• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebike suggestions please

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I learned that the 'puncture resistant' custom tires on the Rad Runner are still susceptible to goat heads. *note to self* put sealant in the tires when setting up your bike.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I learned that the 'puncture resistant' custom tires on the Rad Runner are still susceptible to goat heads. *note to self* put sealant in the tires when setting up your bike.

Does Sealant help?

Brett

Reaction score
I finally got the Seller to step up, and I shipped the bikes back today. Promise of a full refund on receipt. Now we wait. :thumbup:

Dave

good - last weekend I saw "training wheels" on an ebike .... maybe an option :)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Sealant help?
My neighbor, an avid bike rider, swears by it. He has it in all his kids' bikes. That said, he has gone tubeless on his own bike. At the bike shop where I took my flat front tire, they charged $5 to seal it- a bargain to me to not have to struggle with it. I'll get a squeeze bottle of it and do my own rear tire- assuming it's still aired up tomorrow. Those damn goatheads are wicked!- For those unfamiliar, they're the seeds of a dry area weed. They're like miniature toy jacks, but with needle sharp spikes. They really do a job on bike tires and worse to bare- and doggy feet! Here:
1599001588490.png

Jim

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
good - last weekend I saw "training wheels" on an ebike .... maybe an option :)

Um, no. Even I have limits. LOL! :D

Dave

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ugh! This brings back painful memories! We were constantly battling goathead and yellow star thistle on our property along the Snake. We had to up armor all our tires (bikes, wheelbarrow, utility carts, etc) with heavy plastic thorn proof liners or solid rubber. Oh, how I HATE goathead thorns! And so did our poor dogs.

Brett

Reaction score
Ugh! This brings back painful memories! We were constantly battling goathead and yellow star thistle on our property along the Snake. We had to up armor all our tires (bikes, wheelbarrow, utility carts, etc) with heavy plastic thorn proof liners or solid rubber. Oh, how I HATE goathead thorns! And so did our poor dogs.

I've never heard of goathead thorns but apparently it is a problem with bicycle tires in some western areas

I'm guessing people in those areas don't go around barefoot ... :confused:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've never heard of goathead thorns but apparently it is a problem with bicycle tires in some western areas

I'm guessing people in those areas don't go around barefoot ... :confused:

I have been waging a five year battle in one of my lots that we used for construction work. Some one drove in with a goat head and slowly the goat heads took over the lot. I ended up poisoning them, tilled them under and planted grass. After 5 years they still come up. I can see them now because they have a yellow bloom before they thorn. Every couple of weeks I have to walk the lot and pull those goat heads. They seem to be 24d resistant because I have used poison for control for years. Round up still works but it kills the grass.

Bill

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill, have you tried Dicamba?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill, have you tried Digicam?

I'm not sure that a digicam would kill them but at least it would help me remember them, lol.

Bill

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Commencal Meta Power ebike showcases new Shimano EP8 motor..

Richard

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have my eye on a used 2019 Townie 8i with less than 100 miles on it - $1290. Good deal? It has a rear rack and bell as well.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill, have you tried Dicamba?

Not that I am aware of. I have tried 24d, round up, banish, weed b gone and salt. Regular salt seems to work the best on areas where I want nothing to grow. The areas of grass is where the goat heads show up. The 24d kind of works if sprayed when the weeds are small enough. Round up works but kills all the grass around the weed. I have been just walking through looking for the yellow flower of the goat heads and just pulling them out before they seed. It is time consuming but effective.

Bill

Brett

Reaction score
I have my eye on a used 2019 Townie 8i with less than 100 miles on it - $1290. Good deal? It has a rear rack and bell as well.

maybe ask for less since it's used . I got the Electra Townie Go! 7D ebike with a 3 year warranty new this spring for around $1,400

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Probably a good deal considering the ebike originally cost about $3000 from what is reported on the reviews.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Offer $1,000 for it. The worst that can happen is the seller says no. It's gotta be worth that. You can't buy the most basic regular bike for a grand.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I finally got the Seller to step up, and I shipped the bikes back today. Promise of a full refund on receipt. Now we wait. :thumbup:

Dave

Well, finally. Ten days later, after proof the bikes had been received, and a few emails prodding the Seller, I finally got an email telling me they had processed my refund. It's not on my credit card yet, but I expect that will happen soon. What a PITA. :D

Meanwhile, we've ordered (and are on backorder for) a couple of Rad Mini Step-Thru 2 folding bikes from the Rad Power Bike company in Seattle. They've been excellent to work with, and have agreed that once received and tried out, if the bikes won't work for us, they'll pay return freight to send them back. A breath of fresh air. We're optimistic.

