• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

End of Year Processing Scheduled to Begin Thursday, December 31, 2015

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It's highly recommended you take screen shots of your reservations and point balances prior to the start of the year end maintenance.

In case you missed it, from the Wyndham site:

End of Year Processing Scheduled to Begin Thursday, December 31, 2015

As in past years, access to your CLUB WYNDHAM® financial services and online reservation systems will be unavailable during the year-end processing. You may still access your online account to view information posted through Thursday, December 31, 2015.

The year-end process is scheduled to begin on Thursday, December 31, 2015, at 11:45 p.m. ET, and is anticipated to run through Saturday morning, January 2, 2016. We will provide you with the latest updates on the re-opening of the system here, at myclubwyndham.com.

To ensure that you do not incur any penalties during our down time, we encourage you to process any necessary reservation cancellations prior to Thursday, December 31, 2015. Please keep in mind that CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to check-in will result in a 100% forfeiture of the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points used for the reservation.

In addition, your Vacation Planning Center will be closed on Friday, January 1, 2016 in observance of the holiday and to allow our associates time to spend with their families.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And don't forget to credit pool your 2016 points if you are subject to the dec 31 deadline(except of course those points you are reserving for arp or an Rci deposit

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or deposit into Wyndham rewards. It is a $99 fee but some good deals can be had at hotels.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
heres the Latest update Instead of being back early tomorrow as planned, it looks like late in the day, Monday

"We regret any inconvenience; however, your CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Assessments information is currently unavailable. We are completing our year-end processing and are unable to make reservations or process financial transactions during this time. We anticipate the system will be available by Monday afternoon, January 4, 2016."

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like another FIRST CLASS Wyndham Computer Processing Performance.

(not!)

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now it says:
Reservation System Currently Unavailable
Our reservation system is currently unavailable as we complete our year-end processing. We are unable to make reservations or process financial transactions during this time.

We anticipate the system will be available by Saturday morning, January 2, 2016. You may find the most up-to-date information about the year-end processing here.

We regret this temporary inconvenience, and we look forward to the opportunity to assist with your vacation planning needs in 2016 and beyond!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go-rebels

Reaction score
heres the Latest update Instead of being back early tomorrow as planned, it looks like late in the day, Monday

"We regret any inconvenience; however, your CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Assessments information is currently unavailable. We are completing our year-end processing and are unable to make reservations or process financial transactions during this time. We anticipate the system will be available by Monday afternoon, January 4, 2016."
Is Wyndham's reservation system really computer automated or are there manual processes happening in the background? I understand the need for some 'batch' operations from time to time, but these types of operations on large networks take hours, not days.

And I'm sure they're running mirrored backups as a redundancy so I'm confused about the need for any lengthy downtime.

???

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now it says:
Our reservation system is currently unavailable as we complete our year-end processing. We are unable to make reservations or process financial transactions during this time.

We anticipate the system will be available by Saturday morning, January 2, 2016. You may find the most up-to-date information about the year-end processing here.

We regret this temporary inconvenience, and we look forward to the opportunity to assist with your vacation planning needs in 2016 and beyond!

Thats what it says when you click on the link on the front page, but dig deeper . Open the financial services page and thats where the Jan 4 date is posted

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now it says:

The financial services (assessments) page says Monday afternoon, The reservations page says Saturday morning

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The financial services (assessments) page says Monday afternoon, The reservations page says Saturday morning

Wouldn't surprise me if online reservations is up and running this afternoon. Seems to be the pattern each New Year's Day. Interesting the "Points Status" tab is operational, updated, and accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if online reservations is up and running this afternoon. Seems to be the pattern each New Year's Day. Interesting the "Points Status" tab is operational, updated, and accurate.

Points status my have been updated from yesterdays transactions but the 2018 points arent there yet

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And Reservations are back and operational....

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not surprised. Picked up a few good units

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Yesterday the reservation system worked, but today it is closed. Anyone else see this this morning?

bpellis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday the reservation system worked, but today it is closed. Anyone else see this this morning?

Yes, I cannot make any reservations this morning, and numerous resorts show availability that they haven't had in many months (i've been watching a few for memorial day weekend that have showed little to no availability, but now show basically all unit types available). Obviously something maybe didn't go right with the year-end processing and they are trying to get it fixed.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing the same thing on our account as well today (Saturday morning). Yesterday when I logged in, I couldn't see my 2018 points. Usually I credit pool them on the first of the year to have points to play around with for booking, upgrading, and canceling. Today the 2018 points are in my account, but I can't do anything with them.

I also had an email from RCI that I have a unit that has matched, but I can't get into RCI to do anything.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing the same thing on our account as well today (Saturday morning). Yesterday when I logged in, I couldn't see my 2018 points. Usually I credit pool them on the first of the year to have points to play around with for booking, upgrading, and canceling. Today the 2018 points are in my account, but I can't do anything with them.

I also had an email from RCI that I have a unit that has matched, but I can't get into RCI to do anything.

Got my heart racing a bit when I saw all the availability for Mardi Gras next month

Last edited:

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call, and ask to be transferred to Web support. When the web site is wonky, they can complete any transaction for you using the online price, rather than the call-in price.

Thanks, but ironically, I don't have enough points right now. I have three reservations for 2016 that I could cancel and I would have plenty of points , but they were made with 2017 credit pooled points. We used to use our credit pool points and make a transaction and then cancel it so we could use the points in RCI. With the new back to original experirqtion date policy, I don't think I can use them. We did buy a resale contract and those 189,000 points should be deposited in the next two weeks. I will just ignore the match until the points come through and hope that it matches again.

Clearly, 2015 was the year of my plans all going askew--in more ways than one!! :doh:

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
back online with reservations now and those units I saw (when they were not online) are not there, of course

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I kept seeing dates I wanted (6 choices) and once the system was back up and running correctly they disappeared. I talked to a VC and they said what I was seeing really weren't available in the first place.