• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging into Wyndham Cypress Palms

SamH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested in exchanging into Wyndham Cypress Palms but have a question about the exchange. I have both an RCI weeks and points account. According to RCI, this resort is a points resort. I can see available units using my weeks account (using a non-Wyndham week) but cannot see any units using my points account, even if I search only for this resort.

I guess my question is why can't I see units at this resort using my points account if this is a points resort?

Thanks for your help.

Sam

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Points, Shmoynts.

According to RCI, this resort is a points resort.
When they gave us the sales pitch there last January, they were pushing Wyndham FairShare Plus Points, not RCI Points. And the 2 kinds of timeshare points are not the same, even though Wyndham timeshares & RCI have the same corporate parent. Go figure.

BTW, our January 2008 week at Wyndham Cypress Palms was via RCI Last Call, which leads me to believe that it's not a difficult exchange. (Not in off-season times, anyhow.) In any case, we had a nice time. Our impressions are written up for posterity in the TUG Resort Reviews section.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
They were deposit to week side, since a lot of member is using RCI week to make exchange.

Jya-Ning

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We have enjoyed this resort, the times we've stayed there . . . and yes it is an easy RCI/weeks exchange. I have seen it online through RCI many times over the course of many weeks/months.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess my question is why can't I see units at this resort using my points account if this is a points resort?

Sam

I don't exactly know.

Whyndham resorts, although classified as points resorts for some purposes, deposits seem to be on the weeks side.

Using an RCI points account you can see them on the weeks side.