Dave

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I ordered my wife the Eco-Tad SX from electric trikes in PA, I liked that it was pre-configured and has a higher ride height than some of the low slung racing trikes. This will be great for her on simple beach trail flat rides.

d925d229e9792af1c40ce8c3b06f4d99.jpg

Fat tire version available too.

b3523ac2e077ef1d41aee18abce17995.jpg

There is also an outfit in Utah that will custom build a trike, there are so many options to choose made my head spin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't checked in here in a few days. I've been out riding my RadRunner every day a couple of times. It gets me out of the house and off TUG :) a little anyway. Still a little anxious around traffic. I guess that's normal after being used to being surrounded by 4,000 of steel. Our town honestly could use a better network of dedicated bike paths. Oh, they've painted some arrows and bike-like cartoons on city streets, but it's more of bikes being permitted than dedicated lanes. The sealant seems to have solved my early flat tire problem- or I just got smarter about avoiding goat-head invested open ground. There are not a lot of ebikes where I live, so mine draws quite a bit of curiosity. "How fast is it?" "Does it charge while you pedal?" And, " Man, that's COOL! "

On the whole, I like it A LOT! And I can sure see it taking the place of my pickup for many errands around town. I have (on backorder) a front basket with pet carrier so Mr. Bear can come along or I'll have someplace for a bag of groceries.

Rad Power Bikes (Facebook is better than their own website) has been great. They are so popular that there are lots of backorders, but they're trying.

Jim

Brett

Reaction score
I haven't checked in here in a few days. I've been out riding my RadRunner every day a couple of times. It gets me out of the house and off TUG :) a little anyway. Still a little anxious around traffic. I guess that's normal after being used to being surrounded by 4,000 of steel. Our town honestly could use a better network of dedicated bike paths. Oh, they've painted some arrows and bike-like cartoons on city streets, but it's more of bikes being permitted than dedicated lanes. The sealant seems to have solved my early flat tire problem- or I just got smarter about avoiding goat-head invested open ground. There are not a lot of ebikes where I live, so mine draws quite a bit of curiosity. "How fast is it?" "Does it charge while you pedal?" And, " Man, that's COOL! "

On the whole, I like it A LOT! And I can sure see it taking the place of my pickup for many errands around town. I have (on backorder) a front basket with pet carrier so Mr. Bear can come along or I'll have someplace for a bag of groceries.

Rad Power Bikes (Facebook is better than their own website) has been great. They are so popular that there are lots of backorders, but they're trying.

Jim

ebikes are fun :)

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Going on our first ebike trip. I'm bringing fishing poles but it is officially an ebike trip. Unless the fish are biting then it could turn into an ebike fishing trip. I was happy that both ebikes loaded into the Ridgeline without a problem.

Bill

1600292531917.png

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Going on our first ebike trip. I'm bringing fishing poles but it is officially an ebike trip. Unless the fish are biting then it could turn into an ebike fishing trip. I was happy that both ebikes loaded into the Ridgeline without a problem.

Bill

View attachment 26618

Have fun Bill! Remind me of which ebikes you have, and what is the brand/size of those containers they're in? I'm looking to do the same with the bikes I have on order.

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have two of the Lectric fordable ebikes in black. They fit into a 40 gallon tote. I think the tote measures out at 40 inch x 24 inches and maybe 16 inches tall. I cut the lid and dropped the cut portion into the bottom for support and use the top for support. There is a youtube video on the tote.

Lectric has a newer walk through ebike that might work for you Dave.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun, Bill. Don't get smoked out, and I hope the fish are biting. 'Course. if not, any trail bike riding is enough excuse for anybody.

I've just been riding mine around town. Still waiting on the back-ordered basket for the front carrier, so I wire-tied an Amazon shipping box to it so I can go shopping. Talk about tacky looking! Like mud-flaps on a Rolls-Royce!
IMG_20200916_175520_4.jpg

See, I told ya!

Jim

Last edited: