• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Empress Hotel: worth the $$?

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be in Victoria for a night... is the Empress worth a splurge? I got a reservation for the night we're arriving (late), following many hours in the air, for $113. It seems kind of silly when we'll barely be awake to enjoy it, but that did seem like a deal.

Victoria

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have got the Empress for a great price - take it! If you can request a room with a view - even better! The location is the best for a one night visit. It is right downtown, across from our wonderful Provincial Museum, the buses to Butchart Gardens leave from the front of the building - you have it all right there! Have a great time, and let me know if you have any questions.

labguides

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed with our room at the Empress -- it was definitely not their top room. But.. it was fun to stay at the Empress and the location is perfect. We would return to the Empress for the location.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It's an old OLD hotel, so the rooms will probably be small - I've never stayed there. But if you like a sense of history and a good location, it can't be beat.

Bev

glenn1000

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We got a good deal on a room at the Empress 2-3 years ago and loved it. Our standard room was actually quite large and you could not be in a better location in Victoria. We took our kids to high tea at the Empress and, though I remember it as being somewhat aggravating at the time (kids fighting and not liking the expensive finger sandwiches), they all remember it in a very positive light. I would definitley stay at the Empress!

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For my 10th wedding anniversary we used air miles and stayed at the Delta in Victoria. We loved it as it was on the other side of the harbour from the EMpress and the government buildings. Seeing the buildings lit up from our room across the harbour was gorgeous. I've always thought it had to be better than the EMpress because of the view. The downside (or upside if you're a fitness fanatic) is it meant about a 5-10 minute walk into the main part of town right where the Empress is. :p

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to cancel my Empress res just now - my flight to Victoria tomorrow is CANCELLED due to snow storm in northeast, where it was routed thru, and they can't get me there for 2 more days, so I'd have to cut my trip short, and have to spring for another hotel somewhere else en route. Haven't decided what to do yet... :(