• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Easy to set up Security Alerts for Credit Cards and Accounts plus has anyone used Credit Karma or equivalent services

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I just wanted to share for those of who have concerns of fraud on your accounts and are not aware that you can set up security alerts. I had a couple of incidents this last month so I set up alerts for all my accounts. You can choose what types but I went for all. I was able to select the option online. I immediately get notification of all transactions. This was suggested to me by a person in the credit department where someone unauthorized tried to use my credit card.

I was also advised to check my credit often by using something like Credit Karma which I haven’t checked out yet. Has anyone used this service or a different one?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I just wanted to share for those of who have concerns of fraud on your accounts and are not aware that you can set up security alerts. I had a couple of incidents this last month so I set up alerts for all my accounts. You can choose what types but I went for all. I was able to select the option online. I immediately get notification of all transactions. This was suggested to me by a person in the credit department where someone unauthorized tried to use my credit card.

I was also advised to check my credit often by using something like Credit Karma which I haven’t checked out yet. Has anyone used this service or a different one?
By habit I use alerts on every card/bank account. Why not, it's free and could be helpful. I've probably set my limits too low so I get some alerts for regular transactions but I can deal with that.

I've used Credit Karma for years and like the service for monitoring my accounts. I find it handy to have everything in one place.They even let you know if your email/passwords have shown up on the dark web after known hacks and give you enough information to see which passwords are showing up. It's really a great service. I do worry about security but so far there have been no issues.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I log into my 3 Bank Accounts and 1 Credit Card every morning around 6 am and check to make sure all the prior day's transactions are mine. It takes all of about 5 minutes...

George

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I log in to check bank accounts daily and CC every few days, but do have email notifications set up on all. Hubs info was compromised about 18 months ago.

I have used Credit Karma for several years. I like it. Basically they check your info so that they can encourage you to get a new CC, but I have yet to do that. They do notify me if something is unusual and give me weekly update credit scores.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I get alerts from our main credit card.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Credit Karma does a very good job. I've used them for some time and as an example, we just purchased a new car and during the phone call with a salesman, who we have used several times prior, as soon as he ran our names through Equifax I was alerted that they were checking my credit report.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I log into my 3 Bank Accounts and 1 Credit Card every morning around 6 am and check to make sure all the prior day's transactions are mine. It takes all of about 5 minutes...

George
This is pretty much my SOP as well. Cell phones have made this easy and quick.