• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

eBay MF confusion

shmuggee

Reaction score
Looking at some TS in Nevada (Grand Desert - Vegas), and have found 2 EOY offerings. Both are for 154K - one is odd yrs, one is even. But the listed MF's are different:

Ownership size: 154,000 Bi-annual Points odd year
Award Date: January 1st of Every Odd Year
Next renewal date: Januaryl 1st 2009
Maintenance fees: The maintenance fees are $ 490.79 a year

and

Item Specifics - Timeshares
Type: Fairshare Points 154,000 Demand Color Code: Red - high
Resort Name: Wydham Grand Desert Week #: --
Property Address: 265 E. Harmon Drive Number of Bedrooms: 2
City: Las Vegas Number of Bathrooms: 2
State/Province: Nevada Sq Footage (Sq. ft.): --
Zip/Postal Code: 89109 Maintenance Fees (dollars): 349.00

Can anyone shed any light? Can there be different fees for the same amount of points? Would I call the resort to confirm?

Thanks

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not this resort, this one is pure UDI, so it should be the same. More likely the eBay lister put in th number (s)he believe is paying and have no idea what is the actually number

Jya-Ning

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone shed any light? Can there be different fees for the same amount of points? Would I call the resort to confirm?

Thanks

When looking at eBay- you should consider information the seller provides as a best guess only... eBay sellers have a consistent history of having no real idea what the property is- or many of the relevant details about the ownership..

I basically think of eBay as similar to one of those massive auto auction areas that have thousands of cars and which give you limited access to check them out before the car rolls by the auctioneer.....

You can find great deals there- but if you aren't an expert- you'd better bring one with you or chances are you're going to be in for some nasty surprises!

Good luck!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Fees, Shmeez.

Can there be different fees for the same amount of points?
Sometimes sellers don't include real estate taxes in with annual maintenance fees totals. That is, some do & some don't.

Technically that distinction is accurate, in a narrow kind of way. But it is also misleading bigtime in that (far as I know) most timeshare owners tend to lump together maintenance fees + taxes + renovation reserve fund payments when they think of what they have to pony up every year under the heading of "maintenance fees."

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you play with the group's MF calculator, or using the group's MF table to check?

GD has 2 POA, one charges 3.84 per 1K, one charge 3.57 per 1K

If the old owner bought from retail, (s)he pays 105.5 for club membership for that level of point, it is first level a fixed amount (which allow them to access Plus partnership. But as resale, your club membership due will be 86.82

Based on that figure, you should see these MF
380.39 (deed on Grand Desert, retail owner)
401.18 (deed on Grand Desert Tower III, retail owner)

361.71 (deed on Grand Desert, resell owner)
382.5 (deed on Grand Desert Tower III, resell owner)

I think both ad just throw a number there unless one has MF for 2007 and the seller paid whole year, and the other has 2009's figure which I am not sure if it already out or not, since both reseller are not owner. They really have no idea what it is or actually is. You probably better to deal with Angle or Tom C to start with since they are much more professional to get all the fact straight.

$490 look really off-base, I will guess that is the number the seller want you to pay him (her).

Jya-Ning

Last edited: