• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elara Ownership Questions

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Like Elara and location. Thinking of adding resale ownership.

1) Are there special privileges for HGVC Elara owners? We see VIP elevators for 50 floor and above. And VIP check in on second floor separate from HGVC elite line. Is there an owner floor? If so how does one qualify and are units better?

2) Also do Elara owners get free cabanas? We were told that owners get access to upper tier cabanas and private spa but unclear if this is for HGVC owners or just Elara owners. We were told of discounted cabanas as owners but did not want to ask too many questions to clarify :). The stairs to second tier are not marked "owners only" so not sure how enforced.

3) any other benefits to owning vs. trading in.

4) Small mystery - curious. There are no 40 - 49 floors on elevator. But DH thought he counted 59 floors on outside of building while sitting at pool . Do these floors exist? Or is this like many Vegas hotels that avoid the number 4 for Asian clientele? If floors do exist, what are they for? Are Westgate owners assigned to different units or floors. Are these the undeveloped floors we have heard about?

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Elara is our favorite Vegas location and i have occasionally considered buy there but never seriously followed-up on that.

Its been a couple of years since our last visit, but there used to be a small sign nears the stairs that indicated the upper pool deck was for owners only. I decided that as an HGV owner, it clearly meant it OK for me to use..... I was not challenged or even questioned. We did not rent a cabana.

Don't know about the VIP elevators, i wondered that as well. According to the HGV press release from 2017 when they acquired the entire tower, the penthouse floors and some ballroom space where still undeveloped. Previously i had always assumed it was completely built out. Not sure if they have done anything with those spaces yet.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
When I was there you can rent a cabana. I am now an Elara owner, but did rent Cabana for $100 for the day. They give you a $100 food and bar credit for that. But with two rooms and 12 of use, using that up was easy. That is the midweek rate. Weekend rate was more like $250 for the day.

They gives HGVC owners priority, don't know if Elara owners have higher priority still. I didn't ask. We reserved a cabana and some else took it. We booked the extra large unit, because of the size of our party, but someone else was using our reserved space. The did not want to move. So we let them keep it and moved elsewhere. But some people are just so rude.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
When I was there you can rent a cabana. I am now an Elara owner, but did rent Cabana for $100 for the day. They give you a $100 food and bar credit for that. But with two rooms and 12 of use, using that up was easy. That is the midweek rate. Weekend rate was more like $250 for the day.

They gives HGVC owners priority, don't know if Elara owners have higher priority still. I didn't ask. We reserved a cabana and some else took it. We booked the extra large unit, because of the size of our party, but someone else was using our reserved space. The did not want to move. So we let them keep it and moved elsewhere. But some people are just so rude.

Sorry to hear about your difficulty on the cabana. I am surprised that the cabana attendant didnt kick them out especially since you paid for it.

We were told $75 for owners weekdays. $120 for weekend but event weekend was $150. All are upper tier owner cabanas. Lower tier are $250 for everyone but IMO are not as nice. All cabanas have couches, TV, fridge, fan and dedicated food servers. They did not say anything about food credit. Perhaps because you are an Elara owner that's how it is free.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
We were told $75 for owners weekdays. $120 for weekend but event weekend was $150. All are upper tier owner cabanas. Lower tier are $250 for everyone but IMO are not as nice. All cabanas have couches, TV, fridge, fan and dedicated food servers. They did not say anything about food credit. Perhaps because you are an Elara owner that's how it is free.

That was a few years ago, things could have changed. It also provided waters in the fridge included. I might guess with the lower price points, they have eliminated the food credit and just charge for the cabanas. Too bad. It was a good deal when you got the rental price as a food credit.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Turns out Cabanas were all taken so we took loungers and umbrella on top deck for free and used owners spa. Cabana attendant said we could go up and use that as owners. We did not bother to ask if that meant Elara or HGVC owners. :) It was a nice perk because the lower pool was very crowded.

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek
I’ve been having conflicting information regarding HGVC Elara ownership and I’m hoping someone here has a simple answer. Can a deeded floating week at HGVC Elara be turned into points? I’ve seen in TUG it says it can be, but I’ve talked to couple of seller and they say it can’t. Please advise if possible. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the title is with Hilton, it already comes with HGVC points.

A deeded "floating week" suggests it's likely a Westgate deed which cannot be "converted" to HGVC points. To be clear, Hilton deeds at Elara are also floating within their respective seasons. However, many Westgate deeds float weeks 1-52, whereas no Hilton deeds float the entire year.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I’ve been having conflicting information regarding HGVC Elara ownership and I’m hoping someone here has a simple answer. Can a deeded floating week at HGVC Elara be turned into points? I’ve seen in TUG it says it can be, but I’ve talked to couple of seller and they say it can’t. Please advise if possible. Thank you in advance.

The deeded floating week sounds like one of the legacy Westgate deeds. If it is, they can’t be turned into points. They are either used as the week or (I believe) traded into II. The estoppel for this unit will be different than the estoppel for a Hilton deed.

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek
Makes sense. Thank you for the clarification.