• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC options for a MVC week owner

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. Last time they were in II I got a 2bd every year I wanted one. I got a 2bd last year and they were still filling RCI deposits. If people were depositing into RCI they will definitely deposit into II and there are 2x the resorts/owners than there used to be. You just have to look regularly:

BDN,DWL,CWA,DAK,DAA,BCV,DBW,DVO,DPA,DRA,DSS

Follow the sightings and do your own searches and you will pretty quickly learn the deposit schedule.
That was a long time ago.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Read the message. I traded a studio for a 2bd LAST year WHILE they were still filling RCI requests all year. It will only get easier.
That must have been a high TPU studio?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There is almost always some amount of DVC inventory just sitting on II instant exchange inventory at any given time. Right now mostly all studios with one 1BR but there is often a lot more with some 2BR units. We've traded into Saratoga Springs with our Harbour Lake week when they first came back in to II and they didn't have the regional block in place. We also booked in to Saratoga Springs and Boulder Ridge at Wilderness Lodge coming up later this year. These have and will be all 1BR units.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No. Last time they were in II I got a 2bd every year I wanted one. I got a 2bd last year and they were still filling RCI deposits. If people were depositing into RCI they will definitely deposit into II and there are 2x the resorts/owners than there used to be. You just have to look regularly:

BDN,DWL,CWA,DAK,DAA,BCV,DBW,DVO,DPA,DRA,DSS

Follow the sightings and do your own searches and you will pretty quickly learn the deposit schedule.
DVC does occasionally deposit 2BR but most deposits are smaller units. Also, while there are deposits in II, DVC members historically exchange far less than those of other systems until DVC started using . Still given their size and the locations of the resorts, there are still a decent amount of units that are deposited and available. One comparison would be the number of units for all MVC resorts vs the number for DVC. You can find a link to a thread I posted and managed on DIS HERE. Once DVC changed over to RCI they started just using the exchange audit from RCI points to satisfy the FL requirements. I haven't checked since they changed back to II.

wuv pooh

TUG Member
Reaction score
That must have been a high TPU studio?
My error. I looked and it was actually a Manor Club Memorial Day 1bd. I traded the studio back into MMC.

My point being that you have to look at it counter intuitively. It is not that hard of a trade. I think the big issue is that for DVC they will not ongoing search upgrade you. Not sure if that is growing pains or deliberate, but I had several 2bd slip through my fingers until I caught one. You have to keep looking at instant exchanges/sightings and learn the current inventory deposit schedule so you can get first pick ie. inventory is released 4 months early on Thursday night. I was surprised how much inventory went to RCI the last 18 months, so that can only get easier for II.

Disney is now like Hawaii. I love them both but between air fare, ticket prices, food costs, etc. they are expensive vacations that take a lot of time either flying or planning. Average people won't do that hassle every year consistently. They will trade for the beach a 3 hour drive from their house. I was always amazed by the people at the Horizons Orlando pool who traded their parents Kauai Beach Club 2bd for Horizons. The same dynamic exists in DVC. DVC does control those deposits, but that often provides trades to the best holiday weeks. Their own members won't pay the point cost for prime weeks, so they clear their obligation to II by depositing points heavy studios/1br holiday weeks and 2br in shoulder season.

You have to be flexible, I look at a 6 week window, and put in some effort but it is certainly doable every other year when I want to do Disney. When you add in the MF, Exchange fee, DVC fee, etc. it works out to under $2,000 for a room that Disney wanted $7,000 cash for so I consider the 10 hours time well spent.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
My error. I looked and it was actually a Manor Club Memorial Day 1bd. I traded the studio back into MMC.

My point being that you have to look at it counter intuitively. It is not that hard of a trade. I think the big issue is that for DVC they will not ongoing search upgrade you. Not sure if that is growing pains or deliberate, but I had several 2bd slip through my fingers until I caught one. You have to keep looking at instant exchanges/sightings and learn the current inventory deposit schedule so you can get first pick ie. inventory is released 4 months early on Thursday night. I was surprised how much inventory went to RCI the last 18 months, so that can only get easier for II.

Disney is now like Hawaii. I love them both but between air fare, ticket prices, food costs, etc. they are expensive vacations that take a lot of time either flying or planning. Average people won't do that hassle every year consistently. They will trade for the beach a 3 hour drive from their house. I was always amazed by the people at the Horizons Orlando pool who traded their parents Kauai Beach Club 2bd for Horizons. The same dynamic exists in DVC. DVC does control those deposits, but that often provides trades to the best holiday weeks. Their own members won't pay the point cost for prime weeks, so they clear their obligation to II by depositing points heavy studios/1br holiday weeks and 2br in shoulder season.

