• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elimination of Cancel Rebook?

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today a VC told me that with the "new" computer system rolling out "soon" that cancel rebook would be effectively eliminated due to the addition of a waiting list? So if I cancel, someone on the waiting list will get the reservation. She followed up saying that the IT guys pushed back because this was too hard to implement and she didn't know where they stood on it now. Anybody know about this?

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
I'd actually like to see some sort of waiting list implemented, but that would kill one of the few reasons to have VIP status.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Long rumored (search the Wyndham form for "Voyager" for more info), but reportedly put on the shelf because of difficulty of implementation.

There will probably come a day when a wait list is implemented. It's not going to be tomorrow, and probably not in the next year or two. But, someday, if only because it would be one more thorn in the mega-renters' paw. And Wyndham has very clearly been pursuing strategies over the past many years to make things more expensive for the mega-renters. (To little effect, but that's another post.)

If you rely on cancel/rebook to remain solvent, have an exit strategy, but until then do your thing.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think everyone has the same exit strategy. Walk away. How would the club handle that?

Angela5svr

Reaction score
I'd love to see that! As long a Wyndham is the largest mega renter that won't happen. Did they offer you a Program to absolve you from this limitation or was this their attempt at urgency to make you upgrade today?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
How would the club handle that?
For deeded ownerships: Lock accounts, and eventually initiate foreclosure (which is what they've done to others who haven't paid for one reason or another).

For CWA memberships: account recovery is much faster and less painful from Wyn's perspective. That just generates more "free" inventory for sales. Not so bad in Wyndham's eyes (and they'd probably accept most of them via Ovation anyway.)

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can't afford to lose a reservation don't play the 'cancel and rebook' game.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
If a wait-list were to be implemented, I see the mega-renter strategy changing, but not being eliminated. Having two hundred million points to work with, a mega-renter will reserve deep, not broad. Since they may control 100 different owner accounts, they could conceivably hold 100x10 reservations. Cancel 1, cancel 10, cancel 50. Eventually, they will be at the top of the wait-list.

By the way, what's to stop them from clogging the wait-list?

Jim