• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Evacuation orders issued for some FL counties ahead of Hurricane Helene

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been using this page; https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ that our DS told us about years ago. He uses it for planning for probable remediation work.

~Diane
yes i use the nhc maps for forecasts and such, but nothing ive seen sofar has the live wind speed and rain data as that one above...its very impressive!

reports comin in from tampa/clearwater showing staggering flooding there :(

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in Naples- there was quite a bit of flooding on various streets near the coast and downtown . Marco got flooding this morning too. High tide is coming again so more flooding is expected. Below is my parents condo at the Riverside Club on Marco this morning. (Over near the Snook for those of you familiar)

Attachments

• 3847435E-2C7E-4D98-9B9D-C8C1595E75C9.png
    3847435E-2C7E-4D98-9B9D-C8C1595E75C9.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
1727398503170.png

At our TS --- they just finally 2 years later completed the pool, hot tub, tiki hut, landscaping and shuffleboard courts about 3 weeks ago and now the water and sand are completely covering the shuffleboard courts and I'm pretty sure the pool will have some damage on the gulf side on Vanderbilt Beach and Harbor Club, this poor resort can't catch a break...

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
Currently at the Sheraton Vistana Village. It is just beginning to rain. Other than early restaurant closings and activities being moved indoors, no other safety measures taken. They don’t seem to be very concerned.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
They announced if you didn’t evacuate to write your name and date of birth with a marker on your arm or leg.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 99929
At our TS --- they just finally 2 years later completed the pool, hot tub, tiki hut, landscaping and shuffleboard courts about 3 weeks ago and now the water and sand are completely covering the shuffleboard courts and I'm pretty sure the pool will have some damage on the gulf side on Vanderbilt Beach and Harbor Club, this poor resort can't catch a break...
So very sorry

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Currently at the Sheraton Vistana Village. It is just beginning to rain. Other than early restaurant closings and activities being moved indoors, no other safety measures taken. They don’t seem to be very concerned.
I wouldnt expect a significant impact in the orlando area.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of flooding along the gulf beach roads from Englewood, Venice, Nokomis, Siesta Key, Lido Key, Anna Maria Island, tornado in Bradenton did damage, flooding St Pete Beach, Clearwater Beach and all points north.
Some road closures in low lying areas.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
big bend has got to be utterly devastated as this thing rolls through... 147mph right on the coast just now reported

1727403518816.png

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Just heard from our DS before he heads to bed, he says it was a short night & a long day. They are at about a 6ft storm surge in Apollo Beach right now and it is still rising but much slower than it did all afternoon. His dock which is usually about 3ft above water is now 3ft underwater. They ended up with less than 2" of rain in the gauge and the wind is tapering down. He figured when he was looking at homes that the St Petersburg peninsula would help protect Apollo Beach from storms and looking at photos from St. Pete's and Clearwater area it did.

DS's dock, under 3 ft of water, as of 10:20pm;
1727404282471.png

There are going to be some crazy photos from the big bend area in the morning. I also saw a report that radar is seeing well over 5000 lightning strikes per hour in the outer walls of the hurricane -a quantity almost unheard of. The eye is just making landfall now near Perry FL. Hope everybody stays safe.

~Diane

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
Some neighborhoods in my area got walloped hard by storm surge and wind. Boats were lifted into parks, streets and even slammed into houses. All the bridges to the beaches are still closed, the beach roads unpassable due to huge sand deposits. The weather service is calling the surge in St. Petersburg at 6.3', in Clearwater 6.7', Tampa Bay 6.8'.

We lost power for about 5 hours. No tree damage, most people in my neighborhood have removed their large trees to prevent damage to their homes. Too many storms these days to keep large trees anymore. We're very near the Gulf but up on a bluff that prevents any salt water from reaching us. It could have been so much worse here.