• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EPlus question

Cookie21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked and purchased EPlus for Mar 27 2016. Having seconds thoughts on location booked. I doubt I will get Hawaii in March 2016 now and would prefer to use this week for 2017 in Hawaii.
Do I cancel my exchange? How do I put my week back into
II and try to get a match for Hawaii 2017?

I don't have time to keep searching manually.
Or do I just keep this exchange, deposit my 2016 week in May 2016 and try for Hawaii in April 2017?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
With EPlus, you have to take the time to keep searching manually. Though you could always just cancel the exchange, you would lose the exchange fee and the Eplus fee. II would give you a cancellation replacement week which you could then use to start searching again for 2017. However, keep in mind that the cancellation replacement week will have a one year expiration date from the date you cancel. So right now, with a March 2016 exchange, it will be very hard to get a 2017 week unless you can go in January. I say this because you would need to cancel the 2016 exchange at least 60 days out to avoid the flexchange restriction on the cancellation replacement.

You could however do an EPlus retrade now for as far out in to 2016 as possible. Then wait until further in to 2016 to cancel it, then the cancellation replacement week would be good further out. Though this has its problems too in that you can't setup a new ongoing search until you cancel, and with wanting Hawaii in 2017, that will limit how far out you can place your search. Making you less likely to get a confirmed exchange in to Hawaii in 2017.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Cookie: I'm not sure what you exchanged or where you want to go in Hawaii etc... but the II instant exchange is very alive and well. I've been seeing all sorts of Hawaii inventory. You're a member; why not post the details of your exchange on the sightings board and request a 'sighting' for what you're looking for. If you'll post the details here, I'll be glad to help you out. I'm frantically searching for a SUNDAY checkin in January with only a few resorts on my list--all that with a lowely studio. I'm seeing all sorts of stuff. Let me know and good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cookie21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Where do I find the sightings board?
I am trying for either Oahu or Maui(Marriott) 1 or 2 bedroom for a check in of March 25, 26, or 27 (Easter Week).

I know it sounds like a tough request, but I have gotten Hawaii(different islands) for the last 5 years, for Easter Break.

I am not sure why we didn't get it this year. I booked Orlando, but we really want Hawaii. I have been checking II, but I was told the best time is 7am(which is 4am, my time).

I don't mind helping others find what they want to trade too.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The Marriott resorts in Hawaii get a lot of late and last minute activity. The problem for most people waiting this late for March 2016 is getting airfare. Because it is Easter week, you might have a hard time getting a reasonably price flight.

So, I'd check out the airfare and if it works for 2016 keep looking for that eplus trade. If not, then take the vacation you have planned and make a new request for 2017. You'll have much better luck for 2017 with an ongoing request.

Deb

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am trying for either Oahu or Maui(Marriott) 1 or 2 bedroom for a check in of March 25, 26, or 27 (Easter Week).

I know it sounds like a tough request, but I have gotten Hawaii(different islands) for the last 5 years, for Easter Break.

I am not sure why we didn't get it this year. I booked Orlando, but we really want Hawaii. I have been checking II, but I was told the best time is 7am(which is 4am, my time).

Not sure why Rob indicated you are a member. Your status shows 'Guest'. If you are a TUG member, you can access the Sightings board by entering the TUG Member Code.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

The sightings board is above.

I see your predicament now: you booked Orlando...but want Hawaii. If you are willing to book a ticket (now or later) and 'see what comes up' I think you can get a preferred trade in II. It does require some patience and risk.
I'll keep an eye out and see what I can see over the next day or two. What is your base trade for the exchange?

Cookie21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was a member, but it expired. Signed up again and now have access- Thank you :)

What you say base trade, do you mean what I put into II? I put NCV, Memorial weekend. I always put this week, and never have a problem with getting an Easter week in Hawaii. I didn't buy the points so I wonder if this could be why I didn't get my trade this year.

My kids want to go to Hawaii for Easter Break. I offered them Disney World, but they said they love Hawaii.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Please don't think that some salesman's chatter about "you won't get anymore trades without points' has anything to do with it. Weeks still trade just fine. I could book a Jan/Feb 2 bedroom in Hawaii right now--with a lowly Orlando trader. Easter does make it harder.

NCV is a fine trade... Not sure why you didn't get the trade at the same time...fate I suppose.

Most people that decide to play the 'flex trade' game make a back-up plan (refundable reservations) and/or eplus into a 'suitable' accommodation. It might not be the perfect property, but at least having a place to stay will give you the peace of mind to keep looking; right up until the day you check in.

Good luck.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Not sure why Rob indicated you are a member. Your status shows 'Guest'. If you are a TUG member, you can access the Sightings board by entering the TUG Member Code.

Sorry, my tablet/ipad/fire/phone all show profiles differently. Thought I saw member....oops. I'm aware that sightings is private. Oh well, all is fixed now.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I was a member, but it expired. Signed up again and now have access- Thank you :)

What you say base trade, do you mean what I put into II? I put NCV, Memorial weekend. I always put this week, and never have a problem with getting an Easter week in Hawaii. I didn't buy the points so I wonder if this could be why I didn't get my trade this year.

My kids want to go to Hawaii for Easter Break. I offered them Disney World, but they said they love Hawaii.

So, here you go:

Today on instant exchange, Marriotts Kauai Beach club. It's only a 1 bedroom and it doesn't have a full kitchen, but it's a nice resort, next to Dukes, great pool and close to town/Costco/airport etc...

This would be a great eplus "safety net" to allow you to sit and patiently wait for that 3br lagoons or 2 br Waiohai or 2br MKO etc.... looks like the 'bulk bank' of Marriott Hawaii for March occurred last year between Dec 23-28th. YMMV. There were also some sporadic sightings from November on. Like now.

This morning:
Marriott's Kauai Beach Club
Lihue , HI , USA
MKW
Mar 25 2016 - Apr 01 2016
1 4 4
Available for instant exchange.

Last edited: