• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Every Last Shell Point in the Universe

mblosser

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a large Shell membership that isn't working for me anymore. 101,000 annual points, monthly fees about $1700. Approximately 87,000 paid-for points in the account (most of these points have been banked into 2012 use year). Anniversary use year is July 1, with March 1 banking deadline.

Unsure of transfer fees as this membership includes quite a few underlying contracts. I'd guess $2000. They really screw you on the transfer fees.

At 20c paid per point, the banked/available points are worth around $15,000, so I'm not looking to completely give this membership away, but I'd be willing to look at an offer that reimbursed me partially for the banked points, and received free ownership of the annual points.

This will be a bargain deal for someone retired and able to take advantage of Shell's excellent resort collection and not have to spend a lot of time (like we did) assembling enough points to make it happen. Fast and easy, if you can afford the maintenance fees.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mark

The points (101000) sound more like RCI points.

I would think for the maintenance fee you are listing it is more like 8000 SVC points.

You might want to clarify?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
He is saying the fees are $1,700 per month. :eek:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how close that would come to full-time resort living? Prolly pretty close. Not that I need or want any other bad habits. :rolleyes:

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Puleezee tell us what you did with all these points? :eek:

mblosser

TUG Member
Reaction score
No longer available

I have surrendered my points to Shell and have settled our issues.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good news and congratulations.

e-and-e

Reaction score
Can you please tell me how to surrender them to Shell? My parents are freaked out that they are going to come after their house if they stop paying.