PPE and PP has greatly assisted us in investigating their operations and practices expeditiously. To read more about Platinum Interchange’s business and operations, please click here: http://www.platinuminterchange.com/website/about.asp.

In the meantime, here are some suggested resources owners may utilize to protect their interests:
A. Fraud: Fraud by Internet, telephone, and mail is a serious issue. If a scam artist has contacted you or if you’ve been defrauded, consider contacting the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftc.gov or call 1-877-FTC-HELP. The FTC can gather evidence, identify fraud trends and alert law enforcement throughout the U.S., Canada, and abroad. By reporting your experience, you can prevent others from becoming victims and, hopefully, put an end to fraud. Remember, scammers only want your money.
B. Your choice to receive telemarketing calls at home and on your cellular phones. Consider registering your residence telephone number(s) and cellular telephone numbers on the National Do-Not-Call Registry. To register by phone, call 1-888-382-1222 (you must call from the phone number you wish to register). Also, you may register Online at www.donotcall.gov. .

C. When a questionable person/company contacts you, ask for: name of the company(ies), the state and city it does business in, is it registered with the Secretary of State, business entity department in that State (under what entity name and filing number), are they licensed real estate agents (if doing resales), what’s the physical, corporate headquarters of their company, what’s their establishment date, how many employees do they have, to mail you printed company materials, and anything else to assist you in understanding the nature of the company’s business.
Verify information through the Attorney General’s Office, Consumer Protection Division, in the state where they do business. You can get information about the Attorney General’s Office by searching Online or call Information for the telephone number for the Attorney General’s Office in the state you need. Typically, the Attorney General’s Office has a complaint for you can complete Online or print it from their website and mail it in. If you believe there’s a consumer protection issue, it’s suggested you file a complaint (read about Consumer Fraud on the Attorney General’s Office’s website). .

Furthermore, it’s recommend the following be considered:
1. Do NOT pay “up-front” fees to anyone offering to sell your timeshare.
2. Do NOT give anyone you’re unfamiliar with your credit card number or other personal info.
3. Ask as many questions as you need. Save any information you’ve been sent and when in doubt, call the above sources and provide them with all the information you’ve gathered.

Again, thank you to the timeshare owners who contacted us. Your assistance has been greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: