• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchange help for Cabo

CT77

Reaction score
Hi all,
New to this forum and would like to get some help.

I am thinking of trading my Marriott Aruba Ocean Club 2 BR for something in Cabo next fall. I am pretty happy with Marriott properties as I also own 2 weeks at Marriott Maui Ocean Club. I have only exchanged for other Marriott properties.

With that being said, I am looking for something with comparable quality and service. There are a lot of choices in Cabo and I have never been there.

We like convenience (able to walk to dinner, etc). We are also scuba divers and will need easy access to wherever the dive boat may be located.

I have looked at the Interval book and gone online. Villa del Arco looks nice but you never know.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Villa del Arco is very nice and comparable to Marriott properties.
22 more days and we'll be there!

Last edited:

Cyndi

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Pueblo Bonito Sunset, WorldMark
Not great diving in Cabo, but I am not a diver. Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach is wonderful, but is about 10 minutes out of town. Shuttle bus to the sister resort PB Rose and walk from there. It is closer to town than the Del Arco. Del Arco is nice, but I prefer the PB Sunset.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I have looked at the Interval book and gone online.
If you are limited just to II, then the Pueblo Bonitos won't be available to you as they trade with RCI. I believe the new Casa Dorado Medano Beach is an II property and you might add that to your list. It has a great location within easy walking distance to town. Villa del Arco is also a great property and a little further of a walk to town, but certainly doable.

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Arco and it's nice. You can walk to some dnner spots in 10-20 min.The other choice would be Casa Dorado on Medano beach. It has a great location. Both are newer properties. If you can get the new section at Cabo Vilas that might be a good 3rd option.

CaboColl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own week #8 at Hacienda Encantada (HE) in Cabo, and is available through II as an exchange.

HE is a brand new resort, but it is still in the construction phase. I believe the 2nd of 3 buildings will be open in November. I am not good at travel reviews (I stink at it), but HE is a beautiful, five star resort with a view that is nothing short of spectacular. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor, Cabo section.

I love HE because it is peaceful, and away from all of the downtown activity.
I enjoy being away from it all. My husband golfs during the day, and I am poolside - win/win for us.
But, it all depends on what you are looking for in a vacation.

HE is about a 10 minutes drive outside of downtown Cabo, on the way to the airport.
There is a free shuttle that takes you to their sister resort in downtown Cabo every 2 hours.

As for the diving, I can't comment on that.
But, I don't know a lot of people that go to Cabo for the diving.

Enjoy!

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be scuba diving for the first time in Cabo when we go in November so I will let you know how it is after we get back. I can only give you a comparison to Belize (fantastic), Playa del Carmen/Tulum (very good) and Puerto Vallarta (fair at best). Haven't done any diving in Hawaii but will be able to compare after we visit Kauai and the Big Island in March.

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scuba Diving in Cabo

In the Fall the diving is very good to great in Cabo. I rate it better than Hawaii or Playa del Carmen and much better than Puerto Vallarta. I just got back from a week long diving trip in September. The water temp was in the mid 80's with very good vis. Saw and dove with many sea lions. Also saw huge schools of fish, eels, rays, sea horses, nudibranchs and many different colored sea fans. Some great diving is only 5 minutes out of the marina at Neptunes Finger, Pelican Rock and Lands End.
I also recommend taking at least a day trip up to Cabo Pulmo, about a 2 hour drive. Google and check it out. In Cabo there are several resorts where you can walk to town and to the marina in 5 to 10 minutes. One of the nicer ones is Playa Grande but there are plenty of others. We usually stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach since we own there. It's an excellent resort but you need to take a taxi when going into town. (There is the option of taking the PB shuttle to the PB Rose then walking about 10 minutes into town).
For a dive shop I like Underwater Diversions. Each day after diving they take my gear to the shop where they rinse it and have it ready for the next day. Good crew and they are very helpful.
Hope not to scare you, but, September (and other Fall months) are pretty hot and humid and if there is going to be a tropical storm, they hit in the Fall. Even with that I had a great time diving last month.
I'm going back again in Nov-Dec for some diving. Then the water temp is usually high 70's sometimes still 80 with very good vis.

Last edited:

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty
Thanks for the diving info! We already know that we want to dive in Cabo Pulmo. We stayed there a few years age for a few days but only snorkeled. The sea lions were fun to snorkel with so I can imagine it will be more fun diving with them.
Have you ever gone to the sea lion colony in La Paz? We snorkeled there and it was terrific. We'd dive there on oor upcoming trip but only if we spent a night or two and that won't work with the guests that are joining us for part of the trip.
Thanks for the recommendation on the dive shop, too. When will you be there in November? We'll be there from 11/8 - 22.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
For a dive shop I like Underwater Diversions.
Another vote for Underwater Diversions. My husband and daughters went with them one year and really enjoyed the diving right out by Pelican Rock & Land's End as mentioned above.

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Additional Cabo Diving Info

We have not dove La Paz yet, but, we just made reservations for La Paz for next year. The Sea Lions I saw were at Lands End in Cabo. As you mentioned, they usually take the snorklers and not divers to the sea lion colony at Cabo Pulmo. When you go to Cabo Pulmo be sure to dive the "El Bajo" reef. It is the farthest out reef on the left side of Cabo Pulmo as you stand on the beach and look at the Gulf. It is a drift dive and it is like drifting thru fantasy land for divers. It has huge groupers and you'll probably encounter a couple of golden groupers. Best dives I've ever had out of over 350.
If you send me your email I'll send a couple of pics from Cabo and Cabo Pulmo so you get an idea of what to expect. I started to send this message via TUG email, but didn't se where I could attach pics. I haven't figured out how to put pics on TUG.
Sorry we can't meet up. We won't be there until Nov 28th.
If you go with Underwater Diversions be sure to tell Dustin (owner), Ivan (manager) and Chemala (boat capt.) "Hi" for me. I have been diving with them about the last 7 times I've been in Cabo.
You'll have a great time.
Marty

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Marty
Thanks for the info! I sent you a PM with my email address. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Sorry we will miss you in Cabo.
Carole