• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange into Whistler?

MacDaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had success in exchanging into a Whistler ski week? We've had our platinum ski Timber Lodge week on a request first exchange for a few months now and no joy. We're not even looking for a prime week - we want to go during Holy Week (in 2009, April 5-12) since my son is out of school then. Whistler is just about the only major North American resort we haven't visited, so if possible we want to try it out (up until now we've been scared by the weather complaints - i.e., rain).

I did notice that there were very few Whistler resorts on II and have seen that there are more RCI resorts - maybe that's the problem.

I'd appreciate anyone's experience in trading into Whistler.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Whistler is a very difficult trade with II. All but one of the II whistler resorts push their owners toward RCI (since they are dual affiliated) and the biggest TS system in Whistler is Whiski Jack/Raintree and they are 100% RCI. You may wish to consider a direct trade or a trade thru a independant exchnage company. Or even a condo rental.

Whistler isn't as dry as the Rocky mountain resorts, but much of the skiing is at 6000- 7000 feet so rain isn't as much as a problem as you might guess.

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Try RCI if possible

I have gotten 2 RCI matches to Whistler for March. We went last year over our son's spring break which occurred the last week of March. We used our RCI Morritts Grand Cayman deposit. The Morritts deposit was Presidents week, 2 bedroom unit that was deposited 2 years prior to use. With this specific week, it seems to trade very well with RCI. I was renting the week out via Red week, but it turns out that we get killer trades with Presidents week deposits.

Now, I have to say I had another week the same year that I delayed paying the MF since they are so high at Morritts. The second week I deposited I should have rented, it would pull hardly anything. We ended up using it for a summer stay at French Ridge in Breck - not a stellar trade.

We did not seem to have much luck with II, even using our Hyatt points for a trade into Whistler. You may need to rent your week out or try to find a direct exchange with another owner. The week you are going is definitely spring skiing - but you never know with Whistler. Last year we had snow everyday, even in the village - not one rain drop and this was the last week of March. But, I have friends that went in Feb and it rained on them in the village, but it was great up on the mountain.

Whistler is great and it is worth the trouble and time to visit the resort. It was one of our best ski vacations. It was also very expensive, but it was great. If you look up my review of Whiski Jack Iron Wood, it will give you some tips on how and where to buy discount lift tickets. I also reviewed all the places we had dinner, Good luck!

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did Whistler earlier this year over Martin Luther King week. Awesome place and while the weather was not a factor while we were there (sunny and VERY cold every day for a week) I agree it could come into play with rain at the base. We ended up staying at the Westin Whistler on Starwood points.

If the TS thing doesn't work out for you check out this site where you can rent a condo directly from owners: http://www.alluradirect.com/

The Aspens at the base of Blackcomb Mountain is a nice condo develpment with an outdoor heated pool and spas. It is ski on and ski off as well. We would have stayed there if not for the Starwood points. You can check out various listings on the website above.

You will love Whistler/BC by the way. We skied for an entire week and did not get bored once!!!! Awesome village as well.