• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Englewood Beach in Cape Cod -- should we take it?

steveandellen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We had an ongoing search for late Aug '09 in Cape Cod just hit for a 2BR unit with a full kitchen (a Cape Cod rarity) at the Englewood Beach Club, RCI #1908. There aren't many reviews, but I've read what there is on TUG, RCI, and TripAdvisor: am not convinced either way. We have 3 kids (will be 12, 10, and 3). We've been to the Cape several times and don't expect luxury, but want cleanliness and convenience.

Is there anyone who has been there who can compare it to other Cape Cod resorts that might be better known? For comparison, our most recent Cape trip was Sandcastle which was teriffic for our purposes. We were steps away from the pool, made some use of the rocky private beach, didn't mind the size of the unit, and loved the area. This time, we're aiming for something much closer to the mainland, and Englewood Beach seems to fit the bill.

There is some urgency -- our RCI hold expires this Sunday at 6PM, so any quick responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
~~~Steve

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have lived here my whole life and never heard of it - looked at the website - private beach 100 feet from the place - 2 bedrooms - I personally would grab it. I own 2 bedrooms at Briarwood which is nice but this location sounds great. What week are you looking at??

steveandellen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking at week starting 8/29. We've been searching for 8/22 or 8/29 weeks, and this is what hit. We'd passed on a few places with very small rooms already. From what I understand, this place is mostly 100% ownership condos, with a few units as timeshares... which would explain the limited number of reviews.

We'll probably take it, but I'm holding out for more input in case we can find a first-hand account on Tug.

Tx,
~S

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you should pass.
But that is because I too have a 2 BR request in for the Cape for late August. So maybe if you pass, I'll get it. :)

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister and her family of 4 (including 2 sons in early 20's) rented a 2BR unit here a few years ago. If you're okay with basic accomodations and won't be spending a lot of time in the unit, you should be fine. One thing: check how many bathrooms there are, if that kind of thing is important to you. My sister was not-so-pleasantly surprised to find only 1 bathroom.

HTH.

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
So.................inquiring minds want to know........did you take it??

steveandellen

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, West Yarmouth, right near the beach, in August (albeit very late August), and a first-hand account of someone surviving a stay there. Yeah, I took it.

Thanks to all! I'll try to do an updated review after our stay.

Thanks
~~~Steve