You have to be flexible, I look at a 6 week window, and put in some effort but it is certainly doable every other year when I want to do Disney. When you add in the MF, Exchange fee, DVC fee, etc. it works out to under $2,000 for a room that Disney wanted $7,000 cash for so I consider the 10 hours time well spent.
I was just confused by your statement thinking it was trading a studio through RCI, but that wasn't the case. I agree about the ease of trading in to DVC. It isn't hard and I agree they tend to be more DVC point heavy types of reservations. While we mostly see Studios just sitting out there on II, it seems they deposit just as many if not more 1BR units. Those larger units disappear first on II because the exchange fee is the same. DVC owners tent to avoid these because they sleep the same number of people but cost a lot less DVC points. Thus DVC owners tend to prefer these just to stretch points.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Disney like every other timeshare system has some owners that are very knowledgeable and maximize the ownership by using it for Disney or renting or working with a broker and do not use II.

But I'm sure there are plenty of less knowledgeable Disney owners too that are far more likely to deposit with II and trade. There does always seem to be a healthy dose of Disney inventory in Interval even more so than there was in RCI. Also some owners just don't want to deal with the hassles of rentals and will just make the trade as they see that as an easier path.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
There does always seem to be a healthy dose of Disney inventory in Interval even more so than there was in RCI.
I suspect some of this is that the general II owner base doesn't know Disney is there yet. The same thing happened in RCI in the early days when DVC moved the most recent time from II--great stuff sat around for weeks before anyone took it.

I suspect some of it is also because II has a smaller owner base, but DVC is not getting smaller for sure.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I suspect some of this is that the general II owner base doesn't know Disney is there yet. The same thing happened in RCI in the early days when DVC moved the most recent time from II--great stuff sat around for weeks before anyone took it.

I suspect some of it is also because II has a smaller owner base, but DVC is not getting smaller for sure.
Including Villas at Grand Californian, unbelievably, and I was lucky enough to get three weeks before people even knew it was there.

I am glad Disney is back with II, but I do long for the same kinds of opportunities we had back then for Disney exchanges. But I will settle for OKW, Rick's favorite. My favorite is DWL, Boulder Ridge.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Unless you want to spend a bunch of time on it, I would just book the best week you can at MGO, and post that as a rental. Then, also request a rental on a site like dvcrequest dot com, and book that. Hopefully you can break even, but you may pay more for DVC than you rent your MGO for. DVC owners get top dollar for their rentals.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Unless you want to spend a bunch of time on it, I would just book the best week you can at MGO, and post that as a rental. Then, also request a rental on a site like dvcrequest dot com, and book that. Hopefully you can break even, but you may pay more for DVC than you rent your MGO for. DVC owners get top dollar for their rentals.
The good thing about this option is you can the reserve any DVC property and not just be limited to the few undesirables available in II.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
There are lots of DVC point rental companies out there. I would guess the price you pay would be around $22 per point. They usually pay owners around $18 per point. Contact them very early if you have a specific date and resort you want. Best chance to get what you want is to put in your request 11 months ahead of time. At the seven month mark any DVC owner can make a reservation at a resort that is not their home resort. I have worked with DVCdashRental before and they were great. But just like any timeshare, if you have a popular date or resort in mind you need to plan early.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hey now. I'm looking forward to my Kidani savanna view next month!
We've been there on an II exchange. It was nice. We had a villa that was almost the furthest away from the lobby. We still had a good time.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been there on an II exchange. It was nice. We had a villa that was almost the furthest away from the lobby. We still had a good time.

We were also on the very far end from the lobby. But we had a high floor and there's an elevator close to the end. So we parked near that elevator.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a DVC owner I always rent out any left over points rather then depositing them in II. Much easier and more profitable for me that way.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I asked for close to the "Zazu" elevator, which is the far elevator on the south side. That's closer to Jambo, and I'll have a car, so the walk is less of an issue.
Yeah, that is where we were placed. Worked great with a car, though the few times I waled to the lobby it sure was a lot father than it looked. I also noticed that at AKV DVC owners tend to want lower floors in savanna view to view animals better, but we had top floor.