• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Edisto Island

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Does anyone know if there are differences unit locations? I assume The Village, Beach Walk, South Pointe are newer or nicer since they are higher points values.
I was able to reserve a 4 bedroom units in Beach Walk for 2021, but wondering if I should change to 2 - 2 bedroom lockout or lofts?
We stayed in a 4 bedroom Beachwalk a few years ago. We were there on the 4th of July. It was a pretty fun time to be there at that time. It was a very nice unit about 2 blocks from the ocean. South Pointe is a few blocks away from Beach Walk. The Village is on the bay side of the island. The Village and South Pointe have their own pool. Beach Walk does not have a pool. I believe you are correct that The Village, Beach Walk, South Pointe, and maybe Bay Point are a little nicer. We had a great week there.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
June 2021
Wyndham Flagstaff
Wyndham Taos

Brief diversion: Huh! How long has Taos been bookable as a Wyndham?
We stayed at WM Santa Fe a couple years ago and drove to Taos to check
it out. From the outside, it looked like a pure Worldmark. Great location.

Back to topic - we stayed on Edisto a few years back and had a blast.
Very peaceful out on the ‘island’ (one tiny waterway makes it an island).
A fair amount of driving to get anywhere. Really enjoyed day trips to
Charleston and Savannah.

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are differences unit locations? I assume The Village, Beach Walk, South Pointe are newer or nicer since they are higher points values.
I was able to reserve a 4 bedroom units in Beach Walk for 2021, but wondering if I should change to 2 - 2 bedroom lockout or lofts?
Beachwalk and South Pointe are the closest to the beach. They are outside of the Ocean Ridge gates as is the Village. The Village doesn't have 4 bedroom units but it has a nice quiet pool. South Point also has a small pool. I prefer South Pointe to Beachwalk because the units have 4 full baths and Beachwalk has only 3. We often travel with other couples so one full bath/bedroom is always a plus. We are actually staying in South Pointe next week.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Brief diversion: Huh! How long has Taos been bookable as a Wyndham?
We stayed at WM Santa Fe a couple years ago and drove to Taos to check
it out. From the outside, it looked like a pure Worldmark. Great location.

Back to topic - we stayed on Edisto a few years back and had a blast.
Very peaceful out on the ‘island’ (one tiny waterway makes it an island).
A fair amount of driving to get anywhere. Really enjoyed day trips to
Charleston and Savannah.

Wyndham Taos came into Wyndham numbers of years ago when all the other WorldMarks came in as a result of the lawsuit settlement against WorldMark/Wyndham that forced Wyndham to move, I believe, 411 WorldMark units into Wyndham.

When we were at Edisto, we did day trips to both Savannah and Charleston also. Had a great time at Edisto Island. It was my first visit to South Carolina. There was a lot to keep us busy. And it was a great place to just sit and relax and do nothing. Although my SIL was along on that trip and she won’t sit still for long.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek

I finally found my scan of the map that I was given at check in last year. The Wyndham woman that I thought was going to strong arm me into a sales meeting actually didn't strong arm me at all, and jotted some helpful notes on the map for me, the PDF is attached - hopefully you'll be able to open it.

This thread is making me want to return, we really enjoyed our trip there!

Attachments

• edisto beach map_1 (1).pdf
    636.4 KB · Views: 43