• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange to Samoset in Rockport, Maine

webdizzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone using the credits system (not points) ever been able to get an exchange to Rockport Maine or anywhere on the main coast?

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Do you mean TPU's? If that's what you mean, then yes, I've done that through RCI. Once for me several years ago for April break, and once for my parents in October. Both were 2 BR's at Samoset. We've also stayed at Trade Winds in Rockland. Not nearly as posh, but you can't beat the location. We've stayed there in the winter with RCI extra vacations.

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
We traded our week through RCI for a week at Samoset in early September 2016. As in the previous post, you can't beat the location. About ten years prior we exchanged to Misty Harbor in Wells Maine, also in September, an easier trade, but not quite as enjoyable.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It was years ago but I was able to for April/Raster week.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Coastal Maine during prime summer months is typically hard with either RCI or II.
Shoulder season is a bit easier, off season should not be an issue.
I did get Harbor Ridge the last week in August a couple years back with an II AC.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi I stayed 2x with weeks exchange and had a 2BR and a1 BR .loved the area and units were very nice, right on golf course .

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I lucked into a last-minute July exchange, found it online in the middle of a sleepless night lol. We really enjoyed it even though the unit we got was in the lower level with no view (blocked by foliage). Loved the location and would go back, even if we got stuck into the same unit.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
The 2 resorts closest to the main National Park are both II affiliated, so RCI points is not an option.

webdizzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you mean TPU's? If that's what you mean, then yes, I've done that through RCI. Once for me several years ago for April break, and once for my parents in October. Both were 2 BR's at Samoset. We've also stayed at Trade Winds in Rockland. Not nearly as posh, but you can't beat the location. We've stayed there in the winter with RCI extra vacations.

No, I mean credits. I own at Calypso Cay and we are given credits to use for exchanging to other resorts. I believe its similar to points. I can use them to exchange to anywhere as long as I have enough credits. I have membership with RCI.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I mean credits. I own at Calypso Cay and we are given credits to use for exchanging to other resorts. I believe its similar to points. I can use them to exchange to anywhere as long as I have enough credits. I have membership with RCI.

We own at Samoset, where all weeks are "fixed" weeks (no "flex" weeks, no "points" ownerships). Two out of the three buildings have only Friday to Friday weeks, whereas all weeks in Building III are Saturday to Saturday only. Samoset is affiliated with both II and RCI.

Samoset weeks "in season" are generally either used or very easily rented out by their owners (i.e., seldom "deposited for exchange"). It's something of a rarity to find any "trade" availability at Samoset outside of very late autumn, winter, or very early Spring --- none of which tend to have particularly desirable weather (...to say the least) in mid-coast Maine.

Sideline observations aside, I am unclear how "Calypso Cay credits" (...whatever they might be) could or would get you an exchange into Samoset Resort in any season --- regardless of available space. I dunno for certain, but color me dubious. :ponder:

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I've only seen a Samoset trade on RCI for me in the Winter.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
A very quick look at the web site for Calypso Cay gives me the impression that the "credits" OP is asking about are through a corporate portal to RCI similar to the Wyndham one or any other resort system that has their own credit/point system with a separate valuation for exchanges. Purely conjecture on my part, of course. There can be differences in the availability of resorts for different corporate portals to RCI; for example, I can book a 2 BR week at Sirena del Mar through the Wyndham corporate portal using my Wyndham account, but cannot through either my RCI weeks account or my RCI points account. I suspect that the availability is better through Wyndham because they own RCI, but it might be possible that Calypso Cay has some preferential treatments. Otherwise, the possibility of trading using the Calypso Cay credits is probably on par with the rest of the folks trying to trade into there through RCI.

With respect to Samoset Resort, I see 91 weeks available between now and April 2022 through all three, generally between November and April with a few October weeks in 2021. You would have to actually try it and see if there is availability with credits yourself as I haven't seen any postings using that system.

stevenh21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Flagstaff, Wyndham Fairfield Plantation, Harbortown Point(Ventura, CA)
I made a reservation to Samoset in June of 2019 for a 1 BR there for mid June of 2021. This was thru RCI weeks for 28 TPUs. We traded to Ogunquit a few years ago in April. Drove through a huge snowstorm on way up to Bar Harbor to finish the trip.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a reservation to Samoset in June of 2019 for a 1 BR there for mid June of 2021. This was thru RCI weeks for 28 TPUs. We traded to Ogunquit a few years ago in April. Drove through a huge snowstorm on way up to Bar Harbor to finish the trip.
It's a nice resort with a golf course. We enjoyed it but I'm talking back in the late 90s , early 2000. We were there in April and early May and it was spring but jacket weather. We traded thru RCI with weeks. I know it's a long time ago but it was very enjoyable in both occasions. LL bean store is a good day trip too.

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just confirmed into Samoset one bedroom for May 28, 2021 for 26 TPU's. I believe all the units have been refurbished within the last year or two.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I was just confirmed into Samoset one bedroom for May 28, 2021 for 26 TPU's. I believe all the units have been refurbished within the last year or two.

Me too! See you there!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We just stayed there two years ago. We loved the units. We had a 2 bedroom, just in case one of the kids wanted to stay with us. Our master bedroom was on the bottom level, and we had a nice ocean view. So the unit we had was two stories. The top level had twin beds and a bathroom, the bottom floor had the same exact bathroom, and the king bed. It was super comfortable. Loved our stay and want to go back again, but maybe we would stay at another Maine resort. I would have to research a bit. If anyone has some suggestions, let me know. I primarily exchange through II.

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Harbor Ridge 3 years ago and it was nice but I'm thinking Samoset is nicer... at least by the pictures I am seeing on their website.

I'm just hoping we can tolerate the black flies since we will be there in the middle of their biting season. At least the resort is on the coast and shouldn't be quite as bad as inland.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We own at Samoset, where all weeks are "fixed" weeks (no "flex" weeks, no "points" ownerships). Two out of the three buildings have only Friday to Friday weeks, whereas all weeks in Building III are Saturday to Saturday only. Samoset is affiliated with both II and RCI.

Samoset weeks "in season" are generally either used or very easily rented out by their owners (i.e., seldom "deposited for exchange"). It's something of a rarity to find any "trade" availability at Samoset outside of very late autumn, winter, or very early Spring --- none of which tend to have particularly desirable weather (...to say the least) in mid-coast Maine.

Sideline observations aside, I am unclear how "Calypso Cay credits" (...whatever they might be) could or would get you an exchange into Samoset Resort in any season --- regardless of available space. I dunno for certain, but color me dubious. :ponder:

I had an ongoing search and got Memorial week 2021 fairly quickly. I figured that was as close as I was gonna get to summer so I took it.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
We just stayed there two years ago. We loved the units. We had a 2 bedroom, just in case one of the kids wanted to stay with us. Our master bedroom was on the bottom level, and we had a nice ocean view. So the unit we had was two stories. The top level had twin beds and a bathroom, the bottom floor had the same exact bathroom, and the king bed. It was super comfortable. Loved our stay and want to go back again, but maybe we would stay at another Maine resort. I would have to research a bit. If anyone has some suggestions, let me know. I primarily exchange through II.
We had one of those 2BR units a few years ago for April break. Loved it, because the kids had their privacy and we had ours. My parents got one of the 2BR that are all one floor a few years later. Those feel smaller, but are also nice enough. The two bedrooms are on opposite ends of the unit, again allowing for privacy. I'm hoping to get back in there for either Feb or April break sometime. There are only 11 2BR units in the resort, so it's hard to snag one of those!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Many years ago we traded a week for a week through RCI. But it was off season- April. Easter, in fact.