• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Evolve Vacation Rentals ... only private vacation homes (no Timeshare places)

VivianLynne

Reaction score
Has anyone used or KNOW someone who has rented a place FROM them or uses them to find clients for renting their vacation homes?

I am not using my Poconos home and stumbled onto this outfit. I figured I would get the low-down and shake my head and walk away. I have a "client manager" ... who calls WEEKLY ... to present and explain their program ... takes a 10% gross of the rental ... collects the money 30 days in advance (2.5% added credit card collection fee to ME) ... runs the ads (at their costs), runs a nice website for booking ... does a professional camera shoot (and 1 FREE do-over if I don't like the pictures)... do the booking keeping involved with the taxes for end of year ... allows OWNER to book out time for themselves (unit not available with NO fees to them).

As the owner, I can set the rates (they will advise), set minimum number of days per rental, pay for housekeeping (have some recommended services in that area), provide internet (more important the CableTV - so cable basic is what is recommended; premium internet way more important).

I am concerned with DAMAGEs to the house ... :rolleyes: ... but the renter pays in their rental fee a $3000 insurance for that AND if intentional, Evolve charges it ALL to their credit card under the "Spring Break"-type rules.

Suggested I put a "Smart Door lock" on the door ... allowing changing the combination (via the house's wireless interent) for each inbound client. And I thought, add cameras to the outside of house and a temperature monitor for LOW/HIGH HEAT (electric baseboard heat)

My client manager has been following up EVERY FRIDAY afternoon for at least 8 weeks. I guess that is called "building a relationship".

He also informed me their (independent) photographer MAY make suggestions to me for decor, furniture or removing/adding features ... that is the ONLY inspection Evolve does. They are NOT onsite managers ... just the processing and advertising people.

Looking at their website, their offered properties in the area are LARGE - 4 to 6+ bedrooms, several living rooms, 2-4 bathrooms, but also have hot tubs, fancy kitchen. And some of the colors inside are BRIGHT and VERY personal in the owners' choices. Not what I call "intimate" or private retreats.

Opinions, please...

ANY experiences? Thoughts?

Pardytime

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, Wyndham
We stayed in a house in Phoenix for four nights through Evolve just prior to Christmas. I had a concern that one of our group would arrive before me, and so corresponded with the manager. It was all very professionally handled. The digital lock was beneficial as it allowed us to split up and return at various times without worrying about keys.
We have stayed in rental houses, before including in Europe, and I think this was the best overall transaction I have had so